Malate Pensionne
V Hotel(Manila)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfan roomcoffee beansprivate bathroomthree blocksnice place to stayairport pickuphome away from homechecking inclose to the airportreception areaaurarobinsonmall
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Hotel in good location in Malate - staff at desk very friendly but room very gloomy - small window with little light. I booked and paid for an Executive room - but not sure what was executive about it. No WiFi in rooms only in lobby is a real inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

The hotel was 1600 pisos for a small room with aircon. The aircon unit dripped on the mattress all night and the bed was very uncomfortable. When we told the concierge the next morning she replied with "thank you for letting us know". I would not recommend for the price, but the location was good.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TheTravelingDuckie
Jay G, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear guests, my sincere apologies for having a terrible experience. whenever I have an unpleasant experience at an establishment, I always ask for the manager to give management an opportunity to be aware and address my concern. If they make me happy, that appeases me. If they do nothing or are indifferent, then they deserve my wrath. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great experience as many of our guests have had. We make every effort to provide everyone with a positive great experience and I know of no place, even an expensive five star, that has not had a negative comment. Giving management an opportunity to make it right for you is what truly matters. I hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Manila. Ask for me on your next visit. Have a nice day. Jay Gutierrez - general manager.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Central location and polite staff but noisy, no hot water and no drinking water in room. Dodgy aircon and run down room. Overpriced and underwhelmed.
Not recommended. Choose somewhere else nearby, there are lots of better places than this.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gareth B

Dear Gareth, my apologies for having a disappointing experience at our property. Adriatico street and most places in the Ermita Malate tourist area are noisy especially at night. We could have moved you to the rear of the property away from the street had you asked. Also, in the future, give management an opportunity to address your concerns and make it right for you. If management does not or is indifferent to your concerns, then you have every right to vent. We did experience a breakdown in one of our hot water tanks. Breakdowns are a way of life in any building and that is why we have a maintenance staff. Most of the time, issues are fixed quickly. Others take time especially when we have to order replacements. If you give us another opportunity to make your lodging a great experience, you will change your mind. Have a nice day and ask for me should you decide to return and give us a second chance. Jay Gutierrez - general manager

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Budget friendly yet worth every bucks you paid. Staffs are accommodating. Hotel gives a nostalgic aura for me. Breakfast they provide is from the coffee house outside the hotel which is good. Overall, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anna L
Malate P, General Manager at Malate Pensionne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Hello Anna!
Thank you for taking the time to post your Malate Pensionne experience. We definitely strive everyday to provide a positive experience to all our guests. Every chance I get, I walk around and talk to our guests whom I see and inquire about their experience in and around our property. Reality is most who have a positive experience do not always take the time to write or post their comments on the Trip Advisor. If they did,, Malate Pensionne would rate a four to five star. Thank you once again for your positive review and we look forward to your return. Malate Pensionne, your home away from home. Have a great day always.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stayed overnight. Hot / Cold Shower was good. Location is good (city center)Near restaurants and malls. Robinsons mall was just a few minutes walk away.. Staff are accomodating. The place was a bit old. We stayed in a room near the stairs we could hear people heading up.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank mitzandlarry

Hello! Thank you for having made Malate Pensionne your home away from home. Our building is a "heritage" building built by US Standard Oil during the US Commonwealth era. Many of our regular returning guests come back exactly because they like that old world charm. Ermita Malate area is a historic district which gives it a distinctive unique character that other areas cannot replicate. For those that like modern glass and concrete structures, heritage old world buildings are not for them. We have budget friendly rates simply because we are one of the few remaining original families here and we make our guests feel like family. Have a great day and thank you for your review.