L'Fisher Hotel
US$35
Travelocity
US$18
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbacolod citygreat breakfast buffetrooftop pooll fisher hotelthe air conditioningl' fisherthe main hotelneeds renovationmasskara festivalcity of smilesenjoyed my staydouble bedbusiness tripcentral locationbottled waterbig roomthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2016

My co dancers stayed in this hotel very shortly after our company Xmas party. All I can say is that the room is nice and I was happy because I did not missed the MAMA awards because they have cable connection. The comfort room was clean and they offered extra towels. The place is peaceful and you can really relax. The event venue was great as well.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

I tried the super deluxe on my last visit but spent most of my time on the chalet roof so thought I would cut the walking:)

The chalet is simpler than the main hotel and clearly not as nicely appointed but still perfect for my purposes and considerably cheaper.

I was irritated by two stupid things. The shower has a whole in the wall between the shower and the bathroom deliberately put there to put your soap on. As such it makes a great passage for water to pass from the shower to all over the rest of the bathroom. Secondly the suitcase stand is only suitable for over night luggage. An 80+ litre suitcase needs to be balanced to stop it falling over!!

The breakfast is a long walk but it has improved since my last visit.

Otherwise no complaints and will stay here again on my next visit!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Icsrkh
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

To the staff at L'Fisher Hotel thank you for making our stay enjoyed. Your service and helpful assistance was appreciated.
The location of the hotel was great.
Enjoyed the pool area great way to relax after work.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2016

Not a new hotel by any means though the repainting of the atrium has made it look a lot better. On the plus side, the size and appearance of the room, the convenient location in the centre of town near restaurants and shops, the excellent large swimming pool on top of the Chalet block, the quality of the a la carte food (the breakfast buffet is extensive but not of the same quality). On the minus side, the big old air-conditioner that blasts you in bed, the room safe not working, the slightly worn feel of all the fittings, the loud piano music in the foyer.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are bare (no carpet), bright and uninviting. Choose a carpeted deluxe room..
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2016

I generally find hotels in Bacolod subpar compared to the image that Negros projects (rich, classy and tasteful descendants of the sugar barons, etc). So when we booked a week before our arrival at L'Fisher Hotel, I did not expect much, after all, we were only able to book a room at the econtel and at a discounted rate. Surprisingly, the rooms and the linens looked and smelled clean. The child in us enjoyed the overhead (rain) shower and the swimming pool, The swimming pool is divine. We swam on a Tuesday and the water was divinely clean! If you like to see a view of the seaports of Bacolod, then the pool area is a photoop for you. The staff were accommodating and helpful. Another plus point of this hotel is that it is near C's and Calea which I think are the best places to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Our only concern was safety and security. Econtel is located on the second floor of a shopping arcade with a popular Chinese restaurant. Access to the rooms are through the stairs and the elevator. We did not see any security measure that guarantees that the accommodation area will be exclusive for guests only. The security guards posted outside the arcade/econtel did not even inspect the bags of people entering the building. This can be an issue especially at daytime. I also like to point out that until now, L'Fisher is still using the generic soap that looked and smelled cheap. The Management has already invested in improving the hotel's facilities, why not the whole nine yards?

Next time, we will call to book even earlier so that we can reserve a room at the Chalet.

Stayed: November 2016