“Highly Recommended - Excellent Service”

Tourist Driver Manila
Ranked #1 of 10 Transportation in Manila
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend Tourist Driver Manila if you are planning a trip to the Philippines.

I needed to book a car and driver before leaving for my travels and was in a bit of a time crunch. They answered all of my questions promptly and in a timely manner. My mind was at ease leaving for my trip, knowing I had my ride arranged and questions answered.

The service offered was awesome. I got a confirmation email the night before to verify the details of the trip. The driver was punctual, friendly and easy to work with. He was very safety-conscious and did whatever he could to make sure our needs were met.

For great value, excellent service and peace of mind, go with Tourist Driver Manila! I can't thank them enough for everything they did to make it an easy travel day for me.

Date of experience: July 2018
"salida"
"company"
"safety"

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I hired from Tourist Driver to take my father and I from Manila-Banaue and back in June 2018. Arnold's daughter Decibel helped me set it up. In the beginning she was responsive and helpful. Our initial driver was friendly and arrived on time to take us.

Unfortunately on the drive up, we were rear-ended in a rural area of Luzon (not to the fault of our driver). We were taken to the local town police station where a series of officers questioned us about our itinerary in the Philippines, where we were headed, etc and even tried to separate us at one point (you know where this is going). Meanwhile, our poor driver was running around making phone calls like crazy. He said at one point Decibel called him, but in general it seemed like he was on his own to fix everything. The entire situation was confusing and especially stressful for my father, who is 65 years old and has a heart condition. Neither Arnold nor Decibel ever reached out to us to see if we were OK or communicate the go-forward plan.

A second driver took us the final leg to Banaue, and then a third driver (apparently Arnold's brother, John) took us back from Banaue to Manila. John seemed extremely annoyed that he had to drive us back and barely spoke to us at all until the end the ride ( quite awkward!). I can understand it was an inconvenience for him, but I paid a lot of money for this service so did not appreciate the poor attitude in return.

All 3 drivers drove aggressively, tailgating and swerving into oncoming traffic to pass slower cars. I understand this kind of driving is common in Manila, but I didn't appreciate it when the last 2 drivers very well knew we had just been in a car accident.

The cars were clean but on the older side, with hard leather bench seats that did not recline. From this perspective, a bus would have been more comfortable (and a better value). We made one stop each way for coffee. I took GRAB cars about a dozen times in Manila, all of which were equal or better vehicles.

What kind of tour operator doesn't reach out to their client after they've had an accident? My best guess is that this family has other business in N Luzon and just does the driving thing on the side to rip off unsuspecting tourists. Take the bus or a legitimate tour group instead.

I'm giving 2 stars because they did complete the transfer that we'd hired for, and our first driver really did do everything he could to make the situation better, for that I am grateful. Although this service was significantly more expensive than other alternatives I had researched, I booked with TouristDriver anyways thinking it would be the best option for safety, comfort and convenience (based on other positive reviews)... too bad it ended up being the worst for all three categories.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank OsoOroBackpacker
TouristDriver, Owner at Tourist Driver Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear OsoOroBackpacker,

We apologize for any inconvenience you & your father encountered during a recent accident on your trip to Banaue which incidentally was not the fault of our driver as you mentioned in your review. This was a rear end collision.

*In your last email to us, you requested...

*****you have some service insurance coverage and will consider a refund as a make-good for the troubles. I can receive this via my main paypal account*****

I wonder if this review will exist if we did pay you?

Unfortunately we did complete the trip you paid for which was slightly delayed. We provided an alternative driver and car at short notice completing our contractual obligations. I don’t know anywhere where compensation is paid for inconvenience. The insurance company here in Philippines will repair the vehicle and does not pay compensation “for inconvenience” as would any good travel insurance policy.

Regarding your other comment here on this review...

*****Hard leather bench seats that did not reclined*****

This is incorrect. I am not so sure why the lies here. Both Toyota Innova & Mitsubishi Adventure has reclining seats. I suggest you check the vehicle specifications.

*****this service was significantly more expensive than other alternatives I had researched*****

I assume you chose our company because of the great reviews and competitive pricing. The standard price for the one-way transfer from Manila to Banaue is 13,000 pesos inclusions of fuel & toll fees. You requested for a transfer from Manila to Banaue & a return trip after a couple of days. I CHARGED YOU 9,750 PESOS ONLY per way!

*****John seemed extremely annoyed that he had to drive us back and barely spoke to us at all until the end the ride*****

John is a sweet man but doesn’t really converse much. He was the only driver available at short notice due to the unfortunate accident so that you could complete your journey.

*****What kind of tour operator doesn't reach out to their client after they've had an accident*****

As soon as we heard from our driver about the incidents and knowing everyone is safe, we were scrambling to find an alternative vehicle from the area of the incidents (300 kms away from Manila) to complete the journey as soon as possible. Ding represents us & I did ask him to bring you to hospital for checkup & extend our service (which is not part of our deal) such as assisting you in arranging tour activities in Banaue. Our driver even helps you to change hotel since you dislike the one you have booked.

As you can see from the many glowing reviews on tripadvisor we do get it right most of the time. I wonder what will be the review if we did pay you?

We will review our systems and processes to see if there is any way we could have handled this situation better despite the accident being no fault of our driver or company. It is from this feedback that we can improve our service to our customers & avoid the ones like you.

Arnold Sanchez

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We were a family of 5 adults and 3 children travelling various places throughout Manila and surroundings over the Easter period.
From the efficient booking and overall communication to the nice,clean van and courteous drivers. We couldn't have asked for a better service. Thanks so much to Decibel, Arnold and Bernie. Highly Recommended!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank 88beep88
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We booked our trip to North Luzon from 24.2.2018. We found the site of Tourist Driver Manila on the net and read very good reviews about the company.Arnold who owns the company and his very pleasant and efficient daughter, Decibel answered all our mails promptly.Our trip was well organized and customized to our requests. Our accommodation was good. The best part of the tour was having Bernie as our driver, He speaks excellent English, is totally reliable and punctual, very knowledgeable and was helpful way beyond what his duties demanded. Our local guides ,Darwin in Bataad and Alijandro in Sagada were also great. One needs to be reasonably fit to walk to and on the walls around the rice paddies in Bataad and to the Hanging Coffins in Sagada. You need good walking shoes . There are cheaper ways of touring this area if you book the various parts on your own. davehil@hotmail.com

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Hilary And Davi... Z
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Visited Phili as many of our friends are from there and wanted to see their country. We hired this company before going as they had great reviews and spoke English. We would have used our friends drivers but they didn’t speak English. We are so glad they didn’t because these drivers were absolutely wonderful. We had Bernie almost the entire vacation. He was so knowledgeable, thoughtful, respectful and ALWAYS on time. He spoke great English and I could understand every word he said. We were not that interested in doing all the trips available especially the ones that lasted 2 days or more. Bernie came up with ideas of what me might enjoy doing. We are a little different from most people and really enjoyed going to the jeepney factory that he suggested. We took lots of pictures to show our friends. We probably won’t get back to the Philippines as we always go somewhere new but our Filipino friends will be using this company as many of their children only speak English. Thank you so much Bernie and the other driver for making sure we had a great vacation. We are making a book on our trip and we have enough pictures thanks to the drivers who became our photographers. We love you and will miss you!!!

Date of experience: January 2018