“Filipino comfort food”

Ranked #54 of 1,012 Restaurants in Manila
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Filipino food is usually eaten at home but if you want a taste of how Filipino dishes are made classically, via mare is the place. Priced affordable and quality maintained, it just goes to show the lasting power of this restaurant. Just be aware sometimes portions are small, so order accordingly. Enjoy

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Walked here by Filipino Colleague who lives in Europe and loves Oysters. 375php for 8x Oysters (7euro) when in Europe it is 7euro per Oyster. In fact we canm here twice over 5days. My friend really loved the oyster platter and iced tea shooters

As I am not into shellfish, on first vidsit I had large chicken noodle soup, and second visit the 695php++ Ribs for two.The noodles was fine
BUT
The ribs were very very dissapointing, no proper sause, just some horrible gravy poured over before delivered to table. In fact not actually a portion for two, a very very small (by USA/Europe/Anywhere standards) solo portion.

I will not be eating here again but my friend will, so only eat here if you want the Oysters, any other dish is overpriced and small. My Filipino friend was totally shocked by the price and serving of my Ribs order, along with the awfuk presentation.

The service, 4pm one day, 6pm next day, in a quiet restaurant was unexcussably slow. My friend finished her second visit Oysters before i got served my Ribs !

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Café ViaMare has been my old time favorite. Every time I visit the Philippines, I would not want to miss a visit and have my favorite bibingka and coffee. The taste remain the same as always...yummy!

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

The food and service is good. What is disappointing I when the establishment does not honor senior discounts fir foreigners even though many establishments do. So don't be surprised.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

This restaurent served mainly Filipino foods, it is the first time I tried them and to my surprise they were very tasty. Located next to Luxent hotel near to the landmark at Timog Avenue. If you are some where in this area and want to try Filipino food you may consider here.