All reviews village vanguard shopping area shinsaibashi station minutes walking budget hotel vending machine convenient location air purifier convenient store lawson japan cons pillows
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The location of the hotel was good because is about 5 minutes walk from Shinsaibaishi station. Walking distance to many shopping areas including Namba. I was warmly welcome by one of the front desk officer and she even told me how to get my airport limousine bus from another hotel nearby. Everything seems alright except one of the days after housekeeping. I stayed for 3 nights. I have requested housekeeping before I left the hotel on the 2nd day. However, I came back to the hotel in the afternoon about 3pm, I realized that my room was not locked. Lucky nothing went missing in my room because I do have a habit to lock my luggage too. I went to explain the situation to the front desk office but not all staff are good in English. It was a hard time explaining the situtation. I was quite disappointed because they did not apologize and said that they do have CCTV in the hotel so shouldn't be a problem. I did not request for housekeeping for the next day as I'm worried it might happen again. I believe being a hotel guest, security is very important. Writing a review here so that the hotel can improve and other hotel guests would not experience this in future. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
西鉄イン心斎橋, FRONT DESK at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank you for choosing nishitetsu inn shinsaibashi .

We glad you are satisfied with our location, and we really apologize for the mistakes of housekeeping service and the poor communication. From onward we had informed to be fully carefull during the housekeeping so that our guest do not have to face the same problem that you had faced.
Once again we are really sorry .

Hope to see you in osaka again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The hotel room is pretty decent. It's really small, like most ones in Japan, and had the usual Japanese hotel amenities. The location is still pretty good. It's in an interesting area near very vibrant Osaka street cultures like Amerikamura, Orange Street, and the famed Shinsaibashi shopping street. For the price, you can easily walk over to the popular Dotonbori area.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pearlmargaret
西鉄イン心斎橋, Thapa at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi and we are glad to have your comment. As you mention, there are many shops and restaurants near us.
Amerikamura, Orange Street , and Shinsaibashi shopping street ,Dotonbori area are the main famous tourist area which are around our hotel and we believe you have enjoyed them.

Please come visit us again!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Everything nice! Comfortable and clean with room! But room too small!
And near LAWSON store and near subway.
So,if you want to go, The Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi is nice choice.
I will liveing again,when next time.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ted0207
西鉄イン心斎橋, FRONT at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi.
We glad you enjoyed staying with us and satisfied with our location and service.
We will wait for you coming back to Osaka again.
Best regards,
Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We went during summer vacation high season and rooms are so much more expensive.
After much search and weighting on location vs comfort, we settled on Nishitetsu Inn.
Most hotel rooms in Osaka have limited rooms that can accommodate a family of 4, and we had to book two rooms for us. Nishitetsu fits our budget and location is hard to bit.
It is only 15 minutes walking to Dotonbori (where the running man neon sign is).
The room is on the small size, very small. The bathroom has a tub but it is smaller than some of bathroom on a cruise ship. Just to give you an idea.
That said, the room has a double bed, a small fridge, an air purifier, the bathroom has a tub, sink and toilet. Since we had two rooms, so two bathrooms were a bonus.
Across from hotel is Lawson convenience store.
All in all, it is a budget hotel but will do for a quick visit to Osaka.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
西鉄イン心斎橋, FRONT DESK at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you for your stay with us in NISHITETSU INN SHINSAIBASHI.
Was your stay in Osaka memorable?
Hope to see you here next time too.

NISHITETSU INN SHINSAIBASHI
THAPA

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I stayed this hotel on early April. There is not any cool air condition (only heater). Hotel staff suggests me to open window for cool temperature. However, guest room are close to highway. very noisy.
English speaking is very improlite.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
西鉄イン心斎橋, お客様担当マネージャー at Nishitetsu Inn Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

The spring and fall seasons are the time all the staffs here are worried by the ever changing climate and temperatures day after day. Since our air conditioning system is centrally controled, it is the most painstaking job for us to decide the timing to switch from heater to cooler。Please understand that we are trying to do the best and always wishing our customers staying here comfortable.

Thank you again for your comments.