1,069 results
All reviews jw marriott momo cafe the executive lounge west lake fitness facilities business lounge grand canal shopping mall decent size business trip dim sum train tickets pleasant stay metro station convenient location breakfast buffet club floor
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Excellent location, it is co-located with the JW Marriott, and pretty much shares the lobby. You have access to the excellent breakfast restaurant in the lobby area, shared with the JW, and with a very wide selection of food. I was there when the G-20 summit was being planned for, so the security was very tight, but I am sure this was the case with all hotels, as the city was pretty much in lock down. Easy to get the the lake as well, with a quick 10 minute cab ride, though there was no traffic at all. The lounge - for Marriott members, was OK. Decent food and layout, but not as good as the Courtyard in Pudong, for example. Having said that, it is really good to have a lounge - compared to the Courtyards here in the US! Definitely recommend - well priced, you can't go wrong.

Room tip: Ask for rooms towards the lake - you may get a look at the hills and the lake if you are lucky
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RubbyX, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommends. We really appreciate for your understanding due to G20 security check, actually because Courtyard is co-located with JW Marriott as you said, you can enjoy our lobby lounge, restaurants, bar, gym, swimming pool and spa in JW Marriott too, which add more value for your stay. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Very nice rooms, clean and all service you expect. Location quite central with walking distanserad to a shoppingmall with many expansiva brands.
Breakfast as good as you always can expect in a Courtyard hotell.

Room tip: The higher the better
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2016

I've stayed at this property twice in the past year and have had a great time.

I am always biased favorably toward Marriott hotels and this one "came through" with great service.

Location is great for downtown Hangzhou; Wulin Square has been re-done a year or so ago and is beautiful as well. A few minutes walk away is the West Lake Cultural Center, with several Hangzhou museums. West Lake spots can be done by subway or cab.

As some other reviewers note, the hotel is co-located with a JW Marriott, so these facilities are available as well.

Buffet breakfast was great with a wide choice of Western as well as European and Asian foods.

I was especially touched by the personal attention of housekeeping staff. One Sunday afternoon I was working on reports in the room. Two different housekeeping attendants came in and both noted that I had my shoes off, and brought me slippers. One noticed that I'd had all 3 of the packets of instant coffee, and stocked the room with about 10 of the ones I'd been using.

Small touches like this are why I keep coming to Marriott.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
RubbyX, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your consistant support to our hotel. Your description about our housekeeper is really touching, remember every guest's request or preference is our basic duty. Breakfast in Momo Cafe is abundant, you may try our Cantonese food during the daytime. Our hotel is also near to the Great Canal, just 5- minutes walk-way can approach the canal, the night light show is really attactive. Please come and enjoy this beautiful Hangzhou!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The service is very friendly, people are very nice. The breakfest is even better than JW marriot from my point of view. The location is very convienent to travel to the westlake and to the downtown. It is very easy to find the restraunt near the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 褚 晓
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I spent a night at the JW Marriott Hangzhou, checked out and walked right next door to the Courtyard Marriott Hangzhou.

The location is about 500 to 600 meters from the Wulin Square subway Exit B. When you exit, head left toward the Hangzhou Tower Shopping City. When you see the skywalk, go up, walk to the other side, go down (left side). Go straight until you come to the NaDe Hotel. Turn right at the NaDe Hotel. The JW Marriott and Courtyard Marriott (connected to each other) will be a little ways down on the right.

Location was great for me, as I don't mind walking and taking the Subway. Good way to burn some extra calories.

From the moment I walked to the counter, I felt welcomed and appreciated. I was early (before check-in time) but my room was ready for me. Check-in took little to no time. I was shown to my room which was a club/executive level room. The first room I was given had a stale smell, but I was immediately give another room and did not have to to go down to the front desk. I waited in the room so that personnel could fetch the key to the new room. I was very happy with the room!

It was sizeable. All the amenities available at Courtyards in Asia were available here. The only issue (though it is not really an issue) is that there is a shower/tub combination. That might bother some people. But, I was fine with it. Also, if you are sharing a room with someone there is a large glass wall that separates the bathroom from the rest of the room. But, there is a switch-operated blind in the bathroom which provides privacy. I thought that was a nice touch. I have stayed at some hotels in China that did not have that feature.

Concierge service was amazing. I had an itching for some American fast food and asked for the nearest McDonald's, BK, KFC. Alex at concierge helped me out by actually having KFC delivered to me. I thought that was such a nice touch. Also, Alex was instrumental in giving me some good ideas on places to visit and things to do in the city!!! I found his information and help invaluable!!!

Also, as I checked out, it had been raining earlier. I intended to walk to the Hangzhou airport bus shuttle station which is about 600 meters away. I was given an umbrella (just in case). I thought that was nice. Btw, the airport shuttle bus is only 20 yuan as compared to 120-130 yuan for a taxi to Hangzhou Airport.

Also, the club/executive lounge was pretty nice. I took breakfast and snacks/dinner there. There was a good selection of food. Staff was nice and attentive.

Overall, I enjoyed my time at the Couryard Hangzhou Wulin. I will not hesitate to visit this hotel again when in Hangzhou.

Concierge service was great. I was in n

• Trip type: Traveled solo
RubbyX, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comment for us, it may take you some time. But we really learn a lot from your critical comment, our location is very clear based on your information, just like a map! I will pass your compliment to our concierge team, although what you mentioned is their job duty, we are proud that our concierge always give guest a surprise and beyond expectation. Look forward to your next visit.