At 5am arrived in the hotel
1. The security guard was sleeping same with the receptionist. I was the one who called their attention to wake up
2. The receptionist does not know how to greet
3. Busy with the cellphone after she woke up
At 7am i went to lobby to leave my key.
1. The receptionist was busy in her cellphone
2. She does not know how to greet guests.
3. She does not know how to get or receive things from the guests (hotel standard that 2 hands must use in giving or receiving something to or from the guests)
At 7pm after my long day I went back to hotel
1. 2 receptionist busy with their cellphone.
2. Again dont know how to greet
3. Staff were seating on the stairs or hallway using their cellphone. No greetings at all
1. Dirty. Seems the RA was not cleaning
1. The linens need to change brandnew
2. The bed has bumpy. Room 453
1. Need trainings for the staff. I am a front office manager and this is not it should be. Cheap rooms, old buildings, old furnitures butbeverything will be covered if the service is good. Courteousness of the staff must be improved
2. Using of cellphones should not be allowed while on duty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malate Pensionne is located in the heart of Malate, a district of Manila on Adriatico St. (formerly Dakota St under the US Commonwealth & Calle Nuevo under Spain). Our building was built by Americans who leased the land from our grandfather to house American workers. When the lease ended, our mother turned it into Dakota Apts. Returning from her European trips & learning of how Italians welcomed weary travelers to their home like family members, she turned Dakota Apts into Malate Valero Pensionne, now well know as the Malate Pensionne with the slogan, "Your home away from Home". As far as we know, we are the only hotel in the world with a strict policy of only registered guests can walk our hallways. We are about a mile from the US Embassy & Rizal Park. About 2 miles from Intramuros, the old walled city of Manila, a 5 min. walk to Robinson Mall. 15 min. by car to Mall Of Asia & 11.5km to the upscale Makati City & Bonifacio Global City. Mabuhay, Bienvenido, Welcome to your "home away from home". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Malate Pensionne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malate Pensionne Manila
- Malate Pensionne Hotel Manila