Guest House SENDO
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
karaksa hotel Kyoto I(Kyoto)
  • Breakfast included
Ryokan
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe busshowerluggagehostelfloorjapan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

I was there last October for three days visiting Kyoto with my girlfriend. The place is not the fanciest one but you feel really great there because is so cozy and the man in charge there Yuya is a great guy very helpful and communicative. I really recommend it since very convenient and cheap as well!!

I hope to see u again Yuya! Take care

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2016

From the practical point:
Less than 5 minute walking to bus stops, subway, convenience store, restaurants, bar, onsens and mall. You can find all you need around and getting to the center is absolutely easy and quick. Not to mention that bike rental and daily bus and metro pass is available at the reception!
Room as in any hostel with enough space to sleep, not crowded at all (2 bunk beds), aircon and not exposed at the first sunlight (good for who love to wake up a tad late).
All clean and tidy, shower and bath with soap and shampoo available. Couple more toilets in case one or the other is busy, laundry and balcony where to hang your clothes, fully furnished kitchen and toast and tea or coffe for breakfast!

Personal point:
From the first moment i stepped in Guest House Sendo i felt at ease and at home.
The narrow corridors in a rococo style and the small kitchen gave me a warming welcome with a super friendly management! Easy briefing on arrival and i started right away to meet everyone who was staying there. From the next day we started to have dinner all together everyday ending up to be more than people just passing by and barely saying hello (thing that i hate in big hostels), and thanks to all those people i had a great time and i also prolonged my stay of two more days. Yuya (who welcomed me the first day) was so friendly and ready to help that gave me information of any sort and managed to organize a night out clubbing, pizza party (twice), pasta party, going to eat tipical ramen, cooking homemade takoyaki all through the few days of my stay.
A place i will never forget for i had such a nice time that i felt like between old friends!

Room Tip: Ask for lower bed on reservation since they`ll also organize your bed.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Gabriele C
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Guest house is very close to the Sainn Station of Hankyu line or to the platform of Keifuku Randen tram.
We arrived late in the evening, so we didn't see any staff. All informatio regarding our stay was on the notes attached to the wall. Notes were really cute) The first note was on the enterance door and it said that our key was in a postbox. There we more notes and information when we entered. If you have paid online, you may just sleep in the guest house and leave even without saying goodbye. If you choose to pay after, you have two options. First you pay to the staff and also give them your pasport for registration and so on. Or there is a second option that was our case because we left early in the morning, you put money in kind of envelope and put it in the box on the staff table, and we didn't our pasport data.
The room we booked had a "bath", a decorative bath it turned out to be. If you want to shower a flood wii begin as water runs directly on the floor )

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

This is a really lovely guest house, I felt at home there. The decor is very boutiquey and the shower and bathroom are really clean and modern. The bathroom is big with a mirror, hairdryer and a couple of other bits like hand cream, cotton wool, deodorant etc.

The kitchen is a nice communal area with free tea and coffee and toast and jam for breakfast. Lots of kitchen utensils which can be used aswell as microwave, toaster, fridge and freezer.

It's literally a 5 minute walk from Saiin station and easy to get to all main attractions. The area itself is nice with lots of restaurants and bars.

I would avoid the female dorm number 3 though. They've crammed in 3 beds side to side so there's literally no space between the beds which is very uncomfortable if you're in there with strangers, especially if you're in the middle bed! There's also no room to move at all of to put luggage. I don't understand why they've not put bunk beds in there like the other rooms. Also, there's only 2 plug sockets between 3 people.

Apart from that one room I have no complaints at all.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank LucyJM7
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I arrived to this place really not knowing what to expect as there were no pictures at all in tripadvisor, happily this was a really nice place to stay. Everything was clean and pretty new. Kitchen was big and staff really charming. I recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple