2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$141
Booking.comUS$141
Hotels.comUS$141
PricelineUS$141
Trip.comUS$141
eDreamsUS$141
All reviews wet deck w insider marvelous suite spectacular room woo bar yen restaurant wow suite twin towers double shower pre arrival elite member birthday staycation klcc view chinese restaurant free flow amazing pool in room dining
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

My second stay at the W Kuala Lumpur, and the first as a Marriott Bonvoy platinum member. What an experience!

First and foremost, a worthwhile mention is that all SOPs were properly enforced by the hotel. Due to the enforcement, many areas of the hotel are closed. Fortunately, the very kind GM Christian allowed us to take pictures at designated places within the hotel. My heartfelt thanks to Christian and his team for allowing us to do so, and we made sure to comply with the SOPs in place.

The check in was fast and smooth, and the staff were extremely friendly. Surprisingly, we were upgraded to the Marvelous Suite! This may be due to my platinum status as I'm not too sure how the upgrade system works, but it was truly an amazing surprise. The room was absolutely spectacular, and our favourite highlight was the super spacious bathroom!

The breakfast (see pictures) were also very delicious. The wide range of choices were impeccable to say the least. I also love that they gave me an entire jug of hot Americano instead of just a glass. How did they know I was a coffee addict :P? Really, its these little things that make your stay go beyond expectations!

Last but not least, I'd like to convey my thanks to the kind receptionist that extended our check out time by an hour to 5pm upon request (platinum members are offered late check out at 4pm). The extra hour really made a big difference throughout the stay. I probably thanked the kind receptionist a good ten times as I was indeed delighted.

All in all, a truly amazing stay at W hotel. For now, with the MCO still running and many restrictions in place, my gesture of thanks is limited to this review, but rest assured, once cases are back down, I'll be knocking on the doors of W once again.

Date of stay: May 2021
3  Thank leejieun349
W Kuala Lumpur, General Manager at W Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Hello Darren,

You have made my day! It was our pleasure to welcome Platinum Elite Member to our hotel and thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time at W Kuala Lumpur and I am especially happy to know that you experienced our Marvelous Suite, featuring the 105sqm with the sensational views of the Petronas Twin Towers, fab!

Furthermore, I’m happy to know that our Talents were friendly and welcoming – just as it should be! When you’re happy, we’re happy. It is kind of you to highlight our breakfast and you are correct regarding the variety choice of foods. I continue to get great comments from our guests. We try to please all palates and preferences.

Lastly, I am happy to know that we may welcome you again at W Kuala Lumpur. We’ll be here when you’re ready to come back. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@whotels.com.

Reviewed 17 May 2021

An old school Luxury Hotel in the heart of Downtown Kuala Lumpur which literally takes your “views” seriously or should we say, to an entirely new level especially with the phenomenal view of the Petronas Towers at dusk from their Wet Deck.

The booking and check in process was an absolute breeze with them waiting for us while we took a couple of shots of the reception area instead of us waiting for them which some hotels tend to do.

Their rooms were tastefully decorated with even a panel by the bedside enabling guests to adjust the mood lighting from the comforts of their bed! From the window, you will get a pretty awesome view of the twin towers. However, it was a little too close for comfort for us so you kinda have to crane your head up a wee bit but for that view, who wouldn’t?

Last but not least, the bed!! Goodness, during our stay at the Ritz Singapore, we thought that their bed was by far the most comfortable we have ever experienced. But here at W Hotel, their bed would really give the Ritz a good run for their money. It was so comfortable that we didn’t feel like leaving the bed once we got into it!

The only downside about the room was that, because of their proximity to a main junction, you will get quite a fair bit of noise from the road especially at night. Beyond that, it was everything that you would expect from a Luxury Hotel, especially one which is part of the Marriott family.

On first impressions, it felt as though we wandered into a contemporary art museum. Chic and stylishly designed. A little like E&O but a younger, hippie and more refreshing look.

Dining wise, guests are pretty spoilt for choice with the famous Wet Deck which leans more towards cocktails and bar food and has absolutely stunning views both day and night. However, it does fill up pretty quick so we strongly recommend bookings to avoid disappointment! (We saved this for Sunset)

Then there’s Flock (which we didn’t try), another restaurant tucked away at the back with a Farm to Fork on in their own words “Flock” concept which offered what looked like a pretty mouth watering Sunday Brunch.

