Abaca Boutique Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler servicehead butlerprivate boatinfinity poolpoolside suitelovely boutiqueoceanfront spapersonal butlercold towelsromantic dinnerour honeymoonisland hoppingcebu citythe penthouseairport pickuprelaxing vacationvisit cebu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2016

Words cant describe how amazing this hotel is, we came here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon and I dont think the photos online do it justice, its simply stunning and a little bit of paradise away from the busy streets of Lapu Lapu. We were picked up at the airport and met with cold scented towels and bottles of water which are wiped clean before being passed to you. We arrived and were taken to our room to check in, we had a poolside oceanfront suite which was a fabulous room with a huge bathroom and lovely sunken bath! The butler offered to help unpack our suitcases for us which was a lovely touch and then settled us into the room and arranged dinner for us in the restaurant. The food was delicious and we ate in the restaurant each evening, one night they made a special Thai green curry for us which was so delicious we asked for the recipe. Chef Jay was so accommodating and came out to talk to us about the dish he'd prepared and also the night we had a private cabana dinner as he did a special dish just for us. I would highly recommend a cabana dinner if you are celebrating something special, the pool is lit with flame torches and they set up a table in one of the cabanas and serve your food to you there with your own private butler. We also ate breakfast each morning at the end cabana by the sea which was the perfect setting to start the day. We managed to get a cabana each day and the pool attendant looked after us even so far as to put towels around you when you get out of the pool. The butlers also couldnt do enough for us throughout our stay, they even went out to get some medicine for me when I felt unwell and when we took a day trip to swim with the whale sharks (an absolute must if you are in the area, well worth the 3 hours drive) they gave us pillows and a packed lunch for the journey as we had a very early start. I wish we could have stayed a few more days and I can honestly say I had tears in my eyes the morning we left I enjoyed it so much, Ive never felt like that about anywhere I have stayed before. Thanks to all the amazing team at the Abaca you truly made our honeymoon memorable and we cant wait to return for an anniversary!

2  Thank louisesolihull
Reviewed December 20, 2016

I purposely chose this resort because of all the high ratings it received from Trip Advisor. As someone who has been to several resorts all over the region, I expected much from a place that charges $600+ for a room. I also expected good food.

Well, the room is the same as what you will see in resorts all over the region. No really mind blowing amenities. Then the only facility the resort has is a pool and that's it. If you want a quiet time to relax, the resort is sandwiched between 2 resorts that, if you are unlucky will have loud groups the whole day.

The food is OK. Breakfast was very good but dinner was a big disappointment. I ordered their ribeye (among others) which costs P4400 for 650grams and it was not good at all. Considering all the new steak places in Manila (Wolfgang's has a 900gram ribeye for P4800) this was an overpriced tourist trap.

The saving grace - great service and very gentle and polite staff. But that alone will not make me want to come back or spend USD1,000 for an overnight stay for 4 (with meals, etc). Sorry Abaca, you need to make some changes...

Room Tip: Don't choose the room with the private pool, it's so small that it hardly qualifies as a pool.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
6  Thank gojollygo
Reviewed December 18, 2016

We stayed at Abaca three nights in November 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. Service was friendly and attentive. The room was beautifully designed and decorated, and quite large and comfortable. The bathroom was also well-designed and comfortable, although there wasn't enough hot water to fill the large soaking tub; the hot water kept turning cold. Abaca Hotel began life as a restaurant, and the food is excellent. We had one breakfast brought to the room, and had several meals, both during the day and at night, in the restaurant. The food is really amazingly good! We would gladly return to Abaca, and wed recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

this resort is definitely the best!! My family and I had a wonderful lunch here and it was amazing!! Chef Jay and his staff are very accommodating and very attentive to our needs..The FOOD IS GREAT!! Thank you for making our Cebu Trip extra special :)

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2016

After our first experience in June we could not wait to get back and visit again. Choose the 3rd floor Ocean-view Suite rather than a villa as I wanted to wake up to sunrise and ocean. Loved sitting on the balcony watching the fishermen go about their business during the peaceful early hours of the morning before the rest of the resort awoke. It was busier this time and at least 8 of the 9 room occupied bit still it did not feel crowded or cramped. You still need to get up early and stake your claim to one of the 5 cabanas as its first come first serve for those and they are deff. the way to go if you are here to relax, be lazy, dip in the pool and be looked after by the great staff. New Chef has arrived and he is a great personality and will fit right in. I will look forward to some of his menu items next visit as the menu had not changed since last visit.The staff were amazing. Almost all recognized us and used our name and welcomed back. As a traveler, that easy and simple interaction and greeting just put you at ease and creates a great sense of warmth. 9 10ths of the battle of delivering a great experience. Had dinner in our room one night which was well done and quickly served and picked-up. Had a foot massage at the cabana on the last day compliments of the Team. Nice touch and even the therapist remembered us from our last visit... WOW!!! This place delivers highly personalized, individual and anticipatory service. You can see if you look carefully how they cardiograph your experience by communicating with each other on your location in the resort and what you are doing to ensure maximum impact such as never ever seeing the housekeeping teams perform the AM or turn-down service etc. At the end of our 3 night four day visit it felt like we were leaving home and our family rather than just another nice resort. For me that experience is rare in the hospitality industry and why I will be loyal to Abaca on my return visits to Cebu. I left truly rested and relaxed and more bonded with my wife.

Room Tip: Eat your meals in your room, balcony, garden, pool side, cabana and the rest. Just ask and they make it happen with ease and a smile