“A Return Visit After 7 Years of Not Visiting the Philippines.”
Review of Malate Pensionne

Malate Pensionne
Ranked #18 of 75 Manila B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I stayed at the Malate Pensionne, for one night prior to going back home to the United States. I am very pleased with how everything went...

There was a front desk person that did not know me as l was checking in, not much of a problem... l had previously been in a very rural province for several days with no wi-fi. I did want to enter the pensionne with my reservation in hand. I had some difficulty accessing the internet on my mobile phone in their lobby. I did have a reservation with a special rate. They did not have a record of my reservation... l am not sure if they keep a record of it, and just simply rely on the guest to present it. Anyway, as l was shown the rates for the various rooms, a few of the personnel that do know me came through the reception area. One of them being the manager, she gave me the rate that l had been quoted with my reservation.

It was great to see the staff that remembered me!

Through the years, the Malate Pensionne has received some mixed reviews. I can honestly state that it appears as if they have read the critical reviews and tried to fix any adverse issues.

Security is still excellent. They are constantly cleaning the place. The staff are as friendly as ever. The major construction surrounding this property, that was going on for years is now completed. As a result, there are fewer nightclubs near the Malate Pensionne. Construction completed, fewer nightclubs, equals much less noise.

I will be back in the Philippines, in a few weeks. I will be staying at the Malate Pensionne again!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank ScottyRock
There are newer reviews for Malate Pensionne

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

clean bedroom but noisy aircon,the common bathroom met the standard and the staff are nice and good...regarding the location,it's very accessible shopping mall robinsons place is the nearest just a few meters away,u.s. embass,bars and restaurant just a walking distance this pentionne hauz is highly recommended to all traveller's..

Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Room was ok smell old somehow need renovations.Room smell old i saw small rats shower old and bathroom too.linen smell old and itchy not comportable to sleep .staff the guard is great reception was ok ..

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gerald Anthony A
Reviewed August 5, 2016

My room was cheap for its location. Since I was on a budget, it's okay. It's near everything (city life, especially the night life) which was nice. If you want an A-ok room with bed and an AC, here is just okay. Breakfast was served only at the Guest's Lobby which was small. They had like cafe tables for 2. It was mediocre but what can I expect? It was cheap. XD

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

"If you're looking for clean, homey & affordable place to stay while in Manila... this is the place for you. Malate Pensionne is really superb when it comes to cleanliness, the place is an old building renovated & enhanced. The wooden floors which for me makes it very warm like your really at home away from home. Staff are extremely helpful & attentive. i love Malate Pensionne!"

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family