4 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$75
Hotels.com$75
Official Site$128
1,965 results
All reviews cafe ilang ilang historic hotel grand dame rizal park swim up bar breakfast buffet grand lobby lobby lounge ocean park capiz filipino gym bathtub security bay facade asia
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2022 via mobile

I brought my family tgis week here and we all had a great time. The swimming pool is perfect. While my kids and wife were swimming I got to enjoy 2 bottles of beer at the bar just very near the pool. Our room was also perfect and the staff was generous to provide us additional towels. Breakfast at Ylang Ykang was really good. The gym has new equipments. Overall it was an enjoyable moment for all of us.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
The Manila Hotel Team, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2022

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and that your family had a great time. It is our pleasure to catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. We hope you can come to visit us again soon. All the best and stay safe!

Reviewed July 16, 2022 via mobile

The Manila Hotel no longer lives up to its reputation as the premier hotel in Manila. The staff hardly smile. They do not make conversation with the guests nor do they offer to help, not even with your bags when you arrive. Food was very ordinary. The breakfast buffet was disorganized with people cutting queues.

Room tip: Find another hotel. There are plenty of options which are cheaper and they probably provide better customer service.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivy B

Dear valued guest, We are saddened that your experience did not meet your expectations; particularly on the service side. May we request to send us details of your stay so that we can investigate and address the issues. Please email us at info@themanilahotel.com. We have forwarded your concerns to the department in-charge to remind our staff to smile more, be more friendly & helpful to our guests. We will also be working on our breakfast buffet to become more organized and minimize long queues. Despite this, we hope you can visit us again. All the best and stay safe!

Reviewed July 9, 2022

Manila Hotel is still Manila Hotel. It is old, it is frayed in a lot of areas, and hallway carpets are the worst. Elevators are showing their ages. No keycard is needed to access any floor. And the heavy wood and nacre furnishings screamed the 90s. The bed was hard and the pillows were unremarkable.

Surprisingly, our bathroom on the 17th floor aged very, very nicely, or rather was recently relined with a sealant which made it look nice. The room carpet also looked new.

Still, Manila Hotel is Manila Hotel. But I hope it will undergo renovation so that it will reclaim its former glory and be icon that it should be. How I wish I could give a 5 star....

Date of stay: April 2022
The Manila Hotel Team, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2022

Dear Valued Guest,
Mabuhay! We appreciate the time you have shared with us in posting your rating from your most recent visit to the Hotel. We take all guest feedback very seriously and we would like to inform you that all your comments are duly noted and reviewed to further improve our product and services.
We truly appreciate your support and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Hope you can come to visit us again soon. Take care!

Reviewed June 30, 2022 via mobile

The main building badly needs an upgrade. I have stayed in this hotel and one of my favorites. However, we were housed in a room ( 452 ) and the room had a very strong repulsive stench coming from an outdated carpet. I spoke to Mr. Obediente and showed him the problem. We were moved to a much better room ( 409 on the new bldg ) and very pleased. The Manila Hotel staff are WONDERFUL people. Mangement just needs to upgrade the carpet to laminated wood which is a better material. I informed Mr. Obediente that my negative comments is NOT personal but purely business. He concured.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2022 via mobile

Pros: the view from the room; the food is okay, with Red Jade > Cafe Ilang-Ilang; was able to sleep better

Cons: Wi-fi issues (had to resort to use own data usage); staff all around the hotel was inattentive (service is less than satisfactory)

The experience has made me have second thoughts on whether I am going to avail of the Prestige membership ever again.

Room tip: Parking is good there...
Date of stay: June 2022