“NO INTERNET CONNECTION IN ROOMS!”
Review of O Hotel

O Hotel
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Breakfast is very excellent. The channel selection of cable TV is very various. These are pros.

But so many cons. Cleaning staff was very noisy outside rooms. They always spoke in the round voices on corridors. Since I caught a cold and had a fever, I wanted to sleep in my room calmly. But these voices did not enable me to have a sleep.

The worst is no Internet connection-I had been annoyed with this. I have to do my job though the Internet. When my friend made a reservation, a hotel staff said that Internet connection in the room was available.
However, I was NOT ABLE TO CONNECT AT ALL to the Internet in my room during my stay. I strongly complained to a hotel staff and the hotel gave me another Internet connection at the hotel’s café. It was very inconvenient because I had to go there when I needed to use my PC. The Hotel seemed not to make efforts to fix this problem, in spite of my complaints.
No internet connection were also occurred because I found a guest who claimed about it same as I

I NEVER recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

I hate to make a poor review of a place based on one criteria as it does not seem fair.

Good things: location, big rooms, clean

Bad things: super weak to non existent internet in rooms, even the lobby Internet is spotty. Hotel restaurant gets overwhelmed easily if there are too many diners.

For a hotel with an image that the "O" is projecting, they simply MUST improve their WiFi. It is in the middle of a city and is frequented by business travelers I am sure.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank stonewithnomoss
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

I'd still go back to this hotel but would request I be placed away from the road. There are also two things that hotel management needs to attend to: (1) fix aircon -- it's not able to cool the entire room; (2) inform staff to keep bath mat/rug off the sink -- put it on the toilet bowl cover (mistook it for a hand towel).

Until I came back to Bacolod the next week and stayed at another hotel, I didn't quite appreciate the breakfast buffet spread here. I thought theirs is a better breakfast buffet than other hotels within the same price range.

The parking area was a convenient feature for our group that brought a van to Bacolod.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Spent 3 nights in Bacolod to see Side A perform in concert at the nearby SMX convention Centre.
Looked online and found the O Hotel, called the hotel direct and made a reservation (better rate than Online agents, and included breakfast).
Check in was great and the room 414 was reasonable, comfortable with good if basic facilities.
Comfortable bed, and tv had a reasonable channel selection. Breakfast was a Filipino buffet, but was actually quite good.
Ate in the restaurant one day, and that was a mistake! I chose Fish and Chips, the fish was ok but chips cooked at too low a temperature and had soaked up a great deal of oil, so inedible.
Overall this is a great budget hotel, a good place to stay in Bacolod.

Pros: location, close to SM and Port area.
Staff are generally friendly and helpful.
Cons: wifi only working intermittently.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank saf7670
Reviewed May 28, 2016

We stayed at O Hotel for 2 nights.
Pros:
1) Room 404 is spacious with 2 queen-sized beds
2) Amenities:
*Aircon is well-situated, strong, and silent. It is nowhere near either of our beds so none of us wake up with a running nose which we usually get when we sleep with the aircon above our heads.
*Miniref is available for use which we did.
*Water heater available but we did not use it.
*Shower has strong pressure and very comfortable to use.
*They provide shampoo and soap if that matters to you. We actually used the soap and they were of good quality.
*The beds and pillows are comfortable, not too hard nor too soft. Same goes with the bed linens. They are not luxurious but smells and feels clean.
3) Included buffet breakfast (which we tried the first day only) is actually good and filling. With the dining place looking cozy and clean. You can request your eggs to be done anyway you want it. They have a standby guy who does that for you.
4) The hotel restaurant serves food even up to the middle of the night and they cook them fast. I forgot what's the name of the food I ordered but it was certainly delicious and with generous servings (it was pork steak? I'm not really sure) The seafood chowder however is not to my taste but I don't think that is the fault of the restaurant. It's just personal preference.
5) I had not much interaction with the hotel staff because I arrived super late at night but based on my conversation with my companion who came earlier, they were helpful and very accommodating.

Cons:
1) Location: It is difficult to find. There are no well-known landmarks near it. When I asked my companion to ask the hotel what is the nearest landmark, they answered that it is near the lagoon but in reality it is not that near and is not much help to my driver who seems to be getting lost. I suggest that the hotel put up some directional signs to help people who got lost like me.
2) Bath towels: They are clean and thick enough but rough.

Overall:
I would still recommend the hotel as an option to anybody who is staying in Bacolod. The room quality and the rate inclusions are worth the money one will be spending in there. Especially if you are travelling as a couple or in groups of 2.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business