Hotel Hyundai
Primorye Hotel(Vladivostok)
Teplo(Vladivostok)
Hotel Zhemchuzhina(Vladivostok)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskorean restaurantbusiness hotelsky barnice citylambthe air conditioningthe main squaregolden eagle tourcold windcity attractionsbusiness classwestern foodtrans siberian railwaythe entire hotelhotel stafffirst floorexcellent hotel
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I used this hotel for 3 nights while in Vladivostok for a course; the hotel is very nice, quite high standard. the room was clean and modern well equipped with all the necessary things.
the 3 restaurants/bars can carer for your needs and tastes.
I found the staff pretty professional and helpful, definitely a good choice, I will use it again if in Vladivostok.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank ricky v
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

This is a really nicely located hotel and is in the centre of town, overlooking the bay which gives great views if you get the right room, which I was fortunate to have. Staff were all really pleasant and helpful, check in took all of 30seconds, and they were always professional.

However, I imagine in summer this would be a difficult place to stay - the air con is centrally controlled so you can’t dictate the temperature, as I found out after some fiddling. Prices are pretty exorbitant for what you get, in my view. The rooms aren’t very well decorated for a 5 star place - bit shabby and worn, towels thin, tile grouting all peeling off in bathroom, old fashioned decor and paper thin walls. You can easily hear people walking by or having conversations in the corridor - I was here in a quiet season but this would be an issue in high season when there are crowds of tourists. There was a nod to some technology in the room - a keypad that turns out the lights but also, as I discovered, shuts off all electricity along one wall, where my phone was being charged. So a difficult choice- forego my phone or sleep with the light on all night to charge it. I called maintenance who sent a nice guy who resolved this situation by unscrewing the bulbs. I mean, I guess it did fix the problem.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank AdamDalgliesh
Reviewed 28 December 2017

the location of this hotel is everything. it is basically in the center of the city. downtown , good restaurants and cafes, the main square, all within walking distance from the hotel. stayed here for 5 nights and it was a good day. the room is quite basic but clean and well maintained. staffs are friendly and helpful. some upgrades in the room will be nice.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank shahrul79
Reviewed 18 December 2017

The Hyundai is a business hotel, and might be thought a bit bland, or lacking in character. Did we care? We had just spent sixty-nine hours on the Trans-Siberian Railway, travelling from Irkutsk , and they let us check in at 8 a.m. After cramped quarters on the train, a large, bland, international hotel room was just what we wanted. It was well located. The breakfast was probably the best we had on our entire trip, whether on the train or off. Reading the instructions for the Japanese-style heated toilet was a source of harmless amusement.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My memory of Hyundai is influenced by a morning when we came to the busy breakfast room and said that we have 15 minutes to get our breakfasts. They organised a table, sent people to pick our choices and got us going in time (we were on a Golden Eagle tour, with busses waiting). Other than that our room was good business class, the front desk was efficient (not always the case in Russia) and the entire hotel was clean and well maintained. Final detail, there was a conference going on and people lit their cigarettes in the lobby. The hotel bouncers were extremely efficient!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple