3,835 results
All reviews makan kitchen double tree the executive lounge welcome cookie warm cookies ampang park station diamond member petronas towers pillow menu food court shopping mall covered walkway upon check rain shower modern hotel business trip free shuttle
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Having checked in pretty late after 8pm into the hotel, I would like to extend my appreciation for the kind help by the Manager/Kitchen crew who helped and prepared a set of simple Gluten Free/dairy free/nuts free bread for my breakfast next morning as I am unable to consume much from the buffet spread in fear of potential allergen contamination. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Priscelia,

Thanks for a positive review and we're delighted to learn of your pleasant stay experience with us!

We appreciate your acknowledgement towards our culinary team members. Our team members pride themselves on making sure that every aspect of your stay is fantastic. From the moment you enter the hotel they deliver a warm welcome and are on hand to assist in any way possible.

It was a pleasure serving you and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I decided to come back to Doubletree KL after a year away and give it another try.
It was big mistake. I called the manager on duty to get a rate the day before for a suite room. I was quoted 340RM per night, which I thought was quite good. Upon check out I found out that rate was not inclusive of taxes and it came up to more than 400RM per night. Ok These things happen, however during my stay there were so many issues:

1. Elevators ( one broken) waits of up to 10 minutes to get to 31st floor.

2. New Club manager Gini greeted me on arrival and said there were many changes in the club. The only one I could see was the furniture whad beenmoved around!!

3. The wine and beer served in the club is so sub standard and would not even make the bio fuel grade. I took one sip of the red wine and had to spit it out before burning my insides. Cheap cost cutting obviously. This was confirmed to me by one of the club staff who was actually ashamed of it and I wont mention anyone's name for fear of getting them in trouble. The same mediocre sandwiches are served every night as substitute for hors'deuvres/
4. The chef in the club stands around, reads newspapers and never says hello to the guests. Needs drastic training.

5. We switched rooms on the third night of a four night stay and left an apple telephone charger in the old room. No housekeeping ever found it and delivered it to us in our new room. When we realized (24 hours later) that we had left it we called the careline ( which by the way takes a long time to respond) and asked them if they could see if it was turned in. After a 10 minute wait I decided to call the manger on duty ( I think Odelia or something like that) to accelerate the search. Her reply was "wait for the turndown service to check the room"-OMG unbelievable. When I expressed my outrage and told her to go the room ( it was newly occupied) to check she said she would try. Then ten minutes later a maid actually delivered the lost charge to our new room. This Manager never called back to check and see if we got it-appalling service.

The last day on check out in the club, there were no newspapers ( 7,30AM) I had to
ask and was repeatedly told "on the way". Also trying to leave the hotel I asked for the porter to come and get the bags. I started calling the careline at 7.30 am they answered at 7.40 AM the porter came at 7.50 and by 8.05 our bags finally got down to the car.This is unacceptable.
In summing up, There is a terrible lack of training and "pro-activism" among the staff. Rarely do they greet you and the overall feel of the room is tired, dingy and (our second room) smelly.
Go to another hotel if you want rest, peace of mind and efficiency!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank maccimo
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, Executive Secretary at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Mr Macauley,

I'm responding to you below as per our email thread:

I am taking the liberty to replying you on behalf of Axel Harmand, we do wish to apologize for the disappointing stay experience you have encountered and we thank you for the full details of your concerns as this allows me the opportunity to review the concerns with the team. I have asked my team to give me some feedback so I understand the issues and I do wish to point out the followings.

1. Please be informed that our lift system is currently undergoing a major upgrading project for the comfort and benefit of our guests and thus a slight delay is expected in the lifts when waiting on them. Signage was displayed at lift landing area and I apologize if this was not clearly explained to you during your stay.

2. We are sorry to learn your disappointment with the F&B quality served at Executive Lounge and we will review the concerns you raised on the foods and beverage quality with our esteemed chefs. In line with DoubleTree Brand Standard, we are aligning our offerings with Brand requirement, hence we offers Continental Breakfast for Hilton Honors members. As this is a Brand Standard compliance, we are regret that we would not be able to provide any immediate solution. However, obviously the sandwiches rotation can always be improved.

3. Your comment relating on the left over charger in room#2720 during the room move is duly noted, again I apologize if this was not communicated to your properly. I was made to understand you were dissatisfied with room #3120 which is not up to your preference, and have requested another room move to initial room#2720 hence Housekeeping team did not return the charger. To comply guest privacy the charger is retained with guest permission at turndown service. Nonetheless, I fully understand your disappointment with the service, and this is still no excuse.

Nevertheless I don’t want to review each point, as obviously your general disappointment is the main concern. You can be assured that your feedback has been shared with the respective Managers where corrective and preventive measure will be taken to avoid similar occurrence. Please rest assured we will use this as a learning tool for our team to handle such situations better in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your disappointing experience, and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

At Your Service,

Brenda Ho
Executive Secretary

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Checkin was a breeze . Luv the choc chip cookie given at check in. Nice. Request for connecting rooms were met. We had nice big comfy rooms. Breakfast was pretty good. There was a plenty of choices. Its connected to the Intermark shopping mall. Just a couple of supermarts, food joints , pharmacies & a sports outlet here. KLCC would have been a better choice for shopping & it's just a 8 mins drive from the hotel. Car parking is free if you are driving. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear blazing_aces,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to note that you found our location and facilities to your satisfaction and that you had a pleasant stay.

I'm also glad that you love our DoubleTree cookie. It's our very own way of saying "welcome" :)

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a good, though much more expensive than I am used to, hotel. Though there is a clear glass wall between the room and the bathroom. There is a blind which goes up or down - operated in the bathroom. Why would this be there?

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlie_Maine
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Useless_Eustace,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.
Please to inform our guestrooms were fitted with roller blind curtain for guest privacy. There is a sticker placed on the glass window for our guest to scroll down the roller blind curtain using the button/switch located on the bathroom wall.

I am sorry if it was oversight and not properly communicated to you which has led to your inconvenienced. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

We hope you will consider staying with us again when travel brings you back.

Regards

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Was here for a few days for a work trip. It's a hotel that's inside a mall where you can conveniently food/grocery or even have coffee at Dome.

Room pretty clean and hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Location wise it's walking distance to KLCC, About ten or fifteen minutes,

Breakfast consisted of a lot of choices from Malay, Chinese, Indian to Western.

All good with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business

Dear blazing_aces,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to note that you found our location and facilities to your satisfaction.