“could be refreshing”

White Knight Hotel Intramuros
Ranked #90 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Booked a deluxe room on 3rd floor. It's the middle of May, still summer and freaking hot. No elevator, no AC on the 3rd floor lobby, poor AC in our room (AC is automatic and acts-on-its-own-desired-temp kind) so our whole stay was sweat themed. No electric fans available.
Other than that, the staff were courteous. Offered to put us in another room when I called at 4AM complaining of the heat. Sheets were OK but a bit dusty, weren't hypo-allergenic. Low water pressure in the morning. CABLE SUCKS! WiFi average speed.

Room Tip: try not to get a budget hotel, that's all
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen B
Luz S, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Wkhi is currently upgrading the air conditioners in all the guest rooms to the inverter type. There are 3 rooms left that will have newly installed inverter type air conditioners before the end of this week.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

On the 30th of April 2016, we traveled to Manila for a pre-wedding photo shoot. The first hotel (which shall not be named) where we stayed in before WKHI was okay. The problem started when we checked in to WKHI on 1st of May 2016 as a family.

Firstly, we were put in 4 different rooms, and different floors, although we booked as a family. 2 rooms on the 3rd floor, a room on the 2nd floor, and a room on the 1st floor. But, that was okay.

Secondly, there were no elevators. That was my first time checking in a hotel that does not provide elevators, not even one. But, that was okay, because the staffs were very kind to help us carry our very heavy bags (we brought wedding gowns and suits for the photo shoot) to 2nd and 3rd floors.

Thirdly, the air-conditioner in room 306, where my daughter and 2 nieces slept, was terrible. It does not work as good as other room's air-conditioner. Also, in the same room, the water pressure is very low for shower. But, that was okay.

Fourth, the air-conditioner in room 102, where my 2 daughters and I should sleep, broke down. Not mentioning the bad Wi-Fi. It was very nice that we changed to a different room, which is room 104, until all the real problems started.

ONE. I went back to the my room after a busy day, just to be told that the make-up artists had meals in the restaurant there, and charged the bill to my room, 104. The question is, HOW CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT EAT? How can you agree to charge their bill to my room? Without me knowing it? I had to pay for SOMEONE ELSE'S FOOD. They did not tell me, or anyone else in my family, or even the tourist guide. But, YOUR STAFF should have not charged the bill to me since I DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING. and they (make-up artists) were not even staying in WKHI. What if one day, I come to your hotel, and have my lunch there, and then just ask for the bill to be charged to any rooms. Would you? You would not, because I am a stranger who is just visiting your hotel and have my lunch there. What makes you think that you can just charge the MUA's bill to my room? Because I hired them? But, still, they are just visitors. I paid more than 1000PHP for that.

TWO. Upon checking out at 5.30 a.m., the staff who checked room 104 said that the umbrella and 2 bathrobes were missing. I admit that we forgot the umbrella in a park while taking photos, but, bathrobes?! WHAT BATHROBES? I took the umbrella from the closet, and saw nothing else. We did not use the bathrobes, we did not take the bathrobes, we did not burn the bathrobes, we did not sell the bathrobes. I understand that anything lost will be charged to me. That is why I paid sincerely for the umbrella, but not the bathrobes. How can I steal it when I did not even see it? YOU CHARGED ME FOR 2 BATHROBES. The tourist guide asked the receptionist to check our bags for proof, but the receptionist did not want to. I should have read feedbacks about WKHI before booking, lesson learned. I read about things missing, and stuffs. We did not lost anything, but you indirectly ROBBED me, man. If you think that I should have reported that I didn't have the 2 bathrobes in the first place, tell me how can I know I should have 2 bathrobes when you don't even give me the list of things I should have in the room? The receptionist said that a room will be checked twice, after a checking out, and before checking in, by the SUPERVISOR, to ensure that all things are complete. And he said that before we entered the room, all things were complete, checked by the supervisor. Guess who checked our rooms after we checked out, NOT YOUR SUPERVISOR. Very magical place, before we entered the room, the bathrobes were there, and then suddenly it vanished. More magical than fairy tale. I just paid it because we were already late to the airport. I can't charge you for our flight tickets, right? Since two of us had not checked out, our tourist guide did not pay the money, to wait for our 2 members. The receptionist and a staff chased us by a motorcycle and said, "There were no people in room 205", UM YEAH because they key is at their place, who is fool enough to give their key to the reception while they are still in the room? He got the wrong room, WOW VERY GOOD MANAGEMENT. Our tourist guide wanted to see your manager, but he seems to be unavailable. Hmm.

That is all I guess. I didn't pay you for the 2 bathrobes because I didn't owe you anything. YOU OWE ME MY MONEY. I will never come back to your hotel, even though it is free. I wish you and your 'polite' receptionist all the best.

Regards from Malaysia.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank PhilNV_T
Luz S, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2016

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We have investigated the situation about your unauthorized f&b charge by the make up artist. Wkhi will refund this charge. Please send us your details via whiteknighthotel@gmail.com.

Reviewed April 15, 2016

My fiance and I had an overnight stay at White Knight Hotel Intramuros. We booked the hotel as a preparation site for our prenup pictorial since it is just walking distance from our first location (i.e., Casa Manila Patio). We chose a standard room, the cheapest and smallest room (i think) but to our surprise, the room is spacious enough to accommodate 4 to 5 visitors. The interior is great, the room, closet, and toilet are clean, there's a fridge and a cable TV (both working), but we were disappointed with their free wifi connection as we had a hard time connecting to the internet. Since we did not book a room with breakfast, we had to order food outside and we are glad that the hotel allows food deliveries (I think, a maximum worth of Php1,000) without a corkage. Over all, we are satisfied with our stay at WKHI.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2016

Quietest hotel we've ever had in Manila. No roosters, no karaoke, no traffic noise. Only sound in our 3rd floor room was the live music below each night. Live music was very good, very talented musicians, and it was always done by 9 pm.

Rooms are historic, so they have some aspects that look old, but this is the old city. Bathroom was newly updated, beds were comfortable, AC works. We wanted to go to mass at St. Agostin, it's only 1/2 block away.

Restaurant was decent. Didn't have anything bad. As often happens, the menu is extensive but then many of the things you try to order are unavailable. Still managed to get good food every time. Waitstaff can be a bit unattentive by American standards, but that's how it is in The Philippines-- you have to signal to let them know you want to order, as well as to get your check, as long as you know this, you won't get frustrated.

Halls/stairs can be hot and steamy.

Wifi was intermittent and sometimes slow.

Overall we loved it, very comfortable and convenient, kind of wish we had skipped the other hotels we used.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Luz S, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Thank you so much for your inspiring comments. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at WKHI. WKHI will take note of your comment on the waiter service as WKHI managements always want to improve its service to everyone.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

I stayed here only one night before transferring to the Bayleaf Hotel nearby. Had I known how nice this little hotel was I might have stayed longer but I had already made reservations for both hotels before coming to town.

I enjoyed my stay at White Knight. I arrived at midnight and the staff turned out and even opened their small restaurant. Very pleasant staff and the hotel, while old has a quaint charm and is kept very clean. I ate in the restaurant and found it good.

There is no elevator but the staff will carry your baggage up to your room. Don't go if you can't climb stairs.

I will stay there again sometime.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Luz S, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2016

Thank you for your effort to send your comments. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay & the food at WKHI.