The Sugarland Hotel
US$31
US$26
US$42
Agoda.com
The Inns Bacolod by The Oriental(Bacolod)(Great Value!)
US$23
  • Restaurant
Royal Am Rei(Bacolod)
US$13
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfunction roombusy roadthe swimming pool areabreakfast buffetroom servicethird floorclean bathroomtwistweddingadventelevatoraranetasignalshampoopaxbudget
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I checked into Sugarland on Sept 24,2016 with my 13 year old son and stayed one night in room 217. I have two complaints:
First complaint: My son wanted to take a shower and go to bed and found no hot water. About 8:50 PM I called and told the girl who answered that we had no hot water, she said she would call maintenance, I kept calling about every 20 minutes and each time I received the same reply until the fifth and last time I called at 10 PM and told the man who answered that we wanted another room as this room had no hot water. I received the same nonsense that he would call maintenance. I told him that was not good enough that this was the fifth time I'd been told that and insisted on another room. 20 minutes later a man came to the room and fixed the hot water so my son was able to shower and go to bed.
Second complaint: Their web site advised breakfast was include in the price. We had breakfast and were given a bill for 300 pesos I protested and was told that there was only one free breakfast per room. As there were two of us in the room we had to pay for one meal,

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank robert h
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel serves really good food! I sometimes drop by to have breakfast here. I also love the suite we stayed in. Modern vitage theme i guess. Certainly a place if youre thinking of having a staycation.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann Loraine R
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I went here after I could no longer stay in the hotel I originally booked (Eastview hotel, don't go there...). This one is a little bit higher priced, but still very cheap. The hotel staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are basic, but sufficient. Beds are good, the bathroom a little worn out. AC is ancient, but it works. Basically I am just happy to be able to switch hotels...

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2016

one of the better hotels but everything is also from grandma time , its a good place not far from planta hotel ent not far from shopping mal, if you normally always take hotel of sheraton hotel then wil this one not your best one. the people do them best to give you good service. we try also the resto..not bad but simpel. the give us room on streetsite that was noisy.

Room Tip: not the streetsite
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Our rooms were next to the emergency exit door that was always open and outside was where they keep their junks and people were working there constantly. There's only one very small elevator that could carry only 3 people. We found a roach roaming around and the hallways had a foul smell of rotten fruit. The room smelled like cigarette smoke yet we reserved non smoking rooms. Limited parking. The staff were friendly though.

Room Tip: Friendly staff. Limited parking. Smelly hallways. Non smoking room smelled cigarette.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends