All reviews bus stop ironing room quiet location on arrival metro station taxi city fridge ballet sightseeing moscow
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during the World Cup. The place is quirky for a 4 star hotel and I was not a fan of the Brazilian wall art that surrounds the 2nd floor and yet the tv clock is a bit different and fun. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms spacious and clean, the shower fantastic as are the free toiletries and the free water daily is a good touch. The reason for my average rating is that it is a bit out of the way it is a 20 minutes walk to town or the nearest metro, the service on reception was ok not really welcoming. All in all does it offer good value, I would say yes it is a 3 star price, for 3 star service and 3 star decor, I was just hoping it would be 4 starts for everything and not just somethings!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018

For those who are accustomed to a continental breakfast the hotel has a very bad breakfast, the only bread it offers is hard, there is not even a toaster. There is no hot milk available. we must always be asking to warm it up. The smell of the stewed food in the morning is horrible. They do not have croiassants. The rooms that are for 3 people are meager, during the first 3 days the air conditioning was broken and the room became unbearable. Finally they wanted to charge an occupancy fee when the travel agency had already paid for it. I would not advise this hotel to anyone who wants to visit S.Peterburg.
The publicity that the hotel offers in booking, trivago and other channels does not correspond to the truth.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Love..love ..love the front desk staffs : Olga and her trainees, and Salan. They helped directing the taxi driver to go around places we wanted to go i.e the tourist spots and ballet performance. Even they offered the help to get taxi, by just calling them, and they will order taxi to fetch us in an appointed post. It broke the communication barrier with the taxi driver, as well as ensuring I could get taxi. After bad experience with taxi from the airport in Moscow who charged me 5 times the usual fare.... the gesture from these follows really cured my hurt feeling... and change my perspective about Russia in general.

The staff always greeted me with smile and waving me, whenever I passed front office - I experienced only in this hotel. In cold rainy weather, small thing that could really cheer us up, given that we are travelling long way to Russia.

The room is good, clean, and off course very unique. We thought that we might wrongly choose hotel, because it has mural painting in the walls, having Japanesse animation figures, very youthful theme of which we had perception the hotel is for young people, and we might be out of place.... but apparently the guests are mix of older and young people, office workers and tourists like us. So we feel fine, and even enjoyed the unique design of the hotel. The glass window is spread from side to top - give funny but delightful experience. Oh ya... the clock on the TV (a girl painting the numbers to indicate time... is creative, made us laughing too).
Apparently each floor has different animation theme. We were in second floor, and it has Japanesse Theme of wall mural design.

The dining room is really comfy. The design is like those older days kitchen, very warm feeling. The foods are also good, essential basics are there. The staff there (a tall young man) always stand by, very observant and quickly remove dirty utensils once we finished having something.

Location wise - not very far from city center. We tried slow walk from city center, and its fine. There is also bus stop close by, metro station is within 15 minutes slow walk (mind that we are 60 years old couple, probably its half the time for young people).
Many supermarkets, cafes and restaurants are within vicinity - good options to get something to eat/drink or to just relax.

I will definitely come back if I visit the town, I will also recommend others to stay here.

Room tip: Be anticipated, the hotel does not provide water kettle in the room, else are fine
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Dewi! Thank you for choosing Red Stars Hotel for your recent stay in St. Petersburg. Your kind feedback is important for us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! Best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed many times at Red Stars hotel and cannot say anything else than positive about this place. So close to Mariinsky and Novaja Gollandia and in the same modern feeling than those two.
None of that old fashioned heavy Russian soviet style rather like a boutique hotel in soho. I want to come back many more times and will come for sure!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Martti, thank you for review. Your feedback is important for us! We are glad to hear that you enjoy your staying at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! Best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Comfortable stylish rooms in quiet location. Staff were always polite with a professional attitude and speak perfect English. I was greeted with a smile on arrival and could help myself to a complimentary berry juice. Throughout my stay I was impressed with the wonderful customer service. I was helped with arranging a sightseeing excursion, and when it came to food the classic Russian dishes from the menu were so delicious I thanked the chef personally.

In the Suite there were two separate air conditioning systems for both bedroom and lounge areas which cooled the rooms instantly, and also whisper quiet in operation.

The room features a luxury Lavazza coffee machine which was a nice feature, and complimentary bottles of top-brand mineral water are also provided. Spotlessly clean and very nice decoration. I slept really well.

Additional features: Fridge and a safe in the room. Ironing room on second floor. Will visit again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Red_Stars_Manager, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Red Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Red Stars Hotel for your recent stay in St. Petersburg. Your feedback is important for us! We are glad to hear that you enjoy your staying at our hotel. Looking forward to see you again! Best regards, Ershova Olga / Guest Relation Manager