See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and found the room to be very spacious, well laid out and with everything you need.

Building is full of unfinished apartments which are just bare shells so it gives the place a feel of being run down and neglected but once inside the room it is all good. Internet in room is fast and doesn't drop out.

Prices for drinks at the bar are outrageous and it should should be avoided like the black plague. didnt eat there but would imagine the prices would be on a par with the drinks. Plenty of good value places to eat and drink within strolling distance down at the mall. Am staying there again in 6 weeks time on a stopover between flights

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank nonbg123
davephils, Manager at SDR Mactan Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank-you for taking the time out to review. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 7 January 2011

My first stay in Mactan but have been to Philippines several times. I found SDR on the net. The accommodation is precisely as described on their website. Comfortable, clean and safe. The building itself is nothing special. Lots of unfinished apartments and a little scruffy. However, the interiors are fine. Might be off putting to someone with 5 star expectations. The staff are superb and go out of their way to assist with special requests. Cable tv is not that great on channel selection but at this price, one really can't complain.Internet access in the room is excellent. Its close to a small shopping mall which includes a very well stocked supermarket and a Starbucks.

Date of stay: January 2011
3  Thank ChrisCoxCebu

Thank-you for your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and had positive comments. Noted on the cableTV. We now have a better provider that has a far wider selection of channels.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

We needed a place to stay for a night in Cebu that also offers a ‘twin city tour’ that fits our budget. There were a lot of other hotels but since SDR offered me less priced van rentals for the tour, I decided to book them. Besides, it's only a night.

Service - Pick up from Mactan airport was on time. We went to the hotel first to drop off our things before starting the tour. The staff was kind enough to let us put our things in our room even though it's just 9AM. The official check-in time was 2PM. But they said it was ok since no one stayed in our room the previous day anyway so they didn't charge us extra. After that we proceeded to the twin city tour right away 'cause we only had a day to stay there. Our driver, Mang Amado, was kind and polite. He patiently took our pictures when we asked and offered us his umbrella when it started raining (yes, it rained. sigh!) . But since we left home at 2AM that morning, my hubby and I were so tired after the land-air-tour travel. So it was just understandable that I got irritated after a 'soapy incident'. Since I hadn’t seen any in the bathroom, I asked if there were complimentary bath things (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc). They said only the soap could be given free. But I didn't realize I had to ask 3 times before I could get one. In the end, I actually got one 'cause I took the soap myself from the office downstairs. But besides that, the staff was ok.

Room – When we got upstairs my first impression was that of a horror movie. Very quiet, blunt-colored corridors that made you think a ghost might pass by. But when we opened the door, a very comfortable studio-type room awaited us. We could actually have a home like theirs if we would live in a condo. The kitchen was fully equipped with pots and pans and knives and cooking stuff. The bathroom was small, though. And the water pressure was very low. We stayed at room 304E and didn't ask for another room since we will be staying for a night only anyway. But the low water pressure in the bathroom was very stressing. We would have taken a bath at the kitchen if we just could. At least the cozy bed made up for it. I slept like a log. But that was after a woman kept calling ‘cause she thinks our number was the office number downstairs (she also kept asking about the soap). There were some numbers written on the phone but were vague which number was which.

I can’t say anything about the food, though. Throughout our stay we ate somewhere else and their daily rate didn’t include breakfast. Also, we didn't have a chance to swim at the pool. They have 2 pools: the small free one and the big pool that you have to pay P200/person/day 'cause I think the pool belongs to the other hotel, Lancaster.

Pros:
- clean and comfortable rooms
- available kitchen utensils
- has a pool
- near Mactan Airport
- good value for city tour

Cons:
- low water pressure
- no readily available complimentary bath things except tissue

Date of stay: December 2010
3  Thank thepickyone
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This is my 3rd trip to Cebu and I wanted a base to travel around from. Although on Mactan Island its only 45 minutes by motorbike to Danao, 2hrs over the mountains to Balamban, 1hr to Carcar and 10-15 mins to central Cebu over either bridge. My favourite eatery, the Larsian BBQ is only 30 mins also. Ok there is no beach view but remember you are on Mactan not Borocay! and my stay of three weeks was just 700$ plus motorbike rental of only 250PHP a day. Phelgie in the office is so helpful and the staff are good.

Date of stay: August 2010
3  Thank BadwellTony
Reviewed 14 August 2010

If you're looking for a place to stay on the beach so that you can relax at the hotel on your vacation, this isn't the place for you. If you're expecting a nice, clean neighborhood or resort area, you might be disappointed since this hotel is located closer to the city than most resorts. But, if you're like me, and you want somewhere that is convenient, affordable, without sacrificing quality, this is your place! The room was clean and very well air-conditioned, and you can't beat the location (only a 5 minute walk from Marina Mall). You can easily find transportation, but it's far enough away from the city that it's quiet. The high-speed internet was excellent, allowing me to keep in touch w/ family back home. The staff was friendly & helpful. Overall, it met my needs!

Date of stay: June 2010