“One day in Manilla”

Ranked #1 of 7 Transportation in Manila
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We used Tourist Driver Manila for a one day tour of Manilla in September (2017). We had a great time. Our driver,Jun picked us up promptly at our hotel (The Belmont) and drove us all around Manila. The car was clean. Jun was very accommodating and very pleasant to be with for a day. All of my inquiries before our departure from LA were handled promptly and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Tourist Driver Manilla and would use them again without hesitation

3  Thank jjmm12

Reviewed October 31, 2017

I came across Tourist Driver Manila when Arnold responded to a query I raised on the Manila forum. He did this without in any way mentioning his own service but I then googled him and found Tourist Driver Manila.

Having read the positive reviews, I contacted him with regard to providing a one day tour to fit in with the timings that our cruise ship was in Manila. Arnold was very helpful and came up with his Taal volcano trek with adapted timings to fit with our ship. We confirmed the tour and paid a deposit.

On the day of the tour I had no problem at all in locating him according to the instructions that he had sent in advance. His vehicle was extremely comfortable and easily accommodated our group of 8. Arnold spoke good English and was very professional at all times. He was incredibly kind to a couple in our party who unfortunately had to return to the ship as the husband became unwell at the start of the journey. As were were tight on timings, Arnold helped them to locate a taxi and paid for it himself to ensure that they were charged the correct fare. Arnold was also flexible in responding to our requests to find an ATM and somewhere for us to buy snacks as there would be no time for a full lunch stop. The rest of the trip then all went according to plan and we had a very enjoyable tour.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company for a safe and reliable service, and I would definitely contact them again if we're ever in Manila or surrounding area at any point in the future.

2  Thank Mocampion
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We have had drivers throughout Palawan Island (Philippines), Malaysia and Bali. This was our most disappointing of them all. Booked a layover tour, and paid extra for a 'knowledgeable' driver who knew how to communicate with whatsapp. However, when we arrived and met with him he was in a foul mood (rude, quiet, cross; not kind at all) and when I asked about whatsapp he told me he didn't really know how to use it. I booked this driver because I wanted a tour as well. If I didn't want the tour aspect I would've taken a taxi. But this driver hardly spoke to us, much less helped in making our tour of Manila enjoyable. Overall we got everywhere we wanted to go but don't depend on Tourist Driver Manila to help you out. Overall it was disappointing and overpriced for the service I got.

1  Thank Anna G
TouristDriver, Owner at Tourist Driver Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Miss Anna G,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your feedback. It is rare that anything goes wrong among the many services we provide to satisfied customers from all over the globe but we always want to learn from feedback and improve our service where we can. We therefore value your comments.

Upon reviewing your booking, you booked for car rental and not a package tour. You bargained the price down by 20 per cent. With car rental only, it is with no "tour guide". But still my drivers always try to ensure that clients enjoy the hire and hence give much useful information.

To improve on our services; we have decided not to accept queries asking for a low price yet the same level of service as with a package booking.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Arnold Sanchez

Reviewed August 9, 2017

We didn't know what to do with a 6 hour pause after checking out of our hotel. So I went online to trip advisor to see what other people were saying in the forums. Arnold's name came up a few times with positive reviews so I thought I'd give them a call.
Arnold and a driver (Rafael) showed up to the hotel just as we were settling the bill. Got all out luggage in the trunk of the car and set out for a day of sight seeing and a stop for a bite before our flight.
Both men were very respectful, pleasant, and insightful. As crazy as Manila traffic can be, Rafael's driving kept us at ease.
We told Arnold of all the sights we've seen before and he came up with a few places and sights that were new. I especially loved visiting the Manila American Memorial Cemetery.
Compared to being ripped off by the Taxi service at the Airport, his fee's were so reasonable.
Definitely highly recommend this service. Definitely will be calling on him next time.

5  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Best drivers we've had and at a very reasonable price. We are repeat customers and have been very happy with our drivers. They are trustworthy, kind, provide excellent service, are very efficient, and gave us great info/advice going around Manila. The vehicles are always clean & comfortable and the drivers always arrived on time. You won't be disappointed with them, they also very down to earth and provide insightful historical stories about the Philippines.

5  Thank Marissa R