Home Inn (Kunming Baita Road)(Kunming)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/28
Book now, pay at stay
US$35
US$28
Hotels.com
Upland International Youth Hostel(Kunming)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$12
  • Restaurant
Kunming Cloudland Youth Hostel(Kunming)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
Book now, pay at stay
US$25
US$6
  • Restaurant
The Hump Hostel(Kunming)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$13
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Home Inn (Kunming Qingnian Road)(Kunming)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$27
Agoda.com
Lost Garden Guesthouse(Kunming)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$17
Agoda.com
7 Days Inn (Kunming Qingnian Road)(Kunming)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$84
US$189
US$133
Trip.com
US$79
US$76
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

The reception staff are exceptionally sour here when compared with other Chinese hotels. The room was reasonably clean except for the filthy carpets...they only had children's size reusable plastic sandals which was unpleasant. Bathroom was pretty clean.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel and one of the best hotel I stayed in China so far.
The is big bathroom in big clean and operating well. The bed is excellent conformable. The breakfast is but not reach. NO WIFI IN THE ROOM.

Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel equivalent to many 4 stars in France.
The room are very large. the bedding is perfect!
No wifi but plugin Internet in the room. The connection is not good but it's everywhere the same around here.
The temperature in shower is not settled sometimes cold sometime hot....c'est la vie!
50 € for a **** in the center = Good
150 € for the executive suite = wow
Most of the staff doesn't not speak english...

the photos represent the smallest room 1215

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my colleagues on a business trip in Kunming.
PROS:
Hotel is brand new (less 2yrs) with new facilities and good services. It locates in the north of the city so not so convenient if you want to get to the 'CBD's, but as it's based in the University near by so there are some shops/bars/restaurants for young people near by.
CONS:
One thing I could not bear is that the air conditioning does not work that well. We stayed in Nov. so it's about 5 degrees celsius and i think the heating was a vitally important issue for everyone.
Bedding, I reserved a DBL bed and two of my colleagues booked a TWN room but we both received Family Rooms (each room with one queen bed + one twin bed). It does not bother me much as I'm alone but don't you think it's a little bit weird for my colleague as they have to decide who is going to stay in the larger/smaller bed...
In all, it's a 4 star hotel with good value (around cny 500 r/n, bb) but not so well located.

Room Tip: request for a double/twin rm instead of a family one which i'm sure there are quite a lot
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel was used by our tour group and we added an extra night before and after the tour. Our total days stayed in this hotel was seven nights with three nights away in between. We stayed on the 5th floor first in a room facing the back. This room was fine with two double beds for the three of us. When we came back from Ligiang we were put in a room on the 6th floor (6011) which we had problems with. Once in the room we immediately smelled the strong odor from the bathroom and later found out that there was leakage between the toilet and the floor. Also the soap dispenser was crashed onto the shower stall, broken into pieces and soap all over the place. I reported the problems to the front desk with a note detailing the problems. We were promised that they'd be fixed by the time we come back from our activities. Yes, they were done when we got back at the end of the day. They seemed to have put a new coat of seal to the leaks but we could still smell the odor. A new soap dispenser was placed on the soap rack instead of sticking it back to the wall so we had to be very careful when using it. We are not picky people so we just let it go. They also put a 3rd bed in the room which is a tiny roll-away bed that was so low it felt like sleeping on the floor. Other than these problems our room was fine. They provided a fruit plate of an apple and three cucumbers daily and three complimentary bottles of water. I left my ipad on the desk one day and considered that gone but found it in the same spot when we got back. So, kudos to the staff!

Breakfast is pretty basic. If you like Yunnan rice noodle, you are in luck. They serve that every morning together with porridge and different dishes. I just wanted toast and coffee in the morning as the previous reviewer mentioned they have a pot of coffee out for everyone. Fortunately not too many people wanted coffee so we always had some with no problem. My main complaint is the toaster, which I had to hold down manually until the bread was toasted and a couple of mornings they did not even put out the toaster. They definitely need a better toaster! There is also an egg station for fried eggs.

We had lunch and dinner a couple of times in the same restaurant which turned out to be pretty good. Prices were reasonably and I recommend the tea-leaf shrimp. It is better to eat in this restaurant than the other eateries in the area. This is a college town and most places focus on the student population and nothing is really available for a decent meal. There is a bakery with excellent baked goods about 10 minute walk away. Just make a left outside the hotel, walk to the corner of the big intersection then turn left. The bakery should be on the left side next to a conveniet store.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family