“Offers a variety of food from breakfast to dinner!”

Maria Kucina Familia
Ranked #30 of 318 Restaurants in Bacolod
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

When I go home and visit my family,
I usually look forward to a first breakfast here. I love both hamonado and recado chorizo. Serving is more than enough.

The owner continues to reinvent and sometimes there’s something new on one’s next visit. They have homemade ice cream, too.

Plenty to choose from on the menu. The place is a renovated house converted into a family restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Maria Kusina Familia is definitely one of the best restaurant in Bacolod. I was here with son for dinner a couple of times and I would say that this should be on top of the list if your visiting Bacolod. We really like the homey ambiance and the food as well. The reasonable price points are really good as I'm used to the high prices in Manila. I have yet to see another restaurant with the nice aspects that Maria Kusina has.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Bent G
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Ate here again with colleagues and had a much better experience. I ordered the garlic spareribs and it was great! My wofe ordered ceasars salad and squid sisig and they were also good. Apple pie ala mode for dessert was also great. Our servers were also prompt thus making our experience even better!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Came here for breakfast and it was superb! Customer service was thumbs up! Food was delicious. I say, one of the best restaurants here in Bacolod. Still have to try their lunch and dinner mains, though.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Busdik
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We attended a conference in Bacolod City and we had some time to try out the restaurants the city had to offer. Having tried the Inasal restos in the city and our luggage full of the local goodies (Piaya, etc) for the traditional giveaways to friends and relatives, it was time to try the "newer" restos of Bacolod.

Maria Kucina appears to be a residence converted to a restaurant with new sections/extensions added as its clientele grew. This created a resto layout with no centralized plan but led to a lot of quiet corners that made the resto cozy...for a quiet dinner for 2 or a big group like ours. Ambiance with its simple decors added to the pleasant dining experience.

The airconditioning, a must in tropical Philippines, was set just right. No drafts and no hot/cold spots that would make guests change seats.

We were in a group of about 12 and thankfully reserved a private room so our noise, aided by the single malt scotch, would not disturb other guests.

Ah yes... I almost forgot the food...a pleasant blend of east and west without trying hard to develop new dishes for the sake of just being different. I ordered the blue marlin and the callos which did not disappoint....and the desserts *(try them all!!!) were fitting for a resto in Bacolod which is ground zero of Philippine sugarlandia.

Sorry Doc, I will pass on the Fasting Blood Sugar test this time.

Prices were reasonable, given the tasty food.

Service was very good, having one waiter assigned to our group at all times.

Parking was not a problem as we rode in two vans but space might be tight for big groups using cars instead of vans.

Bottom line? Once you are done tasting the local seafood and inasal restos of Bacolod City, Maria Kucina Familia should be on your list of restos to visit.

Date of visit: June 2018