Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2019

Having been invited as one of the presenters in a panel at a Conference in the Ateneo de Manila University, it was important that a convenient place near the venue can offer a comfortable and quiet place to do writing and other preparations. I found this hotel, of which our sponsors billeted us, as indeed the place for academics like me. Although we were three in a room, space was just right for our traffic going in and out of the bathroom. Most important, there was daily clean-up and replacements of shampoos, toothbrushes etc. Their toothbrush is even sturdy unlike most hotels I've been to. Breakfast is served inside the room, very neat and classy. Yes, indeed my three nights and four days stay in this hotel was very good. Congratulations to its management and staff!

Room tip: we were on the ninth floor, east side.
Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Traffic in Katipunan road is usually heavy, ramp in front of hotel is almost 45 degrees too steep for wheelchair even with 2 people pushing, violation of BP 344 Accessibility Law, elevator is too small have to squeeze my wheelchair, if it were not for the importance of the inclusive education forum I would not go in. The admin should address this violation of BP344. Also the CR, door is too small wheelchair can not go in. We do use the CR you know!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Location, location, location. Great for my work with academics nearby. Staff was wonderfully polite, kind and always ready and willing to provide service and recommendations for eating and shopping in the area..
Be aware, not all rooms have a view to the outside. Many have windows that look out to a concrete wall. I got room with a "city view" so had a view to the neighborhood behind the hotel and downtown Manila. During passage of typhoon Mangkhut (Ompong) to the north, my windows did rattle quite a bit and water spray from the windows did come into the room. Power did also flicker and then go out for about 5 minutes but the hotel generators did come up. So overall, hotel "weathered" well the typhoon which I think was testament to rather good facilities at this location.
Minus is the cockroaches. Size about 1/4' and smaller. I believe they abound because of the service gap on the sides (where the "windows" look out onto.).
But... this place is rated as a three star so very acceptable to me. And, with the very good and positive staff, I would rate higher if not for the "windows" and critters!

Room tip: Room with city view
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Pohaku
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I stayed in the hotel for 2 days as i attend an academe event next door. not to fancy but ok. the staff are very nice to me and breakfast is good the dried fish. overall my room is good enough for my basic needs. wifi is great. very near major restaurants in the city. Not too fancy not to cheap but its good enough for me.

Room tip: request for upgrade
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018

A) The denomination of hotel is a bit misleading. It seems to work as a sort of B&B and as a student guesthouse (this is witnessed by the sign outside where they say "We rent rooms to students" and similar wordings. Also, the hotel is "carved" inside what seems to be a multipurpose building hosting also eateries, schools, offices etc. In short, it's as if they rented a couple of floors and turned it into a hotel. This has implications in terms of quality of life inside (and safety). For a moment i thought i had ended in the wrong place.
B) Pictures in their website and online DO NOT correspond to the reality (at least in my case). I was assigned a room with no windows, no working TV (they fixed it and it stopped working soon after, due to cabling issues i suspect, after which i gave up). (I do have pictures of the room i took during my stay).
C) Appalling level of hygiene. I had cockroaches running all over my room (and they did issue a notice that they would do a pest control treatment but unfortunately when i was leaving...for two nights i had to cope with cockroaches of all sizes running all over my room and my clothing), seemingly coming out from under the closet and the bed area. Apart from that there were piles of dust on all corners of the room, under the bed, under the fridge. I ended up putting a towel on the bed and sleeping on that. (I do have pictures of the cockroaches)
D) Air conditioning: Old, noisy, no remote, and pushes cold air right on your head/neck when you sleep. I switched it off and spent two nights sweating.
E) The room had a blind window overlooking maybe a wall or some shop where i could hear people chopping food maybe. I tried to use the window and the whole thing fell off. It was fixed by the EXCELLENT staff maybe but still i had noises coming from outside round the clock.
F) Noise in corridors is constant. People knocking at the doors, people having fun in corridors, somebody knocking at my door for no reason, people speaking on radios, music coming from all sides. It gets quieter at some point mid morning with only staff running on the floor but at some key times it's really noisy (especially on weekends).
G) Running water is not really sufficient for a proper shower. Pressure is low and water almost cold. If you need, say, a hot shower to recover from the pains their A/C gives you during the night, don't expect to find it there.
H) Not even some cheap slippers in room. This translates in having to walk barefooted where hundreds of others have before you and, in my case, with cockroaches roaming, that is how realized i had them indeed. I stepped on one of them at night while heading to the toilet, which implied an overnight shower and no sleep.
I) Breakfast is a mixed batch. Some food is fine, not to remember, yet some fruits i had were on the dry side and the watermelon was turning sour.
J) They don't seem to serve any meal beyond breakfast (so it should not be called HOTEL but, at best B&B)

The bright side
A) The staff is really nice, and caters for your needs. They managed to put me in a good mood despite the obviously unpleasant experience.
B) The hotel is not only placed in a very convenient spot but it is located at a walking distance (literally, next door), from a variety of pretty good restaurants and bars.

Considering price/quality ratio and the experience i had i would never recommend the hotel to anyone, especially considering that at the moment of booking there were 3 and 4-star hotels for just a slightly higher price in the area, just a bit too far from my destination during the trip. In particular, if you're set for a happy holiday and hotel is part of the experience, i would avoid it altogether. I know it spoiled my whole business trip, especially due to the lack of sleep caused by all the issues above.
Overall, had they claimed they were a student guesthouse and a B&B, i wouldn't have chosen that specific place or, if forced to, they would have received a different review since when considered in that perspective the place is up to standard for a really good B&B, especially considering the excellent staff and the overall portions of their breakfast with the staff that caters for you with extreme politeness and professionalism.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a window if possible and if they have any. The one i ended up at felt claustrophobic.
Date of stay: April 2018