Lowest prices for your stay
US$131
TravelocityUS$131
Orbitz.comUS$131
CheapTicketsUS$131
1,934 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Me and my family flew to Manila for a few days to attend the wedding of my sister-in-law. When she told us that they will be checking in at the Manila Hotel, I was so excited because for us Manila Hotel is "THE" hotel to be in Manila! We've been to 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in both familiar and exotic places across the globe, so we have really set our expectations high with Manila Hotel. And because of that, we end up disappointed. Below are the reasons:

First: Valet parking is paid even for a checked in guest. First time experience in a 5-star property.

Second: When I was checking in, I was advised that the buffet breakfast is free for children 7 years old and below. But when we were having breakfast, was advised it is 4 years old and below. It is definitely fine to pay because it is 50% off anyway. But the fact that the staff gave a wrong information, it is not a 5-star quality.

Third: The coffee takes forever to refill! In Ilang-Ilang, we need to follow up at least two times just to refill my coffee. In the pool bar, I ordered coffee and it took 40 minutes for my coffee to arrive!

Fourth: I opted for a twin bed room. And to my surprise, the bed is really a "single" bed! I'm not sure if it is a policy in Philippine hotels but all the hotels that we book, I always opt for a twin bed. I can compare because the last hotel that we were in is also a twin bed room, but the bed size is double. Again, this is subjective, but then again, Manila Hotel is a 5-star hotel.

Fifth: I looked out for the housekeeping on the floor to ask for two extra toothbrushes because the two sets have been used by my two daughters. The housekeeping gave me only one but I said I need two and he said the other one will be provided when I clean the room. I said the other two have been used by my daughters, and me anomy wife need to brush, what do you want me to do? Then he gave me another one. For a five star hotel, does it really matter to provide an extra toothbrush?

Sixth: On the 17th floor, there’s a door which says “EXIT” but it leads to nowhere. We were staying on the 16th floor, but my wife and 6-year old daughter went to her sister’s room on the 17th and while going down, my wife opted for the stairs (because it’s just one floor). So like any other person, she took the door with the “EXIT” sign and found out that there’s no stairs going down to 16th but when she tried to open the door it can’t be opened from her side! She was locked there for at least 30 minutes! Good thing one staff was passing by and he assisted her! Why is there an “EXIT” sign if that’s not an exit? And where is the CCTV or a better question, where is the person monitoring the CCTV? Again, it is a five star property.

Seventh: In Ilang-Ilang, the juices are not fresh. Nobody is available in the eggs section, there are sunny side and omelet available there but don’t know what’s in the omelet. You may say this is subjective, but then again, it is a five-star property!
Eight: I know this more of the Philippine Government, but when I walked around the pool area, just below the viewing deck, the sea is full of garbage! It is embarrassing to note that a five star hotel can’t even do something in its immediate environment. Tip, in Maldives, all hotels are self-sufficient and autonomous. They protect and clean the environment within their area! You are a five-star property and with the rates you charge, you can’t really say that you don’t have the means to do it!

On a positive note, I commend Arvin of Ilang-Ilang. When he saw that we have been desperately following up for the coffee, he apologized and kept on coming to us. And he is the only person who is smiling and actually talking to guests. It’s not that we want to feel important, but the thought that I am in a five-star hotel, probably the most expensive in Manila if not in Metro Manila, we are expecting five-star hospitality!

Room tip: Luneta Park view is better than Manila Bay view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Gerhard D, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country’s flagship hotel!

We at The Manila Hotel value your stay with us. It is our great honor to be of service to you and your needs.

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind evaluation of our facilities and have shared them with the rest of our team. We are doing preventive maintenance every now and then to ensure utmost quality service for our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Again, thank you for sharing us your feedback which allow us to further improve our service. We appreciate you who continue supporting the Grande Dame through the years.

We hope to welcome you again in our storied halls.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I have always stayed at The Manila Hotel in all the years that I have visited the Philippines; both for business and vacations. From the moment you arrive, you are treated by friendly employees of this grand hotel and it continues until you step into your taxi to head for home. The complimentary breakfast buffet is such a wonderful treat to start the day and the dinner buffet is unmatched. My request for a hight floor and a view of the bay has always been accommodated!

Room tip: Request a higher floor with the view of the bay
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Gerhard D, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Good day!

We have received the feedback you provided as a result of your experience with our Hotel. We value your opinion on how to make your next experience with us more memorable. Comments and suggestions like yours allow us to improve our service. We appreciate that you have supported the Grand Dame through the years.

We hope to welcome you again on our storied halls.

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

One of the best hotels in Manila. The Manila Hotel is a mixture of old/classic and urban/modern vibe. I organized my event at the Hotel with 850 attendees and it lived up to my expectation. I recommend holding a business event there.

Meanwhile, after the event, I got a upgrade to one of their suites. The guest rooms are good; and I can sense the old Manila style with a view of Spanish colonial part of the City. Breakfast buffet is good, while its gym and sauna is suitable. The housekeeping service is efficient as well. Meanwhile, front services needs improvements in their services as it takes quite sometime to check in and to check-out.

Over-all, I always feel great when i go to Manila Hotel.

Room tip: ask the upper floors to have either a good view of the Manila Bay or the Old Manila
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Gerhard D, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country’s flagship hotel!

Congratulations on your success! We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome and assist you on your future events. We appreciate that you have supported the Grand Dame through the years.

We hope to welcome you again in our storied halls.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Cool and cozy . Nice bar with a lovely singer. This hotel gives me the nostalgic feeling of the past. I recomend guest to stay here, if they want to feel the old charisma of the past. Sad for me i have to go back home . But il definitely go bck here and enjoy .

Room tip: Try the tap bar at night. It has a lovely singer and relaxing place to drink and chat with friends .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country’s flagship hotel!

Thank you for sharing us your good review. We value your opinion on how to make your next experience with us more memorable. Comments and suggestions like yours allow us to improve our service. We also appreciate guests like you who continue to support the Grande Dame through the years.

We hope to welcome you again on our storied halls.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

What an amazing hotel this was. If you ever in manila I strongly urge you to pay a little bit extra and stay here.  The staff, the rooms, the food was fantastic.  Everything was fantastic and would highly recommend this place. They exceeded my expectation and would  definitely stay here again

Trip type: Traveled with friends