4,094 results
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove chi spa adventure zone tides restaurant ocean club lounge buko bar marine sanctuary fish food mini golf chinese restaurant private beach fish feeding tropical fish breakfast buffet white sand beach play area
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We had to wait an hour since our flight was an hour early into check-in time. Reception area greeted us warmly with a cold glass of kalamansi juice.

As soon as we entered our room, we immediately noticed that the washroom sink was clogged with sand and sediments (we assumed it was due to drainage problem seeing as the hotel was located beside the ocean)- so we requested for it to get sorted. It took a while for someone to fix/ look at it. There were times where we requested for assistance in room supplies and it took forever for the team to get us acquainted- there were even moments where we requested for towels (after a swim) and it never arrived.

We enjoyed parasailing and snorkeling around the sandy beaches. You can definitely enjoy a long stroll around their garden during sunset. We enjoyed the Italine dinner at Azure esp. their Margarita pizza!

The view was spectacular from our balcony (sea view) and the complimentary breakfast was amazing (flavourwise) but due to the busy bustling season (December) all the staff were too busy to accommodate each guest. But you would expect the services to be top notch considering how Shangri La is considered a luxury resort and spa so there is definitely a lot of room for improvement.

Overall, it was alright. We enjoyed ourselves but the stay could have been better.

Room Tip: get the sea view- it may charge a little more than the atrium but its well worth it
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen C
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, of course I was concerned to learn of the disappointment you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we continue to work on managing our guest experience better, especially during peak periods, and I will be looking into the issue you raised.

We appreciate your great remarks about our leisure activities, the beach and panoramic sea views, and the lush greenery. The team and I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

René D. Egle, General Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I was at this resort for a business conference with my company.
The resort is quite big and well served with restaurants and bars, it lies just on the beach with an amazing view on the bay.
The gym also is quite big and very well cleaned.
The SPA also is recommended, I got a massage which has been relaxing and helped me to recover from the long flight (the massage is a bit pricey to be in Philippines).
Overall recommended

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Jessica r,

I’m glad to know you spared some time to explore the resort on your business trip. Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, facilities, spa, and restaurants.

We do hope you visit us again for leisure so you can experience our tropical paradise in a different perspective. There are a lot of fun things to do, delectable cuisines to sample, and wonderful memories to create under Mactan’s sunny skies.

Best regards,
René D. Egle, General Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Stayed here for 3 days/2 nights with my family. I expected more from the room for its price. But I enjoyed their breakfast buffet at the Tides; very tasty food and there's a whole section for the kids complete with plastic cups and plates.

The pools are my favorite; very big. The beach was OK; I've seen better.

The staff are exceptional! They make sure you truly have a pleasant stay. There's also an afternoon service where they ask if you need more water or additional towels or anything. The staff never fails to give a friendly smile and greetings whenever and wherever you pass by. A big thank you!

Only downside was that I got charged for what's supposed to be a complimentary breakfast. My daughter was sick on our second day and I asked if they can bring us breakfast to our room instead. They called our room and said it will be sent to us free as approved by their manager. My mistake was that I didn't carefully checked the itemized charges before signing it, thereby, only realizing that I was charged for the breakfast when I was already back home and sorting my receipt. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Cherrylie C
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Cherrylie C,

Lovely review! Thank you for your remarkable words about our breakfast buffet, leisure facilities, and most especially our staff – they are what makes the Shangri-La experience one-of-a-kind!

With regards to your feedback about the breakfast charge, please allow us to investigate. I do apologize if this has left a negative impression on you, and we hope to make amends should you visit Mactan in the future.

The team and I would love to have your family back so you can check out our tranquil journeys at CHI, The Spa, tasty treats at any of our five-star restaurants or aquatic adventures at Shangri-La’s Marine Sanctuary – there’s always room for new experiences here!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I was vacation with my family and visited this resort in Mactan, Cebu. When you walk in, this place is absolutely gorgeous. No doubt about it. Everyone is very welcoming and has amazing customer service.

We booked a suite and we were kind of surprised by the room. It was pretty small and it was 2 queen beds pushed together. The balcony was also small but the view was nice.
The room itself was difficult to have room service even though they had the tables that broke down for space.

The kids are where the pools are we’re nice. But it was very full with a lot of people when we went. And the pool area wasn’t cleaned up. We sat in an area that had trash and left over drinks from the previous people. We also couldn’t find anyone so we could place an order. There were menus, but we didn’t know where to go or who to talk to, to place an order.

The view was nice. The landscaping is really beautiful. Overall, this is a nice looking resort. But for the money we paid for our room, it was disappointing. I was expecting something a little more. But, I’m glad I got to experience it at least once. (Needs to be updated a little more) food was great also!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Lakergirl18

Dear Lakergirl18,

I’m thrilled to know you loved our breathtaking vistas and trademark Shangri-La hospitality. :)

With regards to your remarks about our rooms and pool area, please be assured that we are continuously working on improving our guest experience, especially during peak periods, and I will be looking into the issues you raised.

That said, we sincerely hope to have you back so you can experience our other exciting adventures, munch on our tasty treats, and relax in our haven of peace, CHI The Spa, on your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Spent a weekend on business. WiFi was 50/50. It drives me nuts when there is not a plug in near the bed without having to move furniture...just me. The view is beautiful, the people are fantastic. Finding your way around the hotel is challenging. I love the open air design. Breakfast at The Tides was good, not great.

It your here on vacation, I’m sure it would be fantastic for families. For my weekend stay, it does not compare to other Shangri-La facilities. I felt even more tired when I left, than at arrival.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
4  Thank Todd T

Dear Todd T,

I’m glad to know you have spared some time to explore the resort on your business trip. Thank you for your kind words about our seascape and heartwarming hospitality.

Please be assured that I have noted all your sentiments and I will follow this up with the team as we work in creating an excellent experience for all our guests.

I do hope you visit us again for leisure so you can experience our tropical paradise in a different perspective. There are a lot of fun things to do, delectable cuisines to sample and wonderful memories to create under Mactan’s sunny skies.

All the best,