5,488 results
All reviews spiral restaurant le bar club millesime luxury room sunset bar sports bar pool area club room the executive lounge free shuttle dinner buffet five star hotel bay view late check checking in accor magnifique
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Not a good hotel to say in. This is sad because I used to love eating here, and I totally love their salon (Philippe Tordjman)

I'm not a newbie with hotels. I exclusively stay in hotels in all my trips, and being a PWD, I am fond of staycations as it is the only place where I can relax & focus on my daughter as I am assured there will be a lot of assistance if needed.

But this is not about me about being a PWD. I believe my feedback is valid whether or not one has a disability.

First, the rooms are old & the furniture chipped and rickety. I could not even adjust the height of the office chair so I couldn’t work properly.

I was also one of the lucky ones who got double beds. Apparently, their twin rooms are usually single beds (like the ones in college dormitories)

There is no bidet, no hot water in the bathroom faucet, and the bathroom is very small.

The room is dreary, the walls in the veranda obviously needs repainting, the plants not maintained and are gathering quite a bit of dust. Definitely not for the asthmatic.

Sofitel is supposed to be known for its buffet & swimming pools. I don’t do buffets, & when we stayed here, there was a thunderstorm so swimming was cut short. And i realized that without these, this hotel was basically nothing to us.

We tried hanging out in the lobby but it proved to be dark, dull, and depressing.

By 5pm my daughter started crying & begging to come home.

Our two requests (extra towels and coffee creamer) both arrived an hour later.

The next day, around 8am, I called the operator to make up the room. The bathrooms were still very wet from yesterday's swimming, I needed the table of the previous night's room service removed, and to replace the wet towels. (We were about to go out to swim, and I don't want my kid to slip on a wet floor & see left over food lying around when we get back.)

The person who answered the phone said that Sofitel does not offer additional housekeeping for overnight guests. They only make up the room after we checkout. My request was finally heeded. It was just sad that I had to raise my voice in order for it to be done.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the parking area. If you're getting twin beds, ensure that they are double beds and not single beds.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank ChetteS1
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Chette S,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is with regret knowing that you especially your daughter weren’t able to enjoy the hotel during your recent stay as we have fallen short of your expectations. We do acknowledge the points you have mentioned and please be assured that necessary actions shall be taken to address it immediately.

We are hopeful to welcome you back again to have the chance to make it up to your mother-daughter quality time.

Please let me know how I can assist you from hereon.

Sincerely ,

Michelle Serania

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

My family stayed overnight in this hotel recently and from checked in to checked out it was very relaxing. Staff everywhere were friendly and always there to assist. Room was clean and spacious with a breath taking view of the bay. Wifi and parking is free. What keeps Sofitel differ from other hotels is that they know how to value their guests. To name a few of them, Nikka and Mariel brought us a especially made choco chips and flower when they knew that we are celebrating an occasion. One of their Butler Robert even gave us a courtesy visit while we are having our breakfast. Its was really a short stay but worth remembering.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank maromevans1228
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear maromevans1228,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Fabulous! It is such a delight to know that we were able to meet, if not exceed, your expectations for the duration of your stay here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. We are, indeed, strategically located near the bay to give our guests the most majestic view of the the Manila Bay sunset.

Your kind words to Nikka, Mariel and Butler Robert for the genuine and warm hospitality shown to you will certainly be shared with them and the rest of the team to keep everyone continue the service that the Sofitel brand is known for.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back and create more magnifique memories with you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Still the best hotel I ever stayed! The moment you entered the lobby you will be greeted by friendly staff in Filipiana costume and assist you going to the reception for check-in. Its just an overnight stay but I had the smoothest check-in experienced. Valerie and Hamchel at the front desk were so helpful and polite and even upgraded me to a room facing the bay with sunset view. Sofitel is a French inspired hotel combined with Filipino culture. Room was clean and comfy. Spiral buffet is still the best. The guy with taho (street food) was energetic. I was overwhelmed by an unexpected call from Ms. Karez of guest service just to checked how my stay was. She even offered assistance if I needed one. Definitely me and my family will come back for another magnifique stay!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Romeo E,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent visit here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. Our commitment is to It is truly flattering to know that we were able to meet, if not exceed, all of your expectations.

I am glad that the impeccable service of our ambassadors, especially Karez, Valerie and Hamchel, was up to your expectations. This will certainly be shared with them to keep them motivated in continuing the service that the Sofitel brand is known for.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back and be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel of 690 rooms is very nice. Huge buffet (expensive). Nice swimming area, staff very friendly and helpful. Good location, can reach most places in a reasonable time frame, within walking distance of a few other restaurants, 7-11 etc. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Nathan B,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Awesome! We are delighted to know that you had a great time here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. The Spiral buffet, with its 21 dining atelier, truly satisfy each guests craving.

We are excited to welcome you back and be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Sofitel is a nice hotel in Manila but with some down sides for the category it is playing in. Facilities are good, family oriented for the pool with a view on the bay. I stayed there for a long transit in Manila and had mixed feelings. I was upgraded to a superior room, and the room was OK. That said work was going on until late afternoon/ early evening. Service is of good uality. However, the location is not that central and I order a cab for going to airport: because of mark-up by the hotel, the fare was almost twice as much as that coming from airport; manageable but nt plesant. There is a mini food center walking distance from the hotel. Overall would recommend it for family stay, not for business type.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear Philippe016,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are delighted to receive wonderful comments from valued guests like you. It is our commitment to only provide you the finest products and services. Also, it is flattering that we were able to meet your expectations with all the aspect of your stay.

Your wonderful words of appreciation will surely be shared with the whole Sofitel team to keep inspired in continuing the impeccable service that we are known for.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.