Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,022 results
All reviews ibiza beach club breakfast buffet movenpick mactan staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

After four months (and counting) of isolation due to the ongoing community quarantine, some resort in Mactan started accepting local guests, and I decided to try it out. By and large, Movenpick is an excellent hotel, the staff is remarkable, and they ensure your safety during this time of the pandemic. Only one functioning restaurant and the menu is minimal, and I suspect this is due to the skeletal workforce. The room is quite old but mostly functional. There is no bidet, which is surprising for a hotel like this. The water at the tub is yellow, and I don't know why. By and large, it is still an excellent place to go for a change of your day-to-day environment during the quarantine.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
Max Huber, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2020

Dear ucatalan,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.

I'm glad to hear that you were truly happy with your stay experience. Moreover, It brings me joy to hear how impressed you were with the service and found the ambiance ideal for people who wish to have a relaxing escape.

On another note, I also appreciate the insights you shared about the facilities. While the mood lights and interior hues may give a different color impression on the water, my team went back to do a thorough check on your concern. Do trust that we have clean water running throughout our hotel. I value feedback such as yours as this helps us identify areas that need immediate check and attention.

Thank you, once again, for taking time to post a review. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2020

I stayed in Movenpick Hotel Mactan for 3 nights during a bonding trip with my colleagues in Jan 2020. I must say that he hotel facility and service are in good standard. The room is clean and well equipped. The bed is really comfortable. The breakfast is the best I had in Cebu. There is a private beach for bonding activities. Excellent!

Room tip: High level rooms have a better view of the sea.
Date of stay: January 2020
MaxHuber_GM, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2020

Dear Tony_DXC,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel.

It brings me great to joy to know how much you loved your stay and that you found everything to your comfort and convenience. It's always a pleasure to hear great feedback from our guests and I appreciate the time you took to post this review.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2020

The staff -- They're helpful and friendly. No complaints whatsoever. They're very attentive to the needs of the guests. Kind-hearted and warm staff.

The room - It was pretty decent. It was good for the price, I guess.

The food -- I had dinner at Ibiza and the food was pricey (even converting to USD) and sadly, it didn't live up to my expectation and its price. I was expecting a little bit more considering it's a "5 star resort". The cocktail drinks were also watered down. They are definitely overpriced -- I guess because most of their guests are tourists and not locals. I was fairly disappointed to say the least. The next day and for the rest of our stay, we've decided to eat somewhere else. We've enjoyed it more and they were definitely NOT overpriced.

The pool and beach- This is where they lack! The pool wasn't inviting. It looks good on picture, but definitely not as exciting as it looks. It was decent size and there's not much going on besides the cool chairs halfway submerged in the pool. Was there a jacuzzi or did I just totally miss it? Anyway, it was boring.
THE BEACH? Oh my gosh! I wasn't expecting a man-made little "white sand beach" going on. The other areas surrounding the resort are full of rocks and not white sand at all. The water wasn't clear and it was full of algae... I didn't swim much because I started getting itchy with the things floating around. I was expecting to get a lot of sun and beach vibe going on, but it was not the case.

My stay was not a memorable one and I would not come back. It's my personal preference,of course. I would just go elsewhere to be honest. I think there are cheaper resorts in the area or farther with better ocean water and pool, and no overpriced bland food and water downed drinks :(

Room tip: Book a different resort.
Date of stay: November 2019
MaxHuber_GM, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

Dear mialemer,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation in Cebu.

While it's a delight to know that you were impressed with my friendly and reliable team and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, it's also sad to hear that the food and drinks didn't appeal to your taste. Do trust that I have shared your comments with our culinary team, for their assessment in menu planning and development.

Regarding your feedback about the swimming pool and beach, I do understand that each everyone has their own preferences when it comes to leisure facilities. Please allow me to share, as well, that we do have a team assigned for the cleaning and maintenance of all our facilities at various times daily.

I value feedback such as yours as this helps us assess how we can further enhance guest experience in our hotel. I wish you wonderful days ahead.

Max.Huber@movenpick.com

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Very elegant hotel, service is superb and excellent,
great selection in their breakfast buffet. At night
they have a great with show at the IBIZA along the oceanfront. The dinner was also with a menu of excellent selection.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank journeys2424
MaxHuber_GM, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear journeys2424,

Thank you for the thumbs up!

This wonderful review has brought me great joy and I truly appreciate that you detailed out everything you found exceptional during your stay--- from the food selections to service quality, as well as the ambiance and entertainment lineup at Ibiza Beach Club. Such great news to share with the rest of the team!

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

We’ve been returning to the Movenpick Resort complex in Cebu, Philippines for years. The easy access to their sparkling clean beach, the WiFi and the business lounge, their delicious restaurant food, the breathtaking panoramic ocean views, the nice mix of international guests of all ages, and most of all the superb hospitality and friendliness of the staff who deliver excellent customer service on a daily basis. Try it for yourself. You will see what I’m saying and most likely write your own rave review.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MaxHuber_GM, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear josephlN3169II,

Thank you so much for the love!

It's so heartwarming to read this wonderful review coming from a returning guest. Your feedback about the hotel's services and facilities are music to our ears. I'm glad you found everything truly exceptional and worth raving about online.

I look forward to welcome you back again on your next visit.