O Hotel
Luxur Place(Bacolod)
Royal Am Rei(Bacolod)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbacolod citybuffet breakfastcozy roomstaff were courteouswifi connectioncentral locationhome away from homeair conditionerroom ratebasic amenitieshot waterrobinsons mallpianistjohnnylumhousekeepingroosters
Reviewed 7 August 2016

It was a long flight from New York to O hotel in Bacolod City but it was definitely worth it. We had a blast! This hotel is very centrally located and is convenient to everything. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed their breakfast especially the arroz caldo (Filipino dish). We are definitely coming back to O hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Breakfast is very excellent. The channel selection of cable TV is very various. These are pros.

But so many cons. Cleaning staff was very noisy outside rooms. They always spoke in the round voices on corridors. Since I caught a cold and had a fever, I wanted to sleep in my room calmly. But these voices did not enable me to have a sleep.

The worst is no Internet connection-I had been annoyed with this. I have to do my job though the Internet. When my friend made a reservation, a hotel staff said that Internet connection in the room was available.
However, I was NOT ABLE TO CONNECT AT ALL to the Internet in my room during my stay. I strongly complained to a hotel staff and the hotel gave me another Internet connection at the hotel’s café. It was very inconvenient because I had to go there when I needed to use my PC. The Hotel seemed not to make efforts to fix this problem, in spite of my complaints.
No internet connection were also occurred because I found a guest who claimed about it same as I

I NEVER recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

I hate to make a poor review of a place based on one criteria as it does not seem fair.

Good things: location, big rooms, clean

Bad things: super weak to non existent internet in rooms, even the lobby Internet is spotty. Hotel restaurant gets overwhelmed easily if there are too many diners.

For a hotel with an image that the "O" is projecting, they simply MUST improve their WiFi. It is in the middle of a city and is frequented by business travelers I am sure.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank stonewithnomoss
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I'd still go back to this hotel but would request I be placed away from the road. There are also two things that hotel management needs to attend to: (1) fix aircon -- it's not able to cool the entire room; (2) inform staff to keep bath mat/rug off the sink -- put it on the toilet bowl cover (mistook it for a hand towel).

Until I came back to Bacolod the next week and stayed at another hotel, I didn't quite appreciate the breakfast buffet spread here. I thought theirs is a better breakfast buffet than other hotels within the same price range.

The parking area was a convenient feature for our group that brought a van to Bacolod.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Spent 3 nights in Bacolod to see Side A perform in concert at the nearby SMX convention Centre.
Looked online and found the O Hotel, called the hotel direct and made a reservation (better rate than Online agents, and included breakfast).
Check in was great and the room 414 was reasonable, comfortable with good if basic facilities.
Comfortable bed, and tv had a reasonable channel selection. Breakfast was a Filipino buffet, but was actually quite good.
Ate in the restaurant one day, and that was a mistake! I chose Fish and Chips, the fish was ok but chips cooked at too low a temperature and had soaked up a great deal of oil, so inedible.
Overall this is a great budget hotel, a good place to stay in Bacolod.

Pros: location, close to SM and Port area.
Staff are generally friendly and helpful.
Cons: wifi only working intermittently.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends