Malate Pensionne
US$97
US$98
US$92
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$49
US$135
US$126
  • Pool
US$116
US$87
Agoda.com
  • Pool
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$36
Casa Bocobo Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$33
  • Breakfast included
Kimberly Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$48
Hotel H2O(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$66
All reviewsfan roomcoffee beansprivate bathroomthree blocksnice place to stayairport pickuphome away from homechecking inclose to the airportreception areaaurarobinsonmall
Reviewed 5 November 2016

The people are attentive to my immediate need for safety, security, cleanliness, and help for things that I may have forgotten or may need along the way. There is no elevator so the management has a man posted on the third floor where I stayed. When I could not find the switch to the bathroom, someone just appeared from nowhere and helped me out. I called on the management that I needed help with the old TV and someone came ASAP. After a helper brought my things to my room, he reminded me that he would come back to give me my towel. The people don't make you feel that you have to give them huge tip.

Room Tip: Does not matter.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Staff:

At 5am arrived in the hotel

1. The security guard was sleeping same with the receptionist. I was the one who called their attention to wake up
2. The receptionist does not know how to greet
3. Busy with the cellphone after she woke up

At 7am i went to lobby to leave my key.

1. The receptionist was busy in her cellphone
2. She does not know how to greet guests.
3. She does not know how to get or receive things from the guests (hotel standard that 2 hands must use in giving or receiving something to or from the guests)

At 7pm after my long day I went back to hotel

1. 2 receptionist busy with their cellphone.
2. Again dont know how to greet
3. Staff were seating on the stairs or hallway using their cellphone. No greetings at all

Toilet
1. Dirty. Seems the RA was not cleaning

Rooms
1. The linens need to change brandnew
2. The bed has bumpy. Room 453

Recommendations
1. Need trainings for the staff. I am a front office manager and this is not it should be. Cheap rooms, old buildings, old furnitures butbeverything will be covered if the service is good. Courteousness of the staff must be improved
2. Using of cellphones should not be allowed while on duty

Stayed: October 2016
5  Thank Mikee B
DONNA S, Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Hello Mikee B!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely apologize that our service standards failed during your stay. Rest assured that your concerns have been elevated to the proper departments and are prioritized to avoid recurrence. I hope your experience did not mar the unique charm of Malate Pensionne. We look forward to welcoming you back with 1 complimentary overnight stay as part of our service recovery. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

This ancestral building nestled in the heart of Malate. I stayed there for my visa interview and everything was accessible. There's a lot of resto around , near robinsons ermita, just a ride to MOA and ocean park.Free wifi. The staff are friendly and helpful

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce L

Hi Joyce L!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Malate Pensionne. Good to know you had a pleasant stay while waiting for your Visa interview. Best of luck to your endeavors and we hope to welcome you back at Malate Pensionne again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I stayed at the Malate Pensionne, for one night prior to going back home to the United States. I am very pleased with how everything went...

There was a front desk person that did not know me as l was checking in, not much of a problem... l had previously been in a very rural province for several days with no wi-fi. I did want to enter the pensionne with my reservation in hand. I had some difficulty accessing the internet on my mobile phone in their lobby. I did have a reservation with a special rate. They did not have a record of my reservation... l am not sure if they keep a record of it, and just simply rely on the guest to present it. Anyway, as l was shown the rates for the various rooms, a few of the personnel that do know me came through the reception area. One of them being the manager, she gave me the rate that l had been quoted with my reservation.

It was great to see the staff that remembered me!

Through the years, the Malate Pensionne has received some mixed reviews. I can honestly state that it appears as if they have read the critical reviews and tried to fix any adverse issues.

Security is still excellent. They are constantly cleaning the place. The staff are as friendly as ever. The major construction surrounding this property, that was going on for years is now completed. As a result, there are fewer nightclubs near the Malate Pensionne. Construction completed, fewer nightclubs, equals much less noise.

I will be back in the Philippines, in a few weeks. I will be staying at the Malate Pensionne again!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank ScottyRock
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

clean bedroom but noisy aircon,the common bathroom met the standard and the staff are nice and good...regarding the location,it's very accessible shopping mall robinsons place is the nearest just a few meters away,u.s. embass,bars and restaurant just a walking distance this pentionne hauz is highly recommended to all traveller's..

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo