See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

will definitely go back .. what I notice first is the accomadating gestures of the front desk receptionist. the room that they gave me is decent for a cheap price. the beddings is comfy that I almost stayed there for a day. overall it's a nice hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank silver b
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Forget any association with "Paris" that the name of the hotel might conjure in your mind. The hotel seemed to mostly have Chinese guests and Chinese staff. It is in Chinatown and we had to go on a weird back street to get to the front door because the front entrance is one way the wrong way from the direction we were coming. The neighborhood at 11:30 PM at night when we arrived did not look inviting. I wasn't very comfortable even going to the 7/11 across the street.
The taxi driver did not know where the hotel was and the front desk seemed incapable of giving directions that a taxi driver would readily understand. The taxi driver had to call 2 or 3 times before he found the place. A Philippines cell phone with load or an international cell phone with roaming activated is a must if you want to stay at this hotel.
We were staying overnight between a domestic and international flight and it is definitely inconveniently located compared to the airport. We have stayed both in Malate/Ermita and Makati before and the coupon taxis from the airport to Malate and Makati are a lot cheaper than to here. The places we stayed in in Makati and Malate were of a much higher standard also.
We were given a room that wreaked of smoke and told we would have to spend a substantial amount of money (around an extra 50%) to upgrade to a non-smoking room. After half an hour of looking around, they did find us a room on the smoking floor that at least didn't wreak of smoke.
The hotel seemed rather dead overall, maybe 30% occupancy?
The bed felt like it had sand or grit in it. The a/c was OK, not great. The breakfast was fairly poor quality.
We definitely won't stay here again. The BSA Towers in Makati near Greenbelt are much, much better as is Robinson's Place in Malate/Ermita, although Robinson's Place requires a 3 night minimum stay which didn't suit us on our way out.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2015

It was a Chinese New Year day of 2015 and our group decided to join the festive, from Sta. Cruz church we keep walking along Ongpin Street and due to the volume of people, we decided to have our lunch at this hotel. Place is good and clean...with attractions of facilities..food are okay and price is economical as well. A good place to stay with when you will be in Manila.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2015

We have been travelling in many counties and suffered through the box spring beds of central America and the rigid SE Asia beds but this place was a new challenge. The mattresses were actually two inches of hard foam covered by very thick vinyl. I most likened them to boat cushions. I have had a better sleep on a bus terminal bench. The hotel is a special example of false front covering a bad inside. The lobby can only be described as grandiose. Gold and mirrors galore. High end shops for travel, wine and more. The restaurant had lobsters that cost over 300 dollars each along with many delicacies like shark and poisonous stone fish. They told me their target market was Chinese and I guess they want to show off. I thought we had really scored until we went upstairs. They gave us one bed for a booking of a family of three. No fridge as promised. The fitness center they listed was in fact another company and they wanted ten bucks each for us to exercise and you had to buy a towel or shower as extra. The room was shabby with very poor air con. To top it off outside the hotel families with infant babies were living on the sidewalks. Heartbreaking for us to go from the splendor of the lobby to the reality of the lowest level of poverty. We booked a boat out of Manila the next day. You will not see any other tourists from the west in Manila and now we know why.

Room Tip: Confirm what your internet booking promises first.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Second time to stay here. First was in a double standard and recently, in a single standard room.

The rooms are comfortable to stay at. It is clean and has most of what an average family needs.
Their most affordable room is quite big already. All rooms have full cable TV with channels reaching to 70+. All rooms also have bath tubs. Air conditioning is good. Daily breakfast for two is a plus as well since the hotel's breakfast is above average. All floors have free fast wi-fi access.

Two complaints so far. Niño, the receptionist, gave me false information. Nothing serious, but disappointing. I asked if their flat screen TV has a USB slot. I specifically described it as the standard USB used in computers and not other ports like HDMI. He confirmed several times that the TVs have USB slots. Unfortunately, on my second stay, it only has HDMI slot. Even their maintenance man was unsure.

Same guy, Niño confirmed they accept credit card and I can use it already. Sadly, the other receptionist informed me the other day that their credit card reader was unavailable for several days already.

Another downside is that the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool and some of their rooms smell cigarette smokes.

Minor complaints but very good place to stay at if on a budget. China town is a very nice place to venture on so if you need an affordable place to stay, this one here is your best bet.

Room Tip: Bring cash. On my second stay here, Niño, the receptionist, claims they accept credit cards and already available only to find out the day after that their credit card machine was broken for several days already. Good thing we have spare cash to pay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple