“Captures Asian flavor well”

Makan Makan Asian Food Village
Ranked #51 of 1,070 Restaurants in Manila
Price range: US$4 - US$115
Cuisines: Asian, Filipino, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With more than 150 dishes to choose from, Makan Makan is more than a restaurant - it's a veritable pan-Asian village where the culinary delights of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan and the Philippines abound. Laksa, Roti Prata, Dimsum, Deep Fried Coffee Spareribs, Chili Crab, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Thai Green Curry Chicken, These are just some of the quintessential Asian favorites prepared fresh everyday by our chefs. Makan lah! Let's eat!
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

After a very unpleasant experience with the next door bar (see my review on White Moon Bar for reference), we were invited by the management team so that the could make it up for us, and this time we chose to eat at Makan.

They were apologetic for what happened and also thankful that we brought the matter to their attention, they took it as an opportunity to improve their services. I wish them all the best!

So here goes the food. I'm a fan of Asian food, but unfortunately had to follow limitations that night (currently pregnant and being extra cautious not to have a gastritis attack, plus husband just had stomach flu) so we had to pick safe choices. We had the crab and corn soup, chicken satay, siomai, makan fried chicken, sambal squid (recommended by our server) and oreo cheesecake. Thumbs up for everything!

Siomai serving only had 4 pieces but it was worth it. Very tasty, had plenty of meat. One bite of the satay instantly reminded me of the hawkers place near Raffles in Singapore. The crab and corn soup tasted very fresh and light. Fried chicken was moist enough and the skin was crispy. Sambal squid was ok, but I think it could've tasted better if we didnt request it NOT spicy. The oreo cheesecake didnt taste like oreos BUT it's one of the best cheesecakes I've tasted (and I make cheesecakes).

Service was good. Not sure if they were attentive because we were VIPs that night or it's really their standard of service. CRs were terrible though.

Thanks again Ms Luisa for inviting us. We didnt mention but it was my birthday that night and you guys helped make it special.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I went this restaurant during my stay at the Hotel H2O.
The price is reasonable and you can eat various Asian food, not limited to Filipino Food.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I was itching to try their laksa but I was not able to. My daughter opted to eat her favorite sinigang which was good. It feels like home cooked. My husband liked their lechon kawali. Yang chow serving was generous as well. What makes it cozy is that we were there almost sunset. If its just near out place I would keep on coming back. On second thought I will come back. I've still to try their laksa.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

conveniently located right in the middle of the park's attractions. better to go there at night when the park crowds have gone home.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I guess you have little if no choice at all for breakfast if you're staying in hotel h20. I'm sure it could still be improved.. staff were really helpful though..