“they've added more sections”
Review of Museo Pambata

Museo Pambata
Ranked #44 of 142 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This children's museum has lots of interactive exhibits.
Reviewed December 14, 2016

I went when i was still single. I revisited the place with my 2 year old daughter. While she still does not appreciate all the features of the museum, she was able to play a bit and tried some of the local instruments, browsed through books, etc.

They have added new sections - the herb garden, the paddy field area, the library, etc. I just hope they can continue to maintain the place as it is a very good museum for children.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

We had the chance to visit the Museo Pambata years ago but then we had only a few hours available to spend there and along with other kids, we did not manage to maximize the interactive areas. This time for our kids' Sembreak, we decided to go back and it was a Thursday, so we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We get to be with all our kids and surely our youngest enjoyed the most! They had a taste of Old Manila and history at the ground floor, there was a Tranvia, Binondo church model where you can go in, Bahay na bato. Under the sea experience and farming life. The museum caters to many aspects such as science and careers, and importantly awareness for the environment.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

We took my son to the museum to change the scene for him. A three year old will get tired of the same parks and malls after a few days of seeing the same thing over and over. He enjoyed it as we all enjoyed it. The museum felt old and run down, smelled old and I feel that many of the attractions were dated. We were charged entry fee and the museum had many visitors when we were waling around.
My son still enjoyed it immensely. Its in a great location as well.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

Back in school year 2012-2013, I was asked to join the group of parent volunteers to help accompany my daughter's class of grade 2s. Our itinerary was Manila Ocean Park in the morning then Museo Pambata in the afternoon.

Both places were suitable for grade 2 pupils which were aged 6-8 year old. The only problem was the facilitator which was hired by our school.

Weeks before the said field trip, all parent volunteers and students participating were given a seminar. According to Lakbay, they are well equipped to handle even kids as young as the grade 2s. They also said that they have a van for first aid, which we were all happy to learn.

The head of the facilitators was assigned to our bus, which made us mommies more confident that everything will be fine. On the day of the field trip, each parent has been assigned 2-3 kids to monitor. One of the kid I was assigned to had stomach ache since she got in the bus. I asked the leader of the facilitator Lakbay if we can at least give the kid a hot compress (I believed they have in the medical van). She kept on diverting the topic, saying that she is an expert mountaineer, she always brings with her the balm which she put on the kid's tummy. After our first stop (in Manila ocean park), the pain still was not relieved. I asked again the head facilitator if we could let the kid have hot compress for her tummy. Again, it was diverted to the balm. Our next stop was lunch in mcdonalds. The kid couldn't come out of the bus due to excruciating pain. The driver of the bus (which was hired by the facilitator) got mad at us when all the other kids already alighted the bus and we were the only people left. We had to carry the kid out of the bus going to mcdonalds. Also it was drizzling during that time, that we were not able to use umbrella since we didn't have free hands to hold it. What's worst, the facilitator asked hot water in a plastic cup from mcdonalds which she instructed me to put on the tummy of the kid. How unsafe was that!!! The kid could have burned herself. Turn out, the facilitator who was bragging of their van for first aid, did not bring any hot compress. I believe hot compress should be part of it.

I hope schools will not trust facilitator Lakbay ever again. I also heard from some parents that older kids were intentionally bumped by some workers during field trips. Yet the facilitators never cared.

What I observed during field trip, the facilitators just join then mingle together with their co-facilitators, then, never even bother to assist the kids.

Reviewed March 21, 2016

I highly recommend parents visiting this museum with their kids. It’s informative, interactive and entertaining."