1,883 results
All reviews convention center free shuttle tower wing stream running cellar bar train station convenient shuttle comfort room luxury shopping spacious lobby big hotel quick check luxurious hotel only stayed one night concierge staff checking out bars and restaurants
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We arrived at the Rihga Royal Hotel, hot and tired, after a walk from the train station.
They have a very efficient free bus service to and from the main station but we were unaware of this option. When we arrived before check in time, we asked if we could use the pool while we waited. There was a quiet moment before the very polite woman, informed us that our room did not include the pool. If we wished to use the pool it would be $45NZ per person per day. We have travelled to many countries and never encountered this before. We had booked on Hotels.com and this is not mentioned on its site. We spent some time discussing this problem with the manager but there was no change to our situation and we were offered keys to a comfort lounge to use during our stay. This was very handy as it had hot and cold non-alchoiic drinks and a few snacks.
But did not make up for the lack of pool facilities. On the positive side, the hotel was in a handy enough spot and the very small room was clean and adequate but the bed was up against the wall so only one person has easy access to the bathroom at night.

Room Tip: A room that includes pool access.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
RRH大阪, お客様サービス担当支配人 at RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Trish G,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable comments.
We are very sorry to hear that our policies regarding pool use were not made clear to you on Hotels.com.
We will do our best to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay to the fullest, and we hope that you would give us another chance the next time you visit Osaka.
From all of us here at RIHGA Royal Hotel, we hope to see you again.
Customer Service Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Tricky one this as there was nothing inherently wrong with this hotel. But I'd paid more than for the other half dozen on my trip and it wasn't worth the extra. Staff were helpful with local information and very polite. But check in was way, way too slow. Okay so it is a huge hotel but don't tell everyone to check in at the same time. I waited longer to check in here than the other 9 stops on my trip put together. At least on check out as I'd already paid i didn't have to queue. The room was disappointing too but as I was only staying one night it wasn't a problem. Be nice to see some reference on the hotels.com site to the shuttle bus to Osaka station, if it is there it isn't obvious!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank PDGBLondon
Reviewed 6 August 2018

It seems to be inconvenient location in Osaka, but you can ride a free shuttle bus from Shin-Osaka station. This hotel is located on one of the best areas in Osaka, and I guarantee that you never regret staying here!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Clean, good bathroom, OK view of river, courteous staff but nowhere to put suitcases in tiny room. No lounge for guests to sit and discuss strategy for business presentation without paying for expensive drinks. So went to Cellar Bar. Old fashioned. Bill for 3 drinks and 6 olives, 4 tiny slivers of cheese 57000 yen!! Outrageous.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Walnuts500
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

If you are looking into having a nice bed to have your beauty sleep, this is definitely the hotel to opt for. Although the location is not strategically within walking distance from major train station, but the shuttle bus transit turn out to be just fine! The room we gotten have 2 bathroom (1 bathtub and 1 shower) . If it wasn’t for the extract bed, the room would be very spacious. It is a big hotel, they have grand lobby, arcades (include 7-11) on the basement floor, a swimming club in another tower and few nice restaurants. Their lounge is another perfect place to hang around too especially in the morning when they served some small breads and yogurts. They even have a massage chair for you to relax! I would definitely come back if I ever visit Osaka. Sometimes quality hotel makes a lot of difference in our journey. How many of us do remember the hotel that we stayed so clearly that makes you wanted to go back or even to recommend? I think RIHGA deserve my vote! The photos explained everything! Enjoyed!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family