“Sodam Good that I'm going back soon!”
Review of Sodam

Sodam
Ranked #53 of 318 Restaurants in Bacolod
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I'm not much for Korean food but this worth going back for a 2nd time! Street parking can be a little tight during the lunch & early dinner hour - but you probably need a little more exercise anyway.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Sodam is probably one of the best korean restaurant you’ll find in bacolod, owners are very accomodating they gave us unlimited side dishes, free soup and ice cream. Me and my friends has enjoyed dining with them! I will deffinately come back on my next trip in August 2018 for my friend’s birthday

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Always seems to crowded and seats just adequate. food was similar to that I knew from 9 years living in Korea, mostly table bar-b q. They earn a lot of money from soju and other Korean drinks, owner and his mother are very friendly and helpful, and smart.e.g. he gave us free food and we ordered many more drinks. Outstanding pechu kimchee.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Yummy!!!! A favorite of mine and my friends. The servings are huge, making it worth the price. Perfect for sharing. Just thinking about their food is making me hungry. Ask for recommendations from the manager. They're amazing.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I have been recommended by a friend who loved this restaurant. I have been craving Korean food for a while and decided to take his advice and give this place a try.

Location: Sodam, I would consider a hole-in-the-wall sort of restaurant. It felt family owned, and I was told it was. It is located conveniently at Lacson Street and although there were no designated parking areas, we did not have difficulty finding a spot right in front of the restaurant. Soon as you walk in, a gentleman, whom I believe was the owner, greets you warmly. The aircon were not as strong as they should but it was a cool night so it really didn't bother us. There were already a few patrons grilling on their tables and we didn't notice any smoke. The staff were quick and helpful.
Food: We were right away served with our banchan which consisted of kimchi, bean sprouts (I believe called Namul), Pickled radish, sweet potato mash and Japchae which was to die for! We ordered Bibimbap, Kimbap combo, Cheese Egg Rolls, Mandu, and Seafood and Scallion Pancakes (Pajeon). All of which are amazing. There was a lot of food for two people. Their menu says 'good for 1' but I would say each serving is at least good for 2 people. The Bibimbap was perfectly seasoned.The Kimbap disappeared really quickly and the Cheese Eggroll reminded of the folded omeletttes I had as a child although slightly overcooked. The Seafood and Scallion Pancake dipped lightly in Soy sauce was the main event and it didn't disappoint. It was fluffy but substantial. Flavorful yet mild despite the abundance of the scallions. The Mandu was little on the salty side however. I have been to a more upscale Korean restaurant across the Guimaras straight and although their food was decent, Sodam offered better tasting fares.
Price: For all the food we had plus two drinks, the price was shockingly affordable! We were so pleasantly surprised and we had a full brown bag of left overs to take home!
Service: The owner came to our table a handful of times to ask us how we were doing and how we liked our food which I thought was really nice. It made us feel like he really cared about our experience in his restaurant. At the end of the meal he came over to give us free Melona Ice Cream which was a welcome touch after a wonderful meal.

Conclusion: I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends especially those who would like to experience Korean food for the first time. The menu is varied, the service was great, the price was reasonable and the food----well, let's say I will be thinking of it until the next time I go back there!

Date of visit: October 2017