“A Joy for the Children”

Ranked #43 of 138 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This children's museum has lots of interactive exhibits.
Pasay, Philippines
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Joy for the Children”
Reviewed January 1, 2016

Accessible by public transport getting to Museu Pambata is not difficult. Nice, educational, and interactive exhibits would definitely make children stay longer and have fun. Entrance fee is minimal and food and drinks are available. Additional info is the Museu also caters to event celebrations like birthday party for the kids. You can choose from the variety of packages offer. It has also store where you can buy souvenir items. It's worth a visit for kids and olds alike.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank mafel973

• Indonesian first
Metro Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“I felt like a kid again”
Reviewed October 16, 2015

If you're looking for a place to take your kids for some bonding time, this is the perfect place for you! Learning while having fun! :) Went here with my hubby, sister-in-law and two nieces.

Staff - the girls at the entrance booth who accommodated us were all smiley, they were approachable and they interacted with the kids and answered our queries with enthusiasm.

Place - the area looks like an old building but it was clean and well-maintained, except for the playground area (maybe because it rained so it was a bit muddy). there are different stations to visit, there's the Kalikasan exhibit where you could see different fish costumes, plants, insects and trees. Old Manila where kids could learn more about the city in the past generations. Trip to Planet Earth about our planet (obviously) and how we could save it. My favorites were Body Works (kids could learn about parts of the body) and Pamilihang Bayan (a little market for kids). There was also a mini garden and a library where it's free to read kiddie books with Filipino authors at your heart's content!

Price - our entrance fee back then was P150.00 (with 50% discount because we lived at Manila) but I think the entrance fee now is P250.00. but it's still worth it.

Food - I think bringing of food is not allowed. we ate at a fastfood chain outside. you can go back in as long as you have your ticket stamped for that day.

It was a wonderful trip, kids and kids at heart will definitely enjoy as we did! :)

Visited September 2015
3 Thank iamemthree
Quezon City, Philippines
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed September 14, 2015

There are a lot of interactive and informative displays that would make kids and kids-at-heart very happy. Some of the displays are bit worn-out but they are still in working condition. The lavatories are clean and well-maintained.

Visited June 2015
2 Thank Dani L
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Museo Pambata at its Finest!”
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Last February I went here for a business proposal for Museo Pambata since they will be having an event on April, my company where I am currently working wanted to participate on the said event of Museo Pambata. So I got a chance once again to roam around the museum. I still remember when I was a kid my mom brought me here for some educational tour. When I was in high school my classmates and I went here almost every quarter. Since we are students from Manila we do not need to pay for entrance fee.We really have a blast playing around the museum. Doing some role playing and even answering different games. Museo Pambata is not just for kids, even adults can have fun here :)

Visited February 2015
2 Thank Anything U
Makati, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“An alternative place to take the kids when you have the time”
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I've always been curious to see this place, so we braved the traffic one morning and head over to Museo Pambata. We stayed for just about 2 hours because the boys needed to nap, but we could have stayed on. We went on a week day so we pretty much had the place to ourselves.
My boys are 3 and 1, so I thought that they may not enjoy this too much, but I was happily mistaken. They enjoyed handling the stuff on display. Their favorite part must have been on the Pamilihang Bayan on the second floor where they pretended to sell fish and vegetables in the market, played inside the bahay kubo and rode the fire truck.
We didn't get to play in the outdoor playground, so we'll probably do that next time. And a next time is definitely in the works for this place.

Visited May 2015