“Steamed food concept - healthy!”

Steam Era Seafood Steamboat Restaurant
Ranked #775 of 4,967 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Just found out this place and it has got to be my new favourite! I love steamed food and steamboat - here they have everything!!

We opted for the steamed food. There is a pot of porridge at the bottom of the steamer. Every food you order goes into the steamer and the more you order, the sweeter your porridge would be as the juice from the food you've ordered will flow into the pot of porridge at the bottom. What a brilliant concept!!

They also have a variety of seafood, in which I thought I may not want to order - the prawns are alive when they throw it into the steamer. I thought this was really cruel... So the next time I return I don't think I want to order food that are still alive.... I don't mind the pork and beef slices though... Because the seafood are all still alive so they are actually very fresh... Some of their wok fried food like char kueh teow and fried rice is also surprisingly good...

There are a lot of sauces for steamboat and the Chinese chilli sauce is amazing!! Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This's certainly a place for fresh seafood, in fact you can't get any fresher than this! Coupled with one of the most ancient way of cooking which is 'steamed', and that makes your experience of fresh seafood to another level, surely a delightful way having seafood

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Had passed this restaurant each day on the way to work, so today I decided to try it out. What a good move that was. Loved the restaurant, the service - impeccable and the food choice brilliant. I had Bone Soup, Clams, Green Prawns and a Red Talapia (fish) with a pot of Jasmine Tea. Loved every minute of the meal and has constant service to show me how to go about eating a Chinese Steamboat meal. Would I eat there again, already booked my next visit. For what I had, I was very happy with the price paid.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

The steam pot here is very interesting. A steam pot just spend few minutes you can enjoy good taste seafoods. The the bottom is the congee. The congee very special and taste as well. The service is very good. The staff will cook in front of you. The attitude is very sincerely. They also got hot pot. They serve until early morning 0500 hours. A good place for night supper !!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I definitely recommended folks coming here to eat. The seafood, meat and veggies are really fresh. You steam your food at your own table and the liquid dripping, drips into the pot marinated with pork bone to make a broth. It is something new. I would ordered the Cold Pig Ears salad, Sugar cane drink, Giant oysters raw, steamed baby clams, Abalone, Australia slice beef, Scallops steam. There are seating outside too. The staff are friendly and attentive.