See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I enjoyed a great few weeks at SDR Apartments. The area is very convenient. I loved the proximity to Marina Mall, restaurants and the local Starbucks. I played golf at the course near SDR. It was 5 minutes by taxi. I loved chilling at the yacht club for sundowners. SDR staff were extremely helpful and helped to make my stay terrific. They pointed out many local places that I would never had found myself. The apartment itself was great. It had a kitchen which allowed me to avoid expensive restaurant charges and enjoy the local seafood which was cheap and could be purchased from Save More Supermarket 5 minute walk from the apartments. For the price I paid, I was delighted with what I got. I will be back in the future to enjoy the friendly charms of the Cebuanos and SDR will be my home again. Thanks again to the staff for making my trip memorable.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Travis R
davephils, Guest Relations Manager at SDR Mactan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2015

Thank you TravisR for your insightful review. We are glad you treat SDR as your home. That is always our goal to make our guests feel like they are at home and part of the SDR family. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at SDR for only two days on business in Cebu. Although the weather was terrible, heavy rain, (not SDR's fault) but all else was satisfactory and convenient. I stayed in a two bedroom loft, plenty of room including a small kitchen, but I am no cook. Friendly staff, always eager to please. SDR is within walking distance of shops and restaurants; with beautiful beaches a short car drive away. Mactan airport is very close, just a few minutes by taxi. Cebu City is also within a short taxi ride. Inspite of the rain, I enjoyed my stay.I hope to stay for longer this year.

Room tip: For families ask for a Loft.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Thank brusinc .

We very much appreciate your kind words. On behalf of the SDR team, we look forward to seeing you back here soon. Stay well and safe travels.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have stayed here many times on visits from Japan. Best place in Mactan or Cebu with great cost performance. Would recommend it to anyone. Furnished to a very high standards and very clean. Friendly management, which is now even better than before. Particularly for being on Mactan or near the airport, this is by far the best.

Room tip: Get a room overlooking pool.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank fred n

We loved having you stay with us again. Hopefully we will see you come back to Cebu in the near future. Thanks again from Team SDR.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

These serviced apartments are very conveniently located close to Cebu airport and to a shopping centre. The service is good value and the staff are helpful. Rates are reasonable and long stay terms can be negotiated.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you found SDR great value for money and you enjoyed the location and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arrived for my stay on March 2, 2014, I was looking forward to a nice place based on the pics provided, I also wanted to do some cooking ofr fresh seafood from the local market. I was very disappointed. already from the outside of the building it looks run down, The adjoining buildings looked ready for demolishing. The room was just ok, the sliding door to the small balcony could not be secured, the locks were broken. The bathroom was old and dirty and the kitchen has seen better days maybe 2o years ago, the bed was a 6 inch foam so it felt like your laying a the ground. All the utensils were filthy, I did not want to use them to prevent any kind of disease. After two days I decided I had enough and went to check out, the front desk person told that they had already charged my card for 6 nights, I asked them why they did that, I did not give them permission to take full payment and that they were only allowed to run my card to see if it was valid. they told me it was their policy and would not be able to credit my card for the 4 remaining nights I would not be there. Since the place was cheap enough I decided to eat the $200 loss of services not provided, anything was better than staying there.

Beware, do not let them charge your full stay upon check in, pay day by day in case you also want to move to a better hotel.

Go to the Main Hotel in Mandaue, it will feel like your in a 5 star hotel compared to this place.
To my fellow Hawaii residence, stay away from this place, it is below our standards.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dean A
davephils, Guest Relations Manager at SDR Mactan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

We have been in business for over 8 years and appreciate all feedback so we can improve. Whilst the vast majority of our guests are returning guests and very happy, it pains us to hear of a bad experience.

Regarding the policy of charging for what is booked, we are like most hotels and accommodations. We block a room out once it is confirmed by the Online Travel Agent or guest direct. We have a very transparent policy on refunds which is similar to most hotels. I'm sorry if you feel that it was unfair.

We will take your comments on board and see how we can improve other elements that are within our power. Thanks for coming to the Philippines and I hope the rest of your trip was good.