“Great spot in the City Center with traditional food”

Restaurant Timisoreana
Ranked #69 of 299 Restaurants in Timisoara
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Very confusing menu, but the food was great. Luckily we had a local guide along to help us order.

We were there late at night, just before closing, but we were told that they can be very busy, particularly on weekends.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went to try this place last weekend but the food was pretty average, however the prices were pretty Ok and the service was friendly.
I had the grilled chicken with cherry top and potatoes in foil but it was kind of average, the chicken was a bit dry and the potatoes were pretty average at taste. I enjoyed however my brother's zingara pork scallop which was a nice surprise, even though it didn't had a nice plating it was very tasty, done with white wine. I also like my mother's beef ragout which was pretty good. However the other food I tasted was pretty bad, my wife had a stuffed chicken breast but it had no vegetables as written in the menu, just mushroom that looked that they were taken from a can so not very fresh, plus it had a pretty bad sauce on it, where you can taste the flour used for it (some kind of strange flour base sauce). The food used to be better here a some years ago, now is pretty average but the location is very nice and the prices are fair.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The food was good but the service was horrible. Impolite waiter. We had to ask several times to get a beer or for the salad that we had already ordered.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I were at Timisoreana to make lunch.
The staff was quite kind. I took some pork stew with polenta and potatoes,it was a very huge plate. It was really good .
The only default was the wine. I'll take a glass of red wine. They don't open the bottle in front of me despite I expected and the wine wasn't good at all.
Good price, really cheap. I spent more and less 6/7 euros that is 29 lei.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We tried yo get a table for two.. after finally chasing down a waiter we were very rudely turned away and nearly pushed out.. not a good experience at all :-(