Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$214
Travelocity
US$62
US$52
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$41
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$46
Agoda.com
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$50
Agoda.com
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$90
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
3,854 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarymini golfchinese restaurantprivate beachtropical fishfish feedingbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachplay area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2017

It was my first visit to the famous Shangri-La and my expectations were very high, living in the Caribbean and being used to be a monthly guest to resort as Sandals, Hyatt, Secrets and Riu Palace.
The atmosphere of the Shangri-La is unique: the lobby and main area is simply amazing, I really loved the style and made me feel really good and comfortable, and also the staff - probably helped by being in The Philippines - was great, very careful and welcoming.
The room was quite nice but my first day has been ruined by an unpleasant episode: while showering, I have noticed that there was a giant tarantula on the ceiling and I got crazy....you can't have nasty insects in a 5 star hotel costing over 300 usd per night.
The quality of restaurants and food is really high: I have tried the Acqua having Fettuccelle with Mushroom and Truffle and I found it excellent and very tasty.
The beach is small but really nice, while the pool is amazing and it has a nice water park with slides.
I would come back for sure to Shangri-La, even if I think the price is a bit high considering that it includes only breakfast (no drinks, no all-inclusive). I forgot to say that the price is for room: if you travel "Solo" as I did, you are going to pay a lot of money.

Room Tip: Ocean Wing
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Dear Pontix,

Great review, thank you very much!

I was delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the resort and its facilities, specifically the pool, the beach and our Italian restaurant Acqua. Of course I fully agree on the insects and this is certainly an exception rather than the rule but although Cebu has a very tropical climate, I am happy to advise you that there are no tarantulas in this country. But again, I agree with you that there should be no insects in the room.

My team and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Cebu and Shangri-La Mactan!

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2017

One thing that really stands out about this hotel is the service. Everyone greets you with a smile and requests are handled with a sense of urgency and care. From the check-in desk to the restaurants to the room service, I always enjoyed interacting with the staff.

The views are another thing that stand out. We stayed in the ocean wing and the view from the balcony was so nice. Then there's the view from the infinity pool which had me posting quite a bit on Instagram. As you walk around the meticulously manicured grounds you find yourself constantly saying 'wow' (ie. Pebble arrangements).

One thing they can improve upon is perhaps updating the washroom. Don't get me wrong , they're very clean, but they are showing their age. In my washroom it looked like the soap holder was broken and repaired when really it should have been replaced entirely. Another thing was the toilet which had an issue with the tank and never stop filling. So I'd have to jiggle the handle to get it to stop.

Overall I liked it here and would come again.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JIvey82
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear Jlvey82,

Stunning review!

I’m delighted to know you appreciate our panoramic ocean views, lush greenery and most of all, our service. Please be assured that I have noted your comments on our washroom, especially as we plan future refurbishment of our rooms.
The Mactan team and I look forward to welcoming you back here in our tropical pearly gates, so you can rediscover our trademark Shangri-La hospitality once more!

All the best,

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Although i have some other issues with this hotel, I will just stick to the "family friendly" issue. So here it goes.....

A few months before booking for the trip, my wife and I got news a that children are not allowed in the club lounge. Since this was a family vacation without our nanny we decided to just get an ordinary room. Upon confirmation of our booking over the phone, the staff who talked to my wife told her that the news she heard is not true, we can bring our kids( age 4 & 7) to the club lounge as long as they are supervised. So we decided to upgrade our room to a club room at the Ocean View Wing.

During our first night, we went to the club lounge and had some drinks...we were surprised that at 6pm we were told that we had to leave or bring the kids to the room since it's their policy that kids are not allowed from 6-8pm(i think that's the "happy hour") We were alao told that if we still wanted to have drinks we can just come back at 8pm.

Okay, we've been to other lounges, Edsa Shangri La to name one and we NEVER got this kind of treatment from them. We even celebrated my daughter's 7th birthday at the Horizon Club lounge. The staff at Edsa Shang even gave Shang Mactan a very good endorsement, they told us that Shang Mactan was a very "family friendly" hotel.

For my unsolicited advise, if you want to get a club room at Shangrila Mactan either bring a nanny with you OR don't bring your small kids along with you. Hope this helps.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank John S
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Dear John S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I’m quite appalled to hear your comments, especially since we have been awarded recently by TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Hotels as 11th among the “Top 25 Hotel in Asia” and 1st among the “Top 25 Hotel in the Philippines”. Nevertheless, you have raised some valid concerns that I will be looking into with my team, and I deeply apologize if there was any miscommunication from our end.

The Ocean Club Lounge welcomes both kids and adults, but for our guests’ convenience, we have allotted a special time for family cocktails with a spread of kids’ favorite munch, followed by an adults-only cocktail hour.

While I regret that you were disappointed with your stay, I sincerely hope you allow us to make amends should you visit us in the future; please feel free to get in touch with me directly at rene.egle@shangri-la.com.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

We had an ocean view room and we couldn't get enough of it. The food was great– there are quite a few restaurants to choose from. The service we received was exceptional. I would definitely go back if I had a chance.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzerSchmoozer

Dear Suzer Schmoozer,

Thank you for the five stars! I’m thrilled to know you had an exceptional holiday with us, and that you have high remarks for our food and service. I look forward to seeing you again here in our little paradise so we can delight you with our five-star tropical charm once more.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite beaches in the world. Beautiful resort perfectly maintained, staff is attentive and friendly. Down side little pricey for this part of the world, and restaurant service in much need of training. Up side never feels crowded, food is awesome and very family friendly. Almost forgot a special venue called Paradise Island is must experience. A private chef, butler and additional staff made the dining experience to never be forgotten.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Dean N

Dear Dean N,

It always warms my heart every time guests name our resort as their favorite. :)

The Paradise Island is indeed one of the many wonderful experiences that shouldn’t be missed, and I’m glad you had an excellent time there! I appreciate your suggestion regarding our restaurant service training; I will certainly share this with the team as we continuously work on improving our guest hospitality.

The Mactan team and I wish to welcome you again here in your favorite paradise for more fun activities, tasty cuisines and memorable experiences to rediscover!

All the best,