Vio.com
Trip.com
5,294 results
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove tides restaurant chi spa adventure zone buko bar ocean club lounge fish food chinese restaurant private beach marine life breakfast buffet fish feeding hong kong family vacation lechon main pool
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019

The resort is beautifully designed and well-maintained. There are many activities for the whole family to enjoy. My husband and I had such a good time that we are planning to go back with the kids.

Certain things can be improved though. Our bathroom door would leak and floor the bathroom floor, they seemed understaffed for the long weekend so waiters were scrambling, our room safe didn't work since it ran out of battery, etc. All little things but it could use improvement.

Overall a great stay!

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are the best. The rooms on the other side looking over New Town can get noisy at night.
2  Thank Marga B
Shangri-LaResortCebu, Manager at Shangri-La Mactan, Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2019

Dear Mgmblake,

Wonderful review!

I’m glad to know you had a perfect family holiday with us! With all our exciting activities, fun facilities and tranquil journeys, the resort is truly a favorite playground of kids and parents alike.

Meantime, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for improvement as well. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like these that we learn from and use to improve.

Joost Folkers, Resident Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

the room was huge, clean , comfy bed and linen, balcony overlooking the beach front and swimming pool area is a plus, check in was slow,staff very courteous , breakfast buffet not that much choices and very very crowded, not so much water activities , the hotel is located in a very quiet isolated area, althought the hotel do provide shuttle bus to downtown cebu city, however take note of the traffic , its worst than manila.

2  Thank sannytan

Dear Sannytan,

You have mentioned a lot of great points in your review, and I’m just delighted to know you have experienced all those exceptional things the resort offers.

Joost Folkers, Resident Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Shangri-la from July 29th - July 31st. After a delayed flight and pure exhaustion, my husband and I were ecstatic to arrive to the property and engage in some well needed rest.. we arrived at approximately 1:15AM. To my disappointment, however, I arrived to an incredibly ill-mannered and brusque Front desk agent (I recall his name to be James, though I am not certain). I have visited 5 star properties all throughout the world and this was by far the greatest disappointment. After a long back and forth interaction with said Agent, we were finally provided the keys to our room. As I prepared for bed, I enter the restroom and not only were there insects flying in my face, there were dead and dying insects surrounding the bathroom floor. Immediately, we approached the reception desk to voice our concerns and to our consternation, the Overnight Front Office Manager displayed no sense of concern. We proceeded to request a second accommodation, we were given a room with a molded faucet. The next morning, we spoke with the Front Office Manager and though she extended us profuse apologies, it was discernible that there was nothing she could possibly do to rectify our issues. According to her, in the 25 years the property has been in business, this was the first occurrence of such an incident. We spent an approximate amount of $136,000 pesos/$2666 US dollars only to be given minimal compensation for all of the inconveniences mentioned. I refuse to recommend this property to anyone seeking relaxation and a true luxury experience as they will only become as disappointed as I am.

8  Thank sheenadiaz
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

It was our second time to stay in Shangri-La Mactan, but this time we booked a Main Wing Deluxe Sea View Room with the Family Fun Package. From our arrival to our departure, we had no problems at all and we were treated really well by the hotel staff. Everyone was courteous and greeted us whenever they see us. Check-in and check-out were hassle-free. The room was large and the amenities provided are complete. The view from our room was amazing! If you’d be swimming at the kiddie pool area, it’s better to choose the Main Wing. But if you’d rather go to the beach and adult pools, better choose the Ocean Wing to avoid long walks. It was a great idea to avail of the package since it already included unlimited access to Adventure Zone, unlimited use of the kayak and snorkeling facilities, plus buffet breakfast and dinner for 2 adults and 2 kids below 6. Our toddler had a blast at the kiddie pool area and the beach, as well as in every area of Adventure Zone and the E-Zone. The food in the restaurants and in-room dining tasted great too. While the total cost was a bit pricey, the service and inclusions were worth it. Our family had a great time and we’ll definitely come back for another vacation there. Thank you Shangri-la Mactan for the wonderful experience!

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear Melodieylagan,

Fantastic!

Nothing makes my day more than hearing kind words about our tropical paradise. I’m glad we were able to deliver the exceptional experience that you have known during your stay with us. It’s true, you can never go wrong with Shangri-La, and I sincerely hope you consider coming back so you can discover the magnificent
sight of the sun, sea and sky here in our lush idyll once more!

Joost Folkers, Resident Manager Sincerely,

Reviewed August 19, 2019

One of the loveliest settings and locations for a resort property ever! It has its own private beach, and its very own marine sanctuary! Beaches are pristine white, soft sand. Plenty of fish and marine life nurtured by the property itself. The pools are wonderful, though sadly the Ocean pool was closed during our stay.
I particularly loved the fact that Club guests have the option of 3 places to have breakfast, and 2 places to have the Cocktail hour. The downstairs Italian restaurant is our favourite. It has so much to offer that one really need not ever leave the property ion search of more beaches or coastline. If you must leave the property it should only be to check out the wonderful historical sites of Cebu.
Even their food in-house was totally authentic and oh-so good! I had a crispy pata packed to bring home to Singapore!
Incredibly well trained yet genuine staff who know what they do and do it with true warmth and hospitality. An excellent and under-estimated Shangri-La property in our opinion. We will certainly return!

Room tip: Oceanfront rooms on high floor if you are up to the challenge of higher pricing. The club access is almost a must to enhance your stay
Date of stay: July 2019
4  Thank ztudioasia

Dear Monica W,

Fantastic review!

Nothing brightens our day more than reading positive reviews from our guests. Thank you for your lovely words about the resort’s pristine white and soft sand beach, marine sanctuary, and most especially our staff.

You’re right, our little paradise boasts of so many wonders, and I personally believe that our trademark Shangri-La hospitality shines the most. We’d really love to welcome you back and see you write more blissful memories in the sand. See you in Cebu!

Joost Folkers, Resident Manager Sincerely,