“A Different kind of Ramen”
Review of Tsukumo Ramen

Tsukumo Ramen
Ranked #340 of 1,138 Restaurants in Manila
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Let me go straight to the point, I'm glad that they went beyond the usual Ramen and Bravely tried a new twist. However I did not become an instant fan of their Cheese Ramen.
Their Best Seller Gyoza is quite satisfactory for my taste with a balance combination of it's main component mince pork, cabbage, ginger. Sadly I did not like their sauce for the Gyoza as I still prefer the usual Gyoza Sauce of Japanese Soy Sauce, Sweet Sauce or Soy Sauce with Rice Vinegar.
I like The Shoyu Tonkotsu Ramen, the Broth is very rich and very tasty and the serving of the Noodles is quite a lot especially for someone like me who enjoy Noodles a lot, the noodles is very firm and al dente.
I like the ambiance of the place and the servers are very accomodating and very attentive to what their customer needs.
Overall I like the place and the Food but if they are promoting their Cheese Ramen they should think of other ways to make their Signature Dish popular.

I would suggest to cook the noodles with the Cheese and Serve the noodles separate to the Broth.

Eat the noodles and slurp the Broth Soup afterwards is a good way to eat their Cheese Ramen.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I love ramen and I cannot resist the opportunity to try a new ramen restaurant. So when I saw Tsukumo Ramen at Robinsons, I knew I had to try it!

The specialty of Tsukumo is the cheese ramen. Who would have thought that adding powdered cheese and french fries to ramen would work? Contrary to all reason, it did! I love it! It is such a comforting dish, with all your favorite comfort foods (cheese, fried potatoes, noodles, rich hot soup) contained in one large bowl. I prefer the original powdered gouda cheese to the combination of gouda and mozzarella. Pure gouda is more flavorful!

I have sampled the other types of ramen from my companions' bowls, and they seemed good as well. I always order the cheese ramen when I go there, leaving me no room in my stomach to try the other types of ramen.

The gyoza was greasy and nothing special so you can give it a miss. The chicken with ginger and scallion was a much better appetizer.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Gyoza is good but not the ramen. Tried champon ramen, how the soup blends with the noodles and other ingredients doesn't tastes good.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I tried the Marukyo Cheese Ramen upon the recommendation of the waiter but I was a bit disappointed since the flavor of the broth was not intact. The noodles were great and the service was genuine. I should have tried their other ramen.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The first local branch of Tsukumo is in Robinsons Manila. Located outside the mall, it catches your attention as you enter the main entrance.

One late dinner, I intended to order the dependable tonkotsu ramen with pork slices, but the waitress managed to convince me to try their best seller, the champon ramen. I was told champon means mixed seafood, but the Japanese guest seated nearby explained that it means a mix of different ingredients.

The taste of the soup is rich, yet the other ingredients such as the vegetables and mushroom don't clash with it. The size of one order is enough for one hungry person. I complemented the dish with gyoza, which was crunchy outside and soft elsewhere. It is slightly bigger than bitesize which made it easy to eat. The croquette is also one excellent appetizer. Be sure to eat it before you begin with the ramen, as I found it better as a starter.

I was told by the lady manager that most ingredients come from Japan, such as Shinjuku area. The noodle is made daily inside the store. Talk about quality of ingredients.