The Sugarland Hotel
US$26
US$37
US$32
Agoda.com
The Inns Bacolod by The Oriental(Bacolod)(Great Value!)
US$24
TripAdvisor
US$77
US$52
Agoda.com
All reviewsfunction roombusy roadthe swimming pool areabreakfast buffetroom servicethird floorclean bathroomtwistweddingadventelevatoraranetasignalshampoopaxbudget
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms. Rooms all have poor lighting and some of the rooms need an upgrade. Towels on each room clearly needs to be changed as it was already a bit yellowish. Breakfast was mediocre. It was a buffet breakfast but only a few choices. Coffee needs improvement

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel was conviniently located. It has good but old rooms. The breakfast was by the pool and was also good.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. They were also quite helpful when we needed details of the festival.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I booked for this hotel because I have nowhere else to go. My two top choices are already on full occupancy and I immediately click the bait coz the price is affordable (strd room 2,500).even on maskara festival rate.
As soon as i stepped out of the vehicle the guard/bell boy just stood there and did not assist us on our luggage. Second I informed the clerk that I have a reservation (which is under my name) and I was replied by a "what mam?". no courtesy or whatsoever. Third, as soon as i get my key card Im left dumbfounded as it is my first time to check in at sugarland I was not informed what to do next. I was not told where the stairs are, or even the elevator. My room is on the second floor but i have two baggages and Im with my 5 year old child. No one , and i mean no one came to assist us plus The front desk did not even ask for any assistance from anyone around to carry our things.
Im not at all satisfied and because of this I have a problem thinking about the experience that I cant Relax and I sleep at night overthinking and comparing Sugarland to other hotels. I am so glad that I'll be home tomorrow coz i kept wondering,, do we deserve to be treated a little bit unspecial because we.paid for the standard room?
but anyways, I really wanna go home Where i can lay on my comfy bed, cuddle with my child at night because by then, I wont have any arguments with my husband Just because they put us at the farthest corridor near the fire exit where there is no.signal.for mobile data and where there is horrendously poor internet connection.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The hote is conveniently located, a wslking distance from city mall goldenfields where you could have everuthing that you need, food, atm machines, groceries, bars and even doa services. The hotel though is a bit old and reslly smells like one. The food is fair and the waiters are attentive. The room just like other hotels tryies to save on space, toiletries very basic, a piece of soap, sachet of shampoo and a roll of toilet paper. The phone was out of order all throughout our two days of stay just like their toilet bowl that requires some repair. I will not vrecommend this hotel to peole who are a bit picky unless all other hotels in the vicinity are fully booked.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This used to be one of Bacolod's top hotel when Goldenfields was still THE place to go to in Bacolod and the airport was still around the corner. However, with the advent of malls and newer hotels, Sugarland has taken a backseat to some extent. What's good though is that it retained its personality. Add to that refurbishments of the rooms while retaining their rustic feel with the furniture and the flooring. The feel is the same as in their heydays and when I first stayed 20 years ago.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business