It was my first visit to the famous Shangri-La and my expectations were very high, living in the Caribbean and being used to be a monthly guest to resort as Sandals, Hyatt, Secrets and Riu Palace.
The atmosphere of the Shangri-La is unique: the lobby and main area is simply amazing, I really loved the style and made me feel really good and comfortable, and also the staff - probably helped by being in The Philippines - was great, very careful and welcoming.
The room was quite nice but my first day has been ruined by an unpleasant episode: while showering, I have noticed that there was a giant tarantula on the ceiling and I got crazy....you can't have nasty insects in a 5 star hotel costing over 300 usd per night.
The quality of restaurants and food is really high: I have tried the Acqua having Fettuccelle with Mushroom and Truffle and I found it excellent and very tasty.
The beach is small but really nice, while the pool is amazing and it has a nice water park with slides.
I would come back for sure to Shangri-La, even if I think the price is a bit high considering that it includes only breakfast (no drinks, no all-inclusive). I forgot to say that the price is for room: if you travel "Solo" as I did, you are going to pay a lot of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu