Holiday Inn Xiaoshan Hangzhou
US$138
US$102
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbusiness tripcircle barrooms are cleanshopping mallgreat hotellobby areaairportkfcdistrictchinaamenitiesunpackcloset
Reviewed 18 May 2017

So, like every one noted here - it's really great hotel - it's in great location (in case of course you need be closer to Airport and in Xiaoshan district), near shopping plaza, with great selection of restaurants. Rooms are clean, as usual Holiday Inn standard you have pillow selection. Fast Check-In, kind staff, and what is really great - very nice big breakfast hall with good selection of food.

And yes - only bad thing is constant construction noise, but that's something out of control of hotel itself, so i fee it does not deserves 3 star ratings just because of this single reason - after all, construction will sooner or later end, but ratings left forever.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Joy J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Xiaoshan Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Greetings from Holiday Inn Hangzhou Xiaoshan and thank you very much for staying with us recently. We're so pleaseed to read your positive review, particularly the comments about location, staff and breakfast.
These provide a source of great motivation to continuously challenge our boundaries, in the hope of providing the best possible service.
Thank you again for your support.

Marketing Communication Department

Reviewed 14 May 2017

As their Spire elite level member, I really wanted to like this hotel as I have pretty positive experiences with the Holiday Inn brand in China, but this hotel has several let downs. Poor staff and customer service being one of the biggest problem.

The rooms are actually quite nice - modernly decorated, good size, decent layout and clean bathroom, but noise insulation is terrible and your view out the window is a pit that's in heavy construction (see my attached picture). Now on to the bad parts...

I arrived on a 14 hour flight followed by a 3 hr subway/train ride from Shanghai and really wanted to get some decent sleep. After unpack, shower and settled in, I went to sleep just after 1:30am. At exactly 6am on a Sunday morning, I was woken by loud earth digging vibrations and noises. I got up to check and found the giant construction going on just next door. The windows were already shut but they are not insulated enough so you can hear the construction loudly. After 3 hrs of this, I realize they are not going to stop, so I called down to ask for a different room. The front desk said we only give quiet room to our best customers and told me to use the earplugs. Excuse me! I am your Spire level member and spent about 120+nights a year at this chain, how much of a better and more loyal customer do I need to become?! Good customer or not, no one deserve this type of noise and why don't they list the construction activities on their reservation page, so customer can make an informed decision?!?!?!

After I asked is there a higher level than Spire I should stride for next year, in joking manner, the staff than realize I am Spire level and repeatedly apologized for not checking my profile and offered me a quieter room on the opposite of the building, away from the construction. A few minutes later, someone arrived with the key. Instead of offer to help me move - he wanted to take back the only key to my current room. I asked him how am I supposed to move if he takes the key of my current room? I had to repeatedly explain to him that I've already unpacked, suits and shirts hanging in the closet, personal care items spread out on the bathroom counter, computer and work files laid out on the desk. I will move these things in a few back and forth trips, instead of repack everything which would take even longer. Even if I do pack, it would not be instant. He stood there without a care and said hotel policy said he has to take the key. I finally had enough and raised my voice and said "just give me 1 hr, no just 30 min - if this is not good enough, please send up your General Manager". He finally left me in peace at this point. I finalized my move in under 30 minutes and rush down to the front desk to return the key - to my surprise they didn't why I was returning the key in such a rush!!! Well! Your guy wanted the key back!

I had daily breakfast at the hotel. While there are a lot of variety of food items, none of them is well cooked, especially Chinese dishes. Surprisingly, the western breakfast items were of higher quality. The Jara coffee machine was the highlight for me... What bother me the most is the aloof waiters and bus boys - they constantly stop what they are doing, to check and respond to their cell phone. I watched one guy literally stopped cleaning a table and start texting on his phones and giggle uncontrollably. In the time I started and finished my breakfast, the guy managed to clean just one table and spend the rest of time texting!

The problem continue to the concierge desk. This was a business trip for me but I had some free time and wanted to visit the famous West Lake in Hangzhou. I asked for direction (taxi or subway) and suggestion for famous sites but the guy could careless. He literally told me and my coworker to check the internet! Hangzhou enjoy significant revenue from tourism because of the West Lake - you'd think the staff would be happy to give some pointers to eager visitors, so we can pour more money into the local economy - but no, not here...

All in all, the top management at this hotel needs to be replaced. Customer service shortcoming is clear and I couldn't help but think the management style and culture created these problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from construction
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay . We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Marketing Communication Department

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Stayed here as part of a tour. Pretty green neon lights are nice to look at, and a nice landmark if you go wandering off and need to find it again. Hotel is near a mall, so there's plenty of average things to do, and places to eat, near by. Would highly recommend walking over to People's Square, about a 5 minute walk, and just sit and watch the world go by. The night I visited there was a saxophone battle & some ballroom dancing going on. Pretty sweet.

Hotel room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was tasty. Bathroom was clean. Can't ask for much more in a one night stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Joy J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Xiaoshan Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Little bit noisy in surroundings due to construction side. The breakfast with cappuccino with burned ☕️. The room clean and I was happy with the standard. Very good distance to airport in 40 min by car

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Joy J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Xiaoshan Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Nothing specialI wouldn't consider it to be a 4 star hotel. Rooms are okay and not many choices for breakfast. Internet was pretty slow but the location was good. It's connected to a mall and the subway.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Joy J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Xiaoshan Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for your feed back.
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.