“A New Hostel in Bacolod City”
Review of The Hostelry

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bacolod
The Hostelry
Pasig, Philippines
“A New Hostel in Bacolod City”
Reviewed November 6, 2016

The Hostelry and Residences at Roli’s is a new hostel in Bacolod located along La Salle Avenue. It is conveniently situated in such a way that it is easily accessible via public transport. The Hostelry offers a number of accommodation types.

We stayed in one of the hostels’ bunk beds room since we were a party of four. The room was really spacious. The room is air-conditioned. It has two bunk beds and cabinets. The room also comes with fresh towels and complimentary bar soap. The bathroom is also spacious. It has hot and cold waters for both the sink and the shower area that is really a good find for its rate per bunk bed.

• Stayed September 2016, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2016

My friend gave me a blog about this place when I asked her where can I stay in Bacolod, searched for it and booked directly and paid cash when I arrived the hotel.

The Hostelry is pleasant surprise for me -- I got a "matrimonial" room - simple, comfy bed, spacious and really clean place to spend the night. It only provides soap and soft cotton towels - no shampoo and other bath amenities. Maybe they cut on those "luxuries" so it can offer low price.

It doesn't have TV and Wifi is only accessible in the lobby. It also doesn't have free nottled drinking water, but there's Roli Cafe just in front of the reception area and a convenience store about 50 meters away, so it's OK for me. Roli's Cafe opens at 7:00am on weekdays and 9:00am on weekends till 9:00pm. It's quite famous for it's "napoleones" pastry.

I particularly like the mural of peacock in the lobby, it provides a confortable easy feel about the modern-looking hostel.

The Hostelry is at very near La Salle, which could really be very busy during before and after school.

Room Tip: there are different types of room that caters to groups and single-occupancy that travellers can cho...
  • Stayed June 2016, traveled solo
3 Thank 143Malou
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I accidentally discovered The Hostelry online, and I'm glad I booked it! I stayed at the spacious dorm room which has four bunk beds, huge lockers, and its own bathroom. Each bed has its own lamp, socket, a hook, and curtain. They also provide each guest with a bar of soap and a really nice and clean towel.

Its proximity to a university makes going around easy; a lot of jeepneys pass by La Salle Avenue. There's no free breakfast (like the usual hostel toast and jam) but there's a restaurant downstairs which has affordable breakfast options. Jollibee and McDonald's is just a stone's throw away. If you get hungry in the middle of the night, you can just go to the nearby 7-11 store. The area seems safe and walking around isn't a problem.

The Hostelry was on its soft opening during my stay, but the staff were already warm and accommodating. The directions they gave me to points of interest were easy to understand and accurate. However, they didn't have an idea about the bus schedule to Dumaguete when I asked. Maybe they should keep a schedule on hand in the future.

Overall, I loved my stay at The Hostelry that I recommended it to the travelers I met in Dumaguete and Siquijor. Though I wish they'd put rugs in the bathroom but I believe it's a very minor issue and that can be easily resolved by the management.

• Stayed June 2016, traveled solo
1 Thank Danya R
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 26, 2016

At the suggestion of a friend, I booked a night at The Hostelry without high expectations. It's a hostel: inexpensive accommodation, shared space, no perks.

When I walked in, I easily fell in love with the place. The peacock mural on the wall was a good welcome. The reception area was cute, and the staff were friendly and conversant.

I was surprised with their matrimonial room. Spacious. Good lighting and layout. There's a square painting on the wall, which gave the minimalist room an elegant feel. The toilet and bath were separate, which I liked, as it made the small bathroom space special. The beddings were fresh, all corners of the room clean, no chipped paint anywhere.

When I looked at the other rooms, they were all presentable. The bunk beds and single rooms offer shared space to travelers on the go, it's like living in a dormitory. There are lockers, so no issues about safety of your items.

I think this hostel is the best choice for accommodation in Bacolod so far. Affordable, excellent service, good amenities. In short, wow. I won't be guilty recommending this hostel to anyone because it delivers its promise, even exceeds it, in fact. That's
why I stayed for two days here instead of just the planned overnight stay.

Room Tip: There's no wifi in this hostel.
  • Stayed June 2016, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aris M
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 1, 2016

My stay at The Hostelry was wonderful.

First of all, finding the hostel was a breeze. I went to Bacolod by bus (south terminal) and the hostel was just a single ride (La Salle-bound jeepneys) away. You can ask the driver to drop you off at Roli's arcade. The hostel's signage is visible.

I went there in May 2016 and they were still in their soft opening phase but I found their operations commendable. I requested a reservation for a bunk bed via their Facebook page and they replied promptly, answering my queries and providing me with payment details (paid via bank deposit). When I arrived at the hostel, the staff were very accommodating. They even provided me with instructions on how to get to certain places and advised me on travel time, etc.

The hostel's layout is straightforward. The reception desk is the first thing you see going in. There are sofas next to it. The ground floor is where the private rooms are while the second floor is for shared rooms. Climbing up the stairs was easy but the staff still offered to help me with my bag. :) The common room at the second floor is neat. I appreciate that while each of the shared rooms has a bathroom, the hostel also provides a bathroom for common use (just in case!).

I found the room I occupied very clean to both sight and smell. The lights were a warm tone. The A/C worked well. The bathroom also appeared well-kept. The shower and toilet area are separate. There was hot/cold water in the shower. The sink was spacious and it was nice to have a full-width mirror and good lighting.

I booked a bunk bed and what I loved about the bunk beds is that each has a curtain that you can draw around it, allowing for some privacy. Each bed also has a lamp and a wall hook for hanging. The hostel even provided towels and complementary soap! :) The beds are numbered so it's easy to find your assigned bed. Each guest is also assigned a locker (you can bring your own lock but the hostel also rents out padlocks).

I loved every bit of my stay at The Hostelry. The one problem I had was with the water supply stopping on the day that I was to checkout but I believe that, given how they're still on soft opening, they already have that fixed by now.

I highly recommend this hostel and hope that they get everything smoothly running in the coming weeks. I look forward to staying there again! :)

• Stayed May 2016, traveled solo