All reviews chicken house breakfast buffet ice plant crispy salmon lengua nice hotel different story room service ala carte one night stay smoking area water heater swimming pool needs improvement front desk staff mini bar mini ref
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Got the superior room for two people for two days. It was ok until our neighboring rooms got so noisy, had their doors opened, talking and walking across the hall. These people must have been here in a big group. I'm sure they could be heard all the way to the reception but they didn't do anything about it until I called in a complaint at 10 PM. Another issue I have with this hotel is : I booked for 2 people, for 2 nights but we only get one breakfast per day ??? What , they presume the other person doesn't eat breakfast??? Strange set up. This was part of our Bacolod site inspection for our future tour groups from the US. Will be checking out other options.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank william g
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My recent stay was last February 03 to attend a nephew's baptismal party. I arrived late afternoon to find their parking (which is quite insufficient considering they have multiple ballrooms and function rooms)- Full. Although I noticed that there were easily more than half a dozen open spaces marked "For Owner's Only".After a futile search of going around several times looking for a parking space, i decided to temporarily park on a side corner staying inside the car with my hazard lights on. The hotel security guard approached me and told me Not to park there. I explained to him that this was temporary while waiting for a vehicle to pull out and i'm waiting in a side corner with does not obstruct traffic flow. I further explained that i have a booked room. He was so rude and outright arrogant and insisted that i get out of the hotel premises and find a parking space somewhere else! In the room, the television set was a miniature 18" that you need extra pair of eyeglasses to watch from your bed! The bathroom tiles look old and the sorroundings worn out. This Hotel has potential with its quaint Mediterranean appeal and location but badly needs prepping up on some areas and some personnel especially the security badly needs a crash course on PR and Courtesy!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank albertlavistahighlan
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked overnight stay in Planta Centro with my family. I booked a non-smoking room but we smelled a smoke of the cigarette when we entered. There's only one light on the ceiling which is near the door. They're using lampshades as the main source of lights in the bedroom. It is fine but the 1 lamp shade is not working. The wifi is not working too. I asked for new pillow cases since the pillows inside the cabinets are dusty.

During the breakfast, I've noticed that the hotel staff at the dining area were not approachable or it's hard for them to acknowledge my request. I requested a scrambled egg but the cook didn't acknowledge it or bothered to say anything. He kept on cooking an omelet. I have to wait for another Cook to prepare my request. I called the waitress and even said excuse me but she only looked at me and kept on walking.

If you're looking for an overnight stay and not so picky, I think you can still choose Planta. They just need to maintain the hotel and its cleanliness and improve their amenities and customer service.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank 771gigi
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Because of a typhoon, we could't get the ferry to Iloilo. So we search for a hotel and found the Planta Centro. We booked 2 rooms as we were with 6. They gave us a connecting room which was very nice. The swimmingpool is small, but nice to cooldown a bit.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent location, a picturesque building, and housekeeping responded quickly to unclog the toilet early in the morning. Housekeeping responded quickly to bring an additional bed in the room. Front desk generously provided extra rolls of toilet paper and extra towels.

In the bathroom, there were no hand towels nor face towels, although combs were provided. The blue striped bath towels, which resembled beach towels, and floor mats were beyond gently used and were off-white. However, on the last cleaning day, the shower curtain was replaced with a brand new curtain-one can even see the creases in the newly unfolded curtain. Also, the worn towels were replaced with bright white and fluffy bath towels plus one new hand towel. Wished the clean linens were available from the start.

No bidet in the toilet. The shampoo packaging needs to be re-labeled from Sham Poo.

The cabinet looked grungy and needed dusting. Only two hangers were provided. For a two occupant room, other hotels usually provide at least 6-8 hangers.

The sheets and bed linens were slightly stained.

Breakfast buffet was simple. The beef tapa was delicious-but inly available ala carte. One suggestion- with the unique, delectable muscovado sugar Negros offers, encourage your guests to try that with their coffee and tea. Leave the artificial sweeteners in the coffee station instead of including two packs on the saucer where coffee is served. Waste can be minimized by providing artificial sweeteners only upon request.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family