“Field trip facilitator : The World of Outbound Corp. (formerly Lakbay)”
Review of Museo Pambata

Museo Pambata
Ranked #45 of 133 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This children's museum has lots of interactive exhibits.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Field trip facilitator : The World of Outbound Corp. (formerly Lakbay)”
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Back in school year 2012-2013, I was asked to join the group of parent volunteers to help accompany my daughter's class of grade 2s. Our itinerary was Manila Ocean Park in the morning then Museo Pambata in the afternoon.

Both places were suitable for grade 2 pupils which were aged 6-8 year old. The only problem was the facilitator which was hired by our school.

Weeks before the said field trip, all parent volunteers and students participating were given a seminar. According to Lakbay, they are well equipped to handle even kids as young as the grade 2s. They also said that they have a van for first aid, which we were all happy to learn.

The head of the facilitators was assigned to our bus, which made us mommies more confident that everything will be fine. On the day of the field trip, each parent has been assigned 2-3 kids to monitor. One of the kid I was assigned to had stomach ache since she got in the bus. I asked the leader of the facilitator Lakbay if we can at least give the kid a hot compress (I believed they have in the medical van). She kept on diverting the topic, saying that she is an expert mountaineer, she always brings with her the balm which she put on the kid's tummy. After our first stop (in Manila ocean park), the pain still was not relieved. I asked again the head facilitator if we could let the kid have hot compress for her tummy. Again, it was diverted to the balm. Our next stop was lunch in mcdonalds. The kid couldn't come out of the bus due to excruciating pain. The driver of the bus (which was hired by the facilitator) got mad at us when all the other kids already alighted the bus and we were the only people left. We had to carry the kid out of the bus going to mcdonalds. Also it was drizzling during that time, that we were not able to use umbrella since we didn't have free hands to hold it. What's worst, the facilitator asked hot water in a plastic cup from mcdonalds which she instructed me to put on the tummy of the kid. How unsafe was that!!! The kid could have burned herself. Turn out, the facilitator who was bragging of their van for first aid, did not bring any hot compress. I believe hot compress should be part of it.

I hope schools will not trust facilitator Lakbay ever again. I also heard from some parents that older kids were intentionally bumped by some workers during field trips. Yet the facilitators never cared.

What I observed during field trip, the facilitators just join then mingle together with their co-facilitators, then, never even bother to assist the kids.

Visited February 2016

• Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good for the brain”
Reviewed March 21, 2016

I highly recommend parents visiting this museum with their kids. It’s informative, interactive and entertaining."

Visited April 2015
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“children's world”
Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

You are never too young or old to have fun! I went to Museo Pambata, literally translates as Museum for kids, with several children. It was so fun seeing them enjoy and laughed all day. The museum was improved since I went there when I was little. The section of roleplaying was still there. I was playing there! The replica churches were also there. I reminisced my childhood.

Visited July 2015
Pasay, Philippines
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Joy for the Children”
Reviewed January 1, 2016

Accessible by public transport getting to Museu Pambata is not difficult. Nice, educational, and interactive exhibits would definitely make children stay longer and have fun. Entrance fee is minimal and food and drinks are available. Additional info is the Museu also caters to event celebrations like birthday party for the kids. You can choose from the variety of packages offer. It has also store where you can buy souvenir items. It's worth a visit for kids and olds alike.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank mafel973
Metro Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“I felt like a kid again”
Reviewed October 16, 2015

If you're looking for a place to take your kids for some bonding time, this is the perfect place for you! Learning while having fun! :) Went here with my hubby, sister-in-law and two nieces.

Staff - the girls at the entrance booth who accommodated us were all smiley, they were approachable and they interacted with the kids and answered our queries with enthusiasm.

Place - the area looks like an old building but it was clean and well-maintained, except for the playground area (maybe because it rained so it was a bit muddy). there are different stations to visit, there's the Kalikasan exhibit where you could see different fish costumes, plants, insects and trees. Old Manila where kids could learn more about the city in the past generations. Trip to Planet Earth about our planet (obviously) and how we could save it. My favorites were Body Works (kids could learn about parts of the body) and Pamilihang Bayan (a little market for kids). There was also a mini garden and a library where it's free to read kiddie books with Filipino authors at your heart's content!

Price - our entrance fee back then was P150.00 (with 50% discount because we lived at Manila) but I think the entrance fee now is P250.00. but it's still worth it.

Food - I think bringing of food is not allowed. we ate at a fastfood chain outside. you can go back in as long as you have your ticket stamped for that day.

It was a wonderful trip, kids and kids at heart will definitely enjoy as we did! :)

Visited September 2015