Luck You Kyoto
US$92
US$122
US$72
  • Restaurant
Almont Hotel Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Monterey Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$84
US$195
US$123
  • Pool
Hotel Sunroute Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$50
  • Restaurant
All reviewspublic bath housejapanese omelettraditional sweetscold green teastaff was incredibly helpfulbreakfast offersfree ticketstraditional ryokan styleryokan hotelnice ryokanensuite bathroomresidential areafuton beda great stayrecommend staying herecomfortable stayrice
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Luck You has been the most pleasant stay I have experienced in a LONG time. My friend and I were sightseeing across Japan and had decided we wanted to stay in a traditional ryokan for part of our trip. Luck You hotel fits the bill perfectly!
Tucked away into a small side street, the location is fantastic. Situated near a couple convenience stores and restaurants, with a short walk to the local Subway station, everything you need is within reach.
The rooms are authentic and beautiful, with just enough of a modern touch to make your stay as convenient as possible.
The best part for me was the staff. They are the nicest, most polite, friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and made us feel incredibly welcome and at home. They offered all kinds of help and information of local events and sights that we had not already thought of. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality!
Thank you Luck You!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
長谷川 和, お客様担当マネージャー at Luck You Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your stay. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Luck You and Kyoto. We are looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I am giving luck you a 4 star rating as I knew what to expect. I went there looking for an experience and a taste of Japanese culture.

The manager was very friendly and spoke English. For those who told know what to expect, the rooms are small possibly 3m x 3m. Once the 2 mattresses are laid out on the floor it takes up most of the room. There is a small tv on the wall with only Japanese channels. We spent 4 nights there which is more than I’d say you need to spend there to get the experience. The walls are pretty thin so you can hear sounds from the adacent room. We were a bit paranoid about this so found ourselves whispering to each other instead of talking at normal levels.

The price is similiar to what you would pay for a standard hotel room. If you are looking for comfort this isn’t for you. If you are looking for a different expereience then it may be worth considering.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shizuka Y, マネージャー at Luck You Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your valuable and comments, and thank you for your understanding about small traditional ryokan style.We are doing our best to make comfortable all guest's stay. Hope we can see you again in some day!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night for a quick visit to Kyoto. Arrived in the morning well before 4pm check-in, but staff was very friendly and they helped me work out an itinerary for the day while renting me a bike. All worked out very well and by the time I got back they had put my bags in the room and helped me get settled. I took advantage of the free pass to the bathhouse across the street which was so refreshing! The breakfast the next morning was plentiful and excellent! The room was small but had everything I needed. It would have been nice to have an English language tv station on the cable. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo

Thanks so much for your stay! We are very happy to know that you had enjoyed your travel and LUCK-YOU. We are considering about ENGLISH LANGUAGE TV, hope we can see you again!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

It was a great stay with friendly staff! The deco was very minimalistic and they also serve free water and tea. It was not a convenient spot from train station so best to take a cab f you have to bring families around!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
長谷川 和, お客様担当マネージャー at Luck You Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your stay. We are looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Staff are really friendly and helpful. Room is clean and tidy. Fantastic experience for a stay in traditional Japanese-style home. Offered cute and delicious small bites upon check-in. Unlimited free entrance ticket to a local onsen which is just right opposite of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your stay. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Luck-You. We are looking forward to see you again!