Feeling oriental and posh? Head over to Yen where Chinese cuisine is served with a twist and in a pretty stylish manner.

Last but not least, feeling cheeky with a lust for a sweet treat high tea on a Sunday or simply a cocktail after sundown? Woobar is the place to be!

Our full review is on Instagram (@monk3yseendo)

2  Thank monk3yseendo
WKualaLumpur, General Manager at W Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Hello Anastasia,

You have made my day! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time at W Kuala Lumpur and you like our hotel design – fab! I do agree with your comment about our hotel WET Deck and it is truly a spark at W Kuala Lumpur with stunning views of Petronas Twin Towers. When you’re happy, we’re happy.

Thank you for your compliments towards our B&F, I continue to get great comments from our guests regarding the variety choice of foods. We try to please all palates and preferences.

I do notice on your comment about the room have assigned to you and the sound proof issue during your stay. I have shared your review with the superior and our team… I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you describe. My team and I are looking into this issue seriously in order for us to deliver the best hospitality service to our guest during the stay.

Lastly, please do not hesitate to contact me via christian.metzner@whotels.com if I can be of your assistance in person, we’re always here for you if you need anything else. Visit anytime.

Reviewed 10 May 2021

We really enjoyed our staycation at W Hotel KL.

The Marvelous Suite we got with the Marriott Bonvoy suite award upgrade had a really nice view of the Twin Towers. My wife really enjoyed her facial at the spa too.

The afternoon tea and Sunday Retox brunch were really good especially the unique chocolates. We will certainly be back for the food.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank KXLim
W Kuala Lumpur, General Manager at W Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Hello KXLim,

It is kind of you and thanks for taking the time to share this generous review on our TripAdvisor – appreciate it! We’re thrilled to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay at W Kuala Lumpur and I am especially happy to know that you experienced our Marvelous Suite, featuring the 105sqm with the sensational views of the Petronas Twin Towers, fab!

I am especially happy to know that you took time and visit our AWAY® Spa, and you have a great moment with us!

Furthermore, I’m delighted to know you enjoyed afternoon tea & Sunday #RETOX Brunch with variety choice of foods and I continue to get great comments from our guests. Our food is made of organically grown products as as well as artisanal delights, such as locally made cheeses and chocolates; even the honey is locally sourced, the Tualang Honey, a Malaysian multifloral jungle honey.

Once again, I am happy to know that we may welcome you again at W Kuala Lumpur for your return stay. We’ll be here when you’re ready to come back. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@whotels.com.

Have a fabulous week.

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Place quite spacious, nice ambient and friendly staff. Food was amazing. variety of choices. the package provided by hotel quite affordable. Overall the trip was great, hopefully one day can stay again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Hazim_Ismail92

Hello Hazim_Ismail92,

It’s very kind of you and thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time at W Kuala Lumpur and our Talents were welcoming and attentive – just as it should be! When you’re happy, we’re happy.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the stay with our room and glad to know that our Talents took good care of you during the stay. Furthermore, thank you for your compliments towards our B&F, I continue to get great comments from our guests regarding the variety choice of foods. We try to please all palates and preferences.

Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and it is kind of you to recommend our hotel via TripAdvisor. We’ll be here when you’re ready to come back. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@whotels.com, visit anytime.

Reviewed 2 May 2021

Spent a couple of nights to celebrate my wifes birthday and we both enjoyed the stay. The Spectacular room was very spacious, sparkling clean with a large super comfy bed. Staff were all excellent and attentive.

Unfortunately due to covid restrictions we were unable to fully experience the famous breakfast buffet that the W is known for, however Azila and Acap made every effort to ensure we didn't go hungry :)

1  Thank shutt3rbug
W Kuala Lumpur, General Manager at W Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Hello shutt3rbug,

Happy Birthday to your wife and thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate this special occasion with us. I am happy to know that you have a great time at W Kuala Lumpur and enjoyed the stay with our Spectacular Room and I do agree with you, with a full length window that offers remarkable views of Petronas Twin Towers view.

Thank you for your gracious compliments to our Talent especially Azila and Acap. We’ll be sure to pass the message to him and you definitely made his day, thank you!

Once again, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, we’ll be here when you’re ready to come back. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via christian.metzner@whotels, I remain at your service.