“Too good ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is just all perfect from top to toe! Everything was extremely tasteful. My boyfriend thought it was the best piece of meat he'd ever had. For me, not big on steak I still loved all the courses in our eight our meal, except from the second starter which I thought was too raw.. But that's just me. This restaurant is kind of expensive if you compare it to others but not too bad at all, and it's worth it anyhow. I'd say this is not a place for families as the menus are made in advance and you get to choose between 3 different sets of 8 course dishes.

The staff is very helpful but not all of them speaks English.

Oh and you most surely need to book in advance, as this place is very popular.

I would go back here anytime!! Loved it.

Date of visit: July 2015
Write a reviewReviews (769)

Reviewed 29 July 2015

After out first visit in 2013 we were back in Kyoto and revisited Hafuu. The menu has not changed a lot and this is a good thing. I rarely say this about a restaurant. The steak is still perfect. So when in Kyoto make a reservaton at Hafuu.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Let me first say that I came here with high expectations from TripAdvisor. These were easily met. This restaurant offers excellent steak at a fair price considering its quality. I would fully recommend the set menus which offer courses each of which I thought were very good.
My only recommendation would be to bring a jumper with the air conditioning absolutely vicious!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

They provided the best gluten-free meal we have had in Kyoto --- a perfectly prepared steak together with potatoes and rice (all gluten-free). We went there twice, and the second time we went, he ordered another portion after finishing the first....

1  Thank swissglutenfree
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Three words: Go there asap!
This place has it all! Wonderful staff, AMAZING beef, and a sense of detail adding that little, but essential something to make an evening perfect!
PS: Our kids aged 11 and 13 loved it as well! They had a lot of fun sitting at the counter following the busy, but friendly masters of the kitchen.

1  Thank EliseRossHansen