“One of the best”

Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The chicken with scallion remains a favorite. Their salted fish fried rice is a must. And don't forget their ice shave. Yunmy.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

We visited Lugang Cafe branch in Robinsons Place Manila we were lucky enough to find it not sooo busy and crowded and finally we were able to try their food I believe it was newly opened branch so the place was well decorated and has a fine dining feel. They have a wide variety of food and drinks selections on the menu, and I thought we ordered so much of food for 4 people! Their food is so delicious i must say not short of any ingredient, served freshly cooked, serving portions could also be enough for 2-3 persons. Reasonably priced; I guess 2 person could have fried rice and a dish for 500-700php without drinks (they give service water any way)
Service can still be improved because we dined at about 3-4pm and very few tables were occupied for snacks yet waiters were slow or should I say not so paying attention to few customers inside. Overall it's a very good restaurant and a must try!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Lugang Cafe at Robinsons Place Manila has always had a long queue during meal times since it opened a couple of months ago, attesting to the quality and taste of their food. Yesterday, finally, we got ourselves on the queue for an early dinner and were not disappointed.

The food was amazing! It was even better than food in Taiwan! All the dishes but one exceeded our expectations, in terms of the taste and texture and flavor. No wonder people are willing to queue for an hour to eat here. Despite the volume of diners, the kitchen was able to churn out delicious food that was nicely cooked and seasoned. We particularly loved the spicy garlic fish fillet in hotpot because it had a depth of flavor not found in fish fillet dishes from other restaurants.

The service left a little to be desired but it is understandable given the jampacked restaurant. Maybe they should bring in more people during peak hours.

We cannot wait to go back and try the other dishes!

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Every body says not bad.
Also noodle was good
I like dimsum at this restaurant also.
staff was nice and good service too

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife had dinner last Friday night at Lugang Cafe in it's new branch in Robinson's Place Manila. The place is jam pack because it's a popular Taiwanese Restaurant here in the Philippines with a lot of branches across the Metro and it just open yesterday and the fact that it is comparable to Taiwan's very own Din Tai Fung, they also serve everyone's favorite dimsum the Xiao Long Bao. I think they got here in the Philippines first before Din Tai Fung.

Let me start with what I think about the interior of their Restaurant. It's very modern with mirrors and the single table for couples is quite spacious the chairs are very comfortable to sit in, it's very soft, I hope they can maintain the furnitures in the long run.

We didn't wait long for our table after we register, we only had to wait for 5 minutes then the receptionist already called our name, we got a little dissapointed when no one escorted us on our table and no one gave us the menu, after a few minutes of waiting I can't stand it anymore and have to call one of the waitress who is holding a menu to ask for it, she gave the menu and didn't bother to give us another one (seriously we are a couple who sit's in front of each other and only have one menu) I didn't bother to ask for another one because we are so hungry already. I think they have a separate Menu for beverages but no one gave us anything as well. We had a hard time choosing our order because of having only one menu, my wife and I had to get the menu on each other's hand from time to time so we can see what each other's want. We succesfully agree on our order and ask for the waitress to get our order. we ordered Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao, Stir-fried Beef with Mango, Spicy Beef and Tendon Noodles Soup and the Fried Rice with Taiwanese Sausage.
The waitress told us to wait for 15 to 20minutes for our order and after 10minutes our
Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao arrives, I like the Xioa Long Bao, I can see the soup inside the dimsum and when I had my first bite it's typically one of the best I had since tasting the same at Din Tai Fung, 5 ⭐️ for their Xiao Long Bao.

The 2nd that arrived is the Spicy Beef and Tendon Noodles Soup, the noodles is quite different from the one I had at Din Tai Fung the noodles is flat comparable to a Tagliatelle Pasta or Flat Noodles we asked to make it a bit less spicy because we don't know how spicy it can be, when it arrived we even have to request for two bowls because they didn't give us anything "seriously? do you expects us to eat in a big bowl of hot noodles. Can you at least give us two bowl please". FYI, I didn't say that, that is what I would have said during that time, it's just in my head..
Back to my review, the soup is a combination of Spicy and Sour which I really like, the noodles is al dente and the beef is very tender 5 ⭐ for the hot noodles soup.

3rd dish they served to us is the Stir-Fry beef w/ mango, the beef is very tender and the sweet taste of the mango compliments the overall taste of the dish another 5 ⭐

Our 4th dish is the Fried Rice with Taiwanese Sausage, i like the awesome taste of their fried rice especially the sausage, pure perfection another 5 ⭐for me.

Overall the dish we ordered are all perfect in taste, there are still so many dish I have to taste maybe nxt tym when we come back. The foods are great but the service needs to improve a lot.