Stayed at Shangri-la Mactan for my birthday last year and it was amazing!
This review is much delayed, but when I realized I hadn't given one, better late than never.
This was our second stay at the Shangri-la Mactan, our first being in August 2015. And each stay was really wonderful.
What they got right? EVERYTHING! In spite of how huge and sprawling the property is, they were able to make us feel special and cared for.
In more detail, what we loved about our stay:
1. Free transfers and birthday cake- They gave this when they found out I was booking for my birthday!
2. Pleasant check-in- Although there was a wait to check in, they had ample couches, and even a kids' station for coloring, and free popcorn! That's priceless when you travel with kids
3. Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds and pillows means amazing sleep!
4. Beach has a marine sanctuary- that means no need for boat rides to snorkel and enjoy fish-feeding. Only 5 steps into the sea, you are lots of fish!
5. Adventure zone- traveled with my seven year old and she really enjoyed adventure zone where we could leave her to enjoy, and we could go off and enjoy other hotel amenities. The giant slide was very awesome, and very safe with sturdy helmets provided.
6. Gym- the gym had everything we needed! Plus warm Jacuzzi and sauna. Perfect for end of day relaxation
7. Breakfast buffet- They had an amazing selection of food, including a kids buffet! I specially admired the wheat grass drink they made fresh! Even cut the grass right in front of us! There was also coffee you could take out and the was very kind of them to know we'd like to take coffee by the beach too
8. Kiddie slides and water parks- every kids dream! If you're traveling with children, they will be very happy here... And therefore, so will you :)
9. Service, service, SERVICE! Everyone without exception was kind and helpful, courteos, and made us feel welcome and at home.
Thumbs up for the Shangri la Mactan! I'm missing them already and will surely be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